• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is They Bleed Pixels one of those games that only renders at 720p, like alot of those indie platformers? I'd like to try it out.

I don't want to be a party pooper and all that, but They Bleed Pixels, while awesome looking, strikes me SO MUCH as a game that will show up in a indie bundle in the not too distant future.

I decided it's a no go on the purchase, because I buy mostly all Indie Bundles and I will most certainly end up with an extra copy that's worthless like many of my extra copies from the Indie Bundles.

It'll just have to wait.

dreamfall

My god Spec Ops is the shit. An even bigger thanks to dreamfall for gifting it to me. So glad I didn't miss out on this hidden gem before our GOTY voting is done, it's definitely being edited into my list when I'm finished.

Amazingness!~ I think we all want to hear your thoughts on it after you're through- it's pretty harrowing even if it is entrenched in standard/tired TPS mechanics. I'm just happy to hear you're playing it- mad respect!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, They Bleed Pixels kind of has a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta combat system eh.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My buddy said to get Endless Space since it's "Civ 5 in space" according to him, and I like Civ 5. Truth?
I feel that it's a more modern version of Galactic Civilizations with slightly inferior gameplay. Endless Space is good but it's not Civilization or GalCiv 2 good.

You'll probably get dozens of hours of playtime though so for 10 bucks it is worth it.

VertPin

None of them. They are pretty bad. I'm very disappointed in the map quality IW/Sledgehammer put into MW3.

I only think three maps suck (Bakarra, Carbon, and Fallen). I thought Raven was in charge of the maps? I heard IW had nothing to do with multiplayer, only the campaign (and it shows). Thanks for your imputs guys, I think I will stick to MW2 multiplayer.
noobtubequickscopenuke25killstreakFTL

Fucking Activision, man. OK, I get keeping your current CoD price high. And the previous one. And I guess even the one before that. And maybe even the one before that.

But they've got a nearly 10 year old CoD selling for $9.99 ON SALE. FFS, Activision, you have made EA look like the generous nice guys.

snack

If I get a 360 controller for the pc, will I need to install any extra software for it to work with steam games? Cus for the ps3 controller, I had to download motionjoy.

Type2

If I get a 360 controller for the pc, will I need to install any extra software for it to work with steam games? Cus for the ps3 controller, I had to download motionjoy.

Nope, unless a game doesn't support it(in which case yes youll have to use some third party work around). I believe since steam launched big picture mode its made controller enabled games labeled clearly.

EDIT: I will warn you that some games have problems supporting the wireless controller although the only one I've run into so far is bit trip runner.

legacyzero

Banned
My god Spec Ops is the shit. An even bigger thanks to dreamfall for gifting it to me. So glad I didn't miss out on this hidden gem before our GOTY voting is done, it's definitely being edited into my list when I'm finished.

In all honesty this is the first time I've seen you post about something you liked :p

We've been tellin ya Spec Ops is awesome!

xJavonta

Banned
Nope. Using a 360 controller in XCOM as I type this.

Unless of course the game doesn't support controllers. More specifically xinput controllers

Edit: Beaten

Exuro

Nope, unless a game doesn't support it. I believe since steam launched big picture mode its made controller enabled games labeled clearly.
Valve still needs to fix Portal 2. Shows full controller support but I can only get it to work if I'm playing splitscreen with the second player.

xJavonta

Banned
I only think three maps suck (Bakarra, Carbon, and Fallen). I thought Raven was in charge of the maps? I heard IW had nothing to do with multiplayer, only the campaign (and it shows). Thanks for your imputs guys, I think I will stick to MW2 multiplayer.
noobtubequickscopenuke25killstreakFTL
Black Ops 2 has the best CoD multiplayer I've played since CoD4. Hands down.

Minion101

Banned

No but you will need to uninstall motionjoy fully. I had an issue with 4 flashing lights.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone know if the Spec-ops version you buy via Amazon is regionlocked on steam?

Petrie

Banned
Being stuck with the family today while all I can think of is all the new gamez at home waiting to be played is so painful.

Dr Dogg

I keep on forgetting I own Spec Ops, stupid ginormous backlog! I think I'll wait until the latest flash sales come up, get disappointed nothing I'm after is on and boot it up.

Disregard my post on top of the page, I checked my Inventory and it's filled with stuff I already have or don't play so I'm giving some stuff away for free:

Sonic Generations gone to JZero

Frozen Synapse gone to Cramoss

Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII

nail'd

Quote this post telling me which game on the list you want (one per person) and then add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/-serotonina to get it.

First-come, first-served.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You know what i'm really excited about this sale?

To see what discount gamersgate will fuck up tomorrow.

That's the real suspense.

This is somewhat a weird question, but I am looking for the latest iteration of NBA JAM (On Fire Edition, I think it's called) on the cheap.. obviously it's not on Steam, but would it be on sale else where? DD on PC.

Jzero

Disregard my post on top of the page, I checked my Inventory and it's filled with stuff I already have or don't play so I'm giving some stuff away for free:

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

Quote this post telling me which game on the list you want (one per person) and then add me to steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/-serotonina to get it.

Generations please :D

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

You already gave me an awesome game, so just wanted to say
image.php

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Was there something other than the Bethesda Pack (that I missed)?

Vikings: Battle for Asgard for 2.49
Alan Wake's American Nightmare for 1.88
Cargo Commander for 1.47

There's at least one game that fucks up and gets over discounted for 2 hours every day.

Raven77

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

Cthulhu Saves the World? Looks great!

Tizoc

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

I want Cthulhu+BoD7 please!

Cheddahz

Banned

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

Sonic Generations for a buddy?

filipe

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

nail'd please?

Cramoss

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

Frozen Synapse?

Type2

Sonic Generations

Frozen Synapse

nail'd

Sonic please =]
Beaten.

Decado

Man, They Bleed Pixels kind of has a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta combat system eh.

The problem is that I hear it doesn't control well and I can't find any info on an update, so I'm not sure if I want to bite. The release game sounds like it has potential, but isn't polished enough for me to want to play it in its current state.

I'm guessing that this isn't one of those developers who put a lot of effort into supporting their released products.

Raven77

serotonina, i may have been first on CStW, if so I sent you a friend request - kamikazee_cowboy to avoid any confusion.

If you want to give it to someone else, thats fine as well, we can still be friends!!!

Raven77

I will buy anyone a game under $2.00, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!! Sorry I would do more but i'm basically poor...

QUOTE IT QUICK TO GET IT!!! - add me - kamikazee_cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom