• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Sorry - I know this has been answered somewhere - I remember seeing it mentioned here but can't find the thread. Where do we look for people setting-up group-buys for 4-packs? I'd like to get in on Chivalry - but $10 is my limit.

Thanks!

If you can find two other people, I don't mind joining in.

Jibbed

Oh man, LEGO Lord of the Rings is excellent. They've really upped the graphics in these games, it looks incredible, and the voice acting and music and general gameplay are all stellar.

Such a steal for 7.50, jump on this people. Multiplayer is awesome as well, only wish it had online.

I've been in awe looking at the screenshots in the PC screen thread, it's crazy amounts of beautiful.

I haven't touched a Lego game in years (not since Star Wars on the 360 I think), are they still pretty much a coin-collectiong, hack 'n' slash type thing? What do you actually do in LOTR?

How does it play with mouse/keyboard combo?

Yeah this too.

Mikor

Disappointed in this years winter sale, tbh. I was anticipating something much bigger than this. Shame.

A sentiment you'll find many share. Steam set the bar way too high in prior sales, making the impact of these deals pretty poor. The lack of fun achievement metagame from sales prior also hurts - I bought a ton of indie jank collecting those tickets/coal/etc.

Sounds like the only logical thing to do next is UPGRADE!

Yeahhhh but theres a little difference between the $20 im willing to spend on steam and a new compooter. Good call with the stockpiling though, perhaps my future self will be grateful.

Edit: but then again, I could wait until a future sale and it'll be cheaper..oh what a dilemma

MRORANGE

Wubby

Wow! I was getting depressed that I couldn't buy anything this year since my American credit card expired and I haven't gotten a replacement yet.

But when I saw Endless Space was on the daily deal I had to try something... so I used my Japanese credit card but left my American billing address as is and it went through ok! This will let me keep using the American Steam store and not have to switch to Japans Steam store where games (especially from EA) are sometimes 2x as much.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Oh man, LEGO Lord of the Rings is excellent. They've really upped the graphics in these games, it looks incredible, and the voice acting and music and general gameplay are all stellar.

Such a steal for 7.50, jump on this people. Multiplayer is awesome as well, only wish it had online.

Also lol at the achievement

One does not simply...
Walk Into Mordor
I don't see it for $7.50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom