• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

Opening Steam

tumblr_lgkckh1yv31qa3m2ukd.gif

Spec Ops is a weird one, because I like the idea but find the execution very uninspiring. Some people have excused the lacklustre gameplay as being by design, but that doesn't make it any less boring. The much-vaunted "choice" is very binary, and some of the twists simply don't make sense. I found the Predator missions in CoD 4: Modern Warfare to be a more damning indictment of military bravado than the entirety of Spec Ops.

Tizoc

Is Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 worth 5 bucks if you only plan on playing it alone? What about that planeschaser mode, can you play against ai only there? I dunno what it is about Magic games, but every time they pop up on sale, I'm tempted to buy them but haven't pulled the trigger. Mainly being a game against real people, not sure how compelling it is just against ai.

If you want the base game only, then yes there is a lot of stuff for just a single player mode, plus there are 10 decks to play with. If you buy it the $10 you get additional decks as well. IMO get the $10 version, but if you're a little tight on cash, get the $5.

SilentSilas

Neo Member
I tried my best not to give in to buying Sims 3 during the flash sale. Now it's a daily deal... I WILL RESIST.

... But, just out of curiosity, if I were to get Sims 3 and could only get one expansion pack, which one should I get? Generations?

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently I have poor taste in wishlists. I always feel like there's hardly anything else on Steam I want to buy or something, but then I have 18 games on my wishlist...and I don't think any of those have been a daily or flash deal. I must choose better games!

I did get the first GalCiv game since I apparently only had the second one. I thought about Tropico 4 but then looked at the 7 DLC's and decided to just skip it. :p Maybe next time!

J-Tier

I used to spend whole days playing games like Zoo Tycoon.

Will I like Tropico 4? I've spent shittons on gifts already and afraid to spend more, it has to be worth it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Still not a single daily deal purchased, wow. But on the bright side, I'm pretty thrilled with all of my purchases/gifts over the past few weeks. Amazon and GMG have got me covered.

I would love some of those The Sims expansions but even 50-66% off, they're so expensive. The Sims Medieval might be fun, kinda on the fence with that one...

Danielsan

It seems I've joined the PC master race the year Steam sales have started to disappoint. Still hoping for an Alice Madness Returns deal.

Is it that hard to discount The Witcher 2? Oh but make way for Walking Dead like 80 times over the course of the sales. I get that its hot shit right now but come on.

man, haters everywhere. Everyone feels so entitled

There's no entitlement involved. This sale hasn't offered much of anything that feels on par not only with previous Steam sales, but especially what GMG/Amazon has been offering lately. It's understandable that people (myself included) are disappointed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it that hard to discount The Witcher 2? Oh but make way for Walking Dead like 80 times over the course of the sales. I get that its hot shit right now but come on.
Twitcher 2 was already discounted at least once.

Sianos

It seems I've joined the PC master race the year Steam sales have started to disappoint. Still hoping for an Alice Madness Returns deal.

No matter what, your first sale is the most magical.

If you're just starting up your PC game collection every day is magical. People are getting disapointed because they already own a lot of the older titles and the newer ones aren't having as strong sales as hoped. Still an amazing deal overall.

Wasnt the Game like 5$ on Amazon a few months back?

If you're just starting up your PC game collection every day is magical. People are getting disapointed because they already own a lot of the older titles and the newer ones aren't having as strong sales as hoped. Still an amazing deal overall.

Thats not it imo. I remember the last Wintersale had a lot of different Games on Sale. And if you missed one Game, you had to wait for the last day.

Now it is like all 3-4 days the sales will repeat. Some Games arent wont have a big discount. Thats what I think is kinda sad. And GMG, Amazon, etc. even offers better prices.
Anno 2077 is like 6€ at getgamesgo, while it is 22€ at Steam...

jarosh

The deals wouldn't be so bad if most of them hadn't already been flash or community deals. I don't really get this strategy of repeating deals across the three different categories. Especially with the community deals it makes little sense.

Mrbob

I did get the first GalCiv game since I apparently only had the second one. I thought about Tropico 4 but then looked at the 7 DLC's and decided to just skip it. :p Maybe next time!

There is only one DLC worth getting for Tropico 4 and that is the Modern Times expansion. Skip the rest.

ZenaxPure

I guess I am in for the walking dead. Passed up on the last 2 times it was on sell across the internet and even if it turns up cheaper some where else it's not like $12 is all that much in the first place.

man, haters everywhere. Everyone feels so entitled

To be fair it's only because everyone is beating Steam at their own game now. Most of the stuff that has shown up on Steam winter sales so far has been cheaper on other websites that just activate on Steam anyway.

In fact walking dead will be the first thing I've bought this winter on Steam itself. Everything else has been on Amazon.

1-D_FTW

I personally think this is because all the games that have the better deals, I already have from the previous sales. Theres really just not that many games that i want anymore..i have em all!

I have plenty I'd buy. But I'm not buying stuff I don't need unless there's an incentive. Mr. Valve Economist can go fuck off with these discounts of late. He's killed everything that was fun about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom