• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So how do people like They Bleed Pixels and 30 Minute Hero? Something you would recommend?
They Bleed pixels is amazing. A hard-as-nails platformer like Super Meat Boy mixed with a beat-em up, Lovecraft and horror themes, stylized and cute yet grotesque cutscenes, catchy music, a lot of style, fun enemies, unique mechanics, and a lot of unlockables. For that price, buy it. It deserves a lot more attention than it gets, it is actually really good and well-made with a lot of content and replay value.

lol, only 25% off for Call of Duty? It's been as much as 50% before, and also why is BO2 only 17% off? Activision cheaping out this crimbo.

Also thanks for the friend requests everyone!

Aaron

I haven't bought a single thing from the main deals yet, and I'm a complete sucker for sales. All the games I want have been same price or cheaper before or elsewhere. Did buy a flash sale or two, but those have been pretty miss for the most part also.

LuuKyK

I am adding people like crazy because I'm a cool guy, you all better accept it!

If you want to find me just search for Luuukyk. You can't miss it. :p

Call of Duty 1 & 2 are on sale, yes!

They're only 25 off%, shit!

I want them on Steam, but $15 is ridiculous considering how old they are.

Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine looks cool, though. Might buy that...

COD war chest is $15. good price and it has COD,COD 2 and COD:UO. i was waiting for a decent price and here it is.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Have any of the daily deals been offered as a flash sale with a bigger discount? I want to get Endless Space, but I'm not sure if should wait for a flash sale on it.

They really are determined to milk ARMA II and the add-on needed to play Day Z for all its worth aren't they.

Without Day Z, that would/should be much less...

demidar

Okay I got 2 more Nuclear Dawn codes and a one more game to give in maybe 10 minutes, but it's more expensive so I gotta devise a fair way to give it out.

Also Cthulu is up again to be given away, first come, first serve since szaromir didn't reply.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Have any of the daily deals been offered as a flash sale with a bigger discount? I want to get Endless Space, but I'm not sure if should wait for a flash sale on it.

Its the other way around. Daily offering more of a discount than its flash sale counterpart.

GlassBox

Banned
First. My god, this sale has been so disappointing. This thread has mostly been about finding better deals than Steam (Amazon, gamefly, GoG, etc.) which I do not recall about previous years' sales. The games I most wanted, XCOM and Dark Souls, were found on other sites.

Second. Are any of the Call of Duty games worth buying for someone like me who only plays single-player?

Third. Any impressions on Orcs and Men and Endless Space?

dreamfall

Okay I got 2 more Nuclear Dawn codes and a one more game to give in maybe 10 minutes, but it's more expensive so I gotta devise a fair way to give it out.

Also Cthulu is up again to be given away, first come, first serve since szaromir didn't reply.

Can I have Cthulu? Awesome for you to give it out!

dani_dc

I'd actually get MW or BLOPS at 75% off, at 50% off Activision just won't get my money.

I'm guessing anyone that was interested in those games for this prices would had gotten then ages ago.

Hopefully Sonic discount is fixed.

Nabs

They Bleed Pixels is a good game. The platforming feels really good. The game begins to get hard towards the end and can drag a bit, but I really enjoyed the first 4 or so hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom