• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
The Steam Sale is almost over and I still have to convince people on Twitter that Marlow Briggs is amazing and well worth 1€.
We do live in dark times.

Caerith

you should name names, thats the worst.

Also is Towerfall that ouija game?
It was on the ouija, but I think they cleaned it up for Steam. The Giant Bomb crew plays it from time to time when they have four people in a room, right in the rotation with Samurai Gunn.

Unfortunately the global blacklist only gets used when someones uses 'BLACKLIST' in a giveaway.
I use "BLACKLIST" all the time. It just takes a lot of people permablocking someone for them to be added to it.

Who knows, you can choose to put gifts into your inventory but why would anyone do this other than for dubious shenanigans?
So, if it's not in the giver's inventory but the receiver didn't claim it, then where the hell is it? I'm just trying to understand. I've gotten direct Steam gifts a couple of times from GAFFERS (through Modbot raffles) and I don't remember anything special about the process.

Shepard

Monkey Island games will never go on sale again thanks to Disney. And to think I missed the bundle last year by just a few seconds :~(

zkylon

zkylewd
YLqt6AK.jpg

gmorning pinks

apparently we won yesterday?

i don't think i've ever gotten any points lol

Jopie

The Steam Sale is almost over and I still have to convince people on Twitter that Marlow Briggs is amazing and well worth 1€.
We do live in dark times.

keep spreading the good word. Game is amazing. The best part of the entire sale for me has been this game.

Never let it be said that I don't listen to the requests of SteamGAF...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Banished -- MB-6D8B5B741C4426AF - Taken by hohoXD123. 25 entrants total.

t1403991144z1.png

rrs

wHu6pFw.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

Two of the mystery games are Broken Age.
The other three are Bad Rats.

Choose wisely and goodluck!
Now this is a Bad Rats roulette I can get behind

~Kinggi~

Banned
So tomorrow i will probably be spending a lot of money on all the games that are haunting me in my wishlist that arent getting dailies. Dear lord.

Jeremy

TWO QUESTIONS:

Number 1: Does anyone else always forget that when one game is listed (in this instance, BGII:EE) the other games in the series are discounted (most of the time) and not buy them or only realize later?

Number 2: Is Killer Is Dead any good? Discount is shoddy but it's still a discount.

BONUS ROUND

Bonus: Is it a sequel or related to any other Suda 51 games?

Grief.exe

Have
Summer Adventure Card 1 (2 extras)
Summer Adventure Card 2
Summer Adventure Card 6
Summer Adventure Card 7
Summer Adventure Card 9

Need
Summer Adventure Card 5
Summer Adventure Card 3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You did that on purpose, didn't you?
at first I've red it as Titanfall, it was nice (><)

did what on purpose? is that not how you spell the name of that thing? :)

Well, that's depressing. I gave away a copy of Long Live the Queen but the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.

Pretty sure that is the same dude who won Deus Ex from me a while back. I checked his profile and it isn't showing up.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's depressing. I gave away a copy of Long Live the Queen but the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.

This is how this bullshit makes me feel:

YBIkx1B.jpg

I'm not going to name names. I'm sure detective-gaf could find lots of people who do this. The community here is pretty good, but it's hard to see that past the scum sometimes.

...Modbot automatically adds the name of the winner to the giveaway text. lol, I think this is an open and shut case.

Sorry that happened though.

The_Monk

I'm not going to name names. I'm sure detective-gaf could find lots of people who do this. The community here is pretty good, but it's hard to see that past the scum sometimes.

The person is the one that won the Raffle, correct? So the people asking for his name may already know if that's the case.

Either way it's a shame this happened. Let us know if we can do something to help.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yup. I don't even know why. It was $10 and now it's $15.

It was a daily deal 2 days ago, so the daily deal discount has already expired. But for some reason, it's still listed in "Yesterday's Deals".

Caerith

...Modbot automatically adds the name of the winner to the giveaway text. lol, I think this is an open and shut case.

Sorry that happened though.
We have a lot of detectives in here today.

Pretty sure that is the same dude who won Deus Ex from me a while back. I checked his profile and it isn't showing up.
Ah, that sucks. I stopped checking after finding three other games in a row that were never added.

derExperte

So, if it's not in the giver's inventory but the receiver didn't claim it, then where the hell is it? I'm just trying to understand. I've gotten direct Steam gifts a couple of times from GAFFERS (through Modbot raffles) and I don't remember anything special about the process.

As I understand it he has set his gift inventory to private (I have too because not everyone needs to see/know everything) so the game could very well be in there but the polite thing to do is to immediately activate won games. Also it looks like this isn't the first time this has happened.

BJK

wHu6pFw.png

As a backer and a lover of anything Tim Shafer I have decided to give away Broken Age! But with a twist!

I don't enter a ton of these giveaways, but Broken Age is a game I'm curious about...but just so not curious enough to buy on the flash sale. Chasing the rats makes it all the more thrilling.

A small giveaway of an older game, which I'm finally trying to get out of my backlog.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-3E2BA7F4C7869B0E - Taken by ohblahitsme. 10 entrants total.

t1403991528z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Totally bannable, like telling the mods how to do their job.

We're talking about Steam keys, public shaming should be perfectly acceptable if true.

Well publicly dropping the name can get more people to blacklist the one using the games for personal gain. It is not a bad idea afterall. Im not telling mods how to do their job but that practice of taking games and selling them on other sites instead of doing what the rules of modbot are should be punishable somehow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Banished basically has the deal it has during the whole sale, 25%

someone didnt tell the devs that dailies arent ACTUTALLY dailies, they are 48hours lol

edit: oh it wasnt a daily deal yesterday? then wtf is it doing there, what game should be there instead?

Rnr1224

i didnt see the rule change that they give games away for the 2nd and third place teams till now. IF ONLY I KNEW! i've been selling all my adventure cards and barely crafting any at all.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I jsut checked my PMs and apparently I registered for a Garry's Mod Raffle Humble Bundle key and I won it.

I redeemed it to my Humble Bundle account, tried to redeem it to my Steam account and... I already have Garry'ss Mod.

Since you can't re-gift registered Humble Bundle keys, that copy of Garry's Mod is forever lost.

I'm sorry about that. To try to Remedy that, here's FEZ and Orcs Must Die! from Humble Bundle as well:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Orcs Must Die Goty! -- MB-0283D3218F483CCB - Taken by PoemOfTheLastMoment. 5 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-09D602B689D61F1C - Taken by somnific. 7 entrants total.

t1403991583z1.png

Dipper145

Are the community choice sales/flash sales the same discount a game would get as a daily? I missed the divinity original sin deal, and if thats win's Id like to get it, but want to make sure that 20% is the lowest it'll go.

masterkajo

wHu6pFw.png

Well, at least you didn't do it like 4 Broken Age and only 1 Bad Rats. Can you imagine being the one and only that gets Bad Rats? That must be the shitiest feeling.

Jeremy

I have no idea how I'm going to feel after the sale and I actually have to play all these games instead of monitoring this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom