• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gintoki

All you really need are some "whales", rich steam users cooperating with other rich users to fuck with everyone and keep buying the steal points to keep everything even. Or not even cooperating, just immediately stepping up when one falls behind.

Or just russian traders really.

Soroc

n8C13F1.png

Really how stupid does Valve think we are? How in the world is this not rigged?

Really we are still talking about rigging? Come on!

Its the LAST day, all colors are gonna be in a close race as people exhaust ALL their cards. Ijust sold all the duplicates I had on the marketplace.

In other news, I just checked out Divinity: OS WOW! This game looks sooo good. Anyone in the early access already? Is the creation tools already available?

Fortunately the good apples outnumber the bad... But still unfortunate. Isn't the first time someone's taken advantage for personal gain, won't be the last. We all still thank you for the generosity.

delirium

Have
Summer Adventure Card 1 (2 extras)
Summer Adventure Card 2 (2 extras)
Summer Adventure Card 7
Summer Adventure Card 9

Need
Summer Adventure Card 3
Summer Adventure Card 6

I'll trade a 1 for a 3.

Have:
Summer Adventure Card 2 x2
Summer Adventure Card 3 x3
Summer Adventure Card 4
Summer Adventure Card 6 x3
Summer Adventure Card 7
Summer Adventure Card 8 x2
Summer Adventure Card 10 x2

Want:
Summer Adventure Card 1
Summer Adventure Card 5
Summer Adventure Card 9

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i bought alice madness returns a few days ago for 5 bucks, and i started playing it and the design is amazing, really liking it!

although at first i had a lot of popup textures and 30 fps cap... thank god tweaking it is easy

tumblr_m6e94rs7QB1ru8d9jo1_500.gif

if that game was 10 hours shorter, it would be one of my favorite games ever. As it stands, I just merely love it

Fun Fact: it was my most gifted game this sale, had to spread dat hair tech

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So is Banished like those old Ceaser games? The clip I saw of the gameplay reminded me of my days playing Ceaser 3/Zeus/etc.

bakeray

I'll trade a 1 for a 3.

Have:
Summer Adventure Card 2 x2
Summer Adventure Card 3 x3
Summer Adventure Card 4
Summer Adventure Card 6 x3
Summer Adventure Card 7
Summer Adventure Card 8 x2
Summer Adventure Card 10 x2

Want:
Summer Adventure Card 1
Summer Adventure Card 5
Summer Adventure Card 9
Need 10, Have 9 - add me on steam bak3ray

liezryou

Well, that's depressing. I gave away a copy of Long Live the Queen but the person who claimed it didn't activate it. They took it-- it's not in my inventory-- but it isn't in their game list. I got curious and startled googling, and it turns out that they have a pattern of taking games without activating.

This is how this bullshit makes me feel:

YBIkx1B.jpg

I'm not going to name names. I'm sure detective-gaf could find lots of people who do this. The community here is pretty good, but it's hard to see that past the scum sometimes.

Let's not jump to conclusions, perhaps there is a reasonable explanation for all this. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118472342&postcount=7152 . He has given away games in the past.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there a way to tell if you're on the blacklist? I've entered quite a few times this sale but I've only one once.

Think rationally; is there a particular reason why a series of random GAF members, most of whom you've never talked to before, would suddenly decide to permanently block a person who has never won something before for being able to win their giveaways?

The blacklist is composed of serial giveaway abusers. The process is sound. People aren't running around willy-nilly permablocking people whose usernames or avatars they don't like.

Volimar

Just want you to know we all appreciate your hard work Stump!

As someone on a fixed income, I've been the recipient of a lot of steamGAF's generosity. I want you to know I really appreciate you guys giving me the chance to win games i'd otherwise have no way of affording.

And now, for no reason, SuperSaoirse:

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
that avatar creeps me out, more than actual nito

I dont know why :(

Im still thinking what to use tbh. Also the fact photoshop runs like crap on my current rig while I wait for my baby to get fixed doesnt pumps me out to do a different avi.

LGom09

A lot of people say they have a problem with spending too much during Steam sales. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here having not bought anything and contemplating whether or not I should spend $0.66 (after Steam credit) on a game that I think looks pretty interesting (Cloudbuilt). That's a problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im still thinking what to use tbh. Also the fact photoshop runs like crap on my current rig while I wait for my baby to get fixed doesnt pumps me out to do a different avi.

I miss nito :( it was iconic

Terra_Ex

Never let it be said that I don't listen to the requests of SteamGAF...
Well, despite Modbot saying that someone else won Banished when he edited out your message, I got the PM from Modbot saying I'd won, so many thanks, frost.

Perhaps modbot has a bug in his coding?
Or maybe I've hacked it to send all the winning codes to me.

@ Stumpokapow

Just my 2 cents. I know I've forgotten to put a timer on the raffle a couple times when I've intended to (because I feel its a little more fun to build some tension and expectation there).

I rather like the idea of setting the default to a lightning raffle.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If my paycheck arrives before the sale goes off, I'll do some giveaways for you guys. I've been collecting games for the RPG Maker game contest I'm hosting, not enough love to SteamGAF.

Rhaknar

Stump, any ETA on 1 hour raffles? I need those in my life bad

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wish the blacklist was taken more seriously and used more frequently. There are lots of abusers that are winning giveaways with public blacklists just because they keep a low profile and are sneaky. I have spotted some of them but I'm pretty sure I have missed a lot of them too

Really we are still talking about rigging? Come on!

Its the LAST day, all colors are gonna be in a close race as people exhaust ALL their cards. Ijust sold all the duplicates I had on the marketplace.

I'm not so convinced that the entire Steam community has been divided so perfectly into five teams so that on the last day, for the past couple hours now, everyone is crafting so consistently that the difference between the highest and lowest team is never more than five thousand points, whereas in all the other days the difference quickly became in the ten thousands and one team ended up with hundreds of thousands of points in the lead.

Grief.exe

Guys, don't let me forget to pick up CSD on the last day of sales if it doesn't go on daily.

Though I do kind of want the Humble version to grab an Android copy.

Well, despite Modbot saying that someone else won Banished when he edited out your message, I got the PM from Modbot saying I'd won, so many thanks, frost.

Perhaps modbot has a bug in his coding?
Or maybe I've hacked it to send all the winning codes to me.

So modbot's not just drunk this time, huh...

Oh well, congratulations, Terra_Ex!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
that avatar creeps me out, more than actual nito

I dont know why :(

its the second most creepy avatar on Gaf, Zeliard's is still the king tho. fuck that thing he uses

Baldwin IV of Jerusalem. The depiction in Kingdom of Heaven to be precise.

Afaik only those you've sent per email and that the receiver hasn't done anything with.

The ones handled by Modbot originate as emailed gifts. Or when you anonymize the link does it also remove the ability to cancel?

derExperte

If you're interested you might want to check out the Art of Alice: Madness Returns book that Dark Horse Comics put out around the same time as the game.

I usually don't buy art books but I have this one and it's fantastic. Must buy.

The ones handled by Modbot originate as emailed gifts. Or when you anonymize the link does it also remove the ability to cancel?

But if someone wins it s/he can put the game in her/his inventory and then do whatever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So the daily deal that's missing from "Yesterday's Deals" and was replaced by Banished is Age of Mythology, which is still on sale.

Rhaknar

I wish the blacklist was taken more seriously and used more frequently. There are lots of abusers that are winning giveaways with public blacklists just because they keep a low profile and are sneaky. I have spotted some of them but I'm pretty sure I have missed a lot of them too

jokes aside, Ive never used the blacklist, but the amount of giveaways I do I really should. I didnt know the problem was real, I always thought it was a myth

guess it isnt :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom