• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Bought around 35 games (although there are some gifts here and there). Payed ~100€. First Steam Sale for me. It was fun, although quite a bit exhausting to be honest.

So that Ikaruga game seems to be quite popular around here.
Meh, I'll wait for the next sale.

Eusis

I wanted to play Dark Souls. I launched Dark Souls. I was gonna sign into GFWL. GFWL says my passord or email is incorrect. It works on the website and in other GFWL games. I have reinstalled Dark Souls and GFWL.

GO AND DIE GFWL!!!!

watermelon.gif
That was probably excessive. I only ever needed to uncheck the boxes about remembering my password and auto logging in, put it in again, and it works.

It really is a retarded program.

MadGear

Best thing about steam hoarding it only takes up HDD space and not physical space. :)

That raises another question, how big is the collection in TB (in the unlikely scenario that every game was installed at the same time)?

But yeah, thats definitely the most efficient way. I still have plenty of these really old cardboard boxes somewhere, don't know why i never got rid of them (maybe I tend to hoard stuff as well :D).

eggwolio

You're all welcome. And eggwolio, there are three things to remember when trying Mashed:
  1. You can switch the "insults" off in the options menu
  2. The fun rises exponentially with more people playing
  3. Polar Wharf all day erry day.

I'm excited. I love racing games and had never heard of it before.

When i asked about Super House of the Dead Ninjas and people couldn't quite explain to me how the average total for gameplay hours ranges anywhere between 1-55 hours what y'all should said is that it's basically Ninja Rouge Legacy only even more old school than RL.

I would've totally got it if you said that. Also, I really wish this was coming to the Vita because it's like a perfect portable game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That raises another question, how big is the collection in TB (in the unlikely scenario that every game was installed at the same time)?

But yeah, thats definitely the most efficient way. I still have plenty of these really old cardboard boxes somewhere, don't know why i never got rid of them (maybe I tend to hoard stuff as well :D).

That's a good question. ;) I did find one Steam profile analysis tool that offered install size data, but a ton of games had no data at all and I don't think it took into account DLC.

Grief.exe

Just picked up Cook, Serve, Delicious. Any other games I need to buy before the sale ends?

Arma III and Divinity OS are high on my list, but they are a bit expensive and I have enough games to play.

I didn't notice but I apparently own Sleeping Dogs.

I should probably play that soon lol

Yes! You really should.

JaseC

Thanks, can you give 10 cards? Thanks again
:p

My trader guy did actually give me the cards he earned from the purchases...

...but I've sold them already and used the money to buy Richard & Alice for Kifimbo (the key he won earlier was the one I'd used -- I mistakenly believed I had a spare).

cicero

Best thing about steam hoarding it only takes up HDD space and not physical space. :)

The best analogy would then have to be if his library list/tag preferences were deleted somehow and all 3000 games went into the one base Games category. That would be like having a huge pile of hoarded newspapers fall, trapping someone beneath as they futilely squealed for help. And months later all the would be rescuers find are the collector's lovely bones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's a good question. ;) I did find one Steam profile analysis tool that offered install size data, but a ton of games had no data at all and I don't think it took into account DLC.

Valve used to list the install size for each game in your "all games" page. Enhanced Steam would add it up and show you the value in MB / GB / TB.

A couple of months back they changed it so that it now only shows the install size of the games you actually have installed. Such a shame.

JaseC

Valve used to list the install size for each game in your "all games" page. Enhanced Steam would add it up and show you the value in MB / GB / TB.

A couple of months back they changed it so that it now only shows the install size of the games you actually have installed. Such a shame.

Yeah, someone asked me the same question earlier in the year and I noticed the install size data was no longer present for everything.

Oublieux

Instead of buying games for myself, I can't help but share to NeoGAF. Here's another raffle giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Divinity II: Developer's Cut -- MB-D6136F3B746B2AE8 - Taken by Cru. 20 entrants total.

t1404143783z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Made a few last minute sale purchases... then this happened

yjZw95m.png

And now I can't buy anything else. Damn.

Should I buy Dark Souls II GAF?

I loved the first one! But I have quite the backlog already and I wanted to complete some of these games before buying more...

Will i be able to get DSII cheaper in the future? I am also tight on cash. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT.

Where is a DSII gift from the gods when I need one?

Sky Chief

I loved the first one! But I have quite the backlog already and I wanted to complete some of these games before buying more...

Will i be able to get DSII cheaper in the future? I am also tight on cash. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT.

Certainly

um. This answer is yes for every game ever. The question you need to ask is when are you going to play it. If now, then get. If later, then wait.

That being said, DS2 is fantastic. If you enjoy the series, chances are you'll enjoy this one as well. The first game I've taken a day off work to play and regret none of it.

jshackles

This happened to me during the last sale. After waiting a few hours it worked.

Welp, looks like my summer sale shopping has come to an end then.

I could never find a download of the DS3 drivers that I trusted so I gave up.

Do you have a link to the DS4 drivers? Are they trustworthy?

Thanks for replying everyone!

Can some kind soul link the drivers for DS4 I'm on mobile at work!

This is in my personal opinion the best DS3/DS4 driver: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It doesn't feature touch-pad support yet for the DS4 but it works clean and silent for wired and wireless in the background, no tray-icons no nothing, just zero-configuration plug and play awesomeness aside from the initial setup, compatible with all XInput programs :) And there are some more indepth options if you like to tinker with it!

Poetic

If you feel you'll play it right away go for it. If you're going to sit on it in your backlog no. I've put 50 hours in so far and loving it.

Hugstable

Banned

Buy it! Just give into the temptations! 33$ DS2!!!! You'll be able to get it at 40-50% sale at Winter Sale most likely, so if you can wait, then you may get it cheaper. I gave in and mow im a proud DS2 owner. Wish they would've discounted a season pass a bit though haha.

L.O.R.D

yey
someone just gifted me Saint Row 4
now i need to get the DLCs
its weird , all the DLC of SR4 is more expansive the Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack which also contain all the DLCs for all the games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom