• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

As far as I'm aware, yes. There's this workaround, but apparently it's something you need to do every time you go to play the game.

Welp, instead, I just bought the 2 Deponia games and McPixel for someone as a gift.

Edit: Ooooh, I got the new badge thing
winter2012_badge80.png

Grief.exe

How do you dodge roll in Dead Rising 2?

I looked it up online and supposedly the button is control, do I have to level up to unlock it?

jediyoshi

Are you guys sure it's a price error? Maybe they just like giving out good deals. :p

At this much of a discount, I'd imagine it'd be one of their daily deals. I'm guessing it was meant to be on sale which is why it has a slot in on their front page, just not for this much

Lain

Woah, the gamersgate site is so slow I am having trouble removign stuff from the cart (it ended up putting 2 borderlands 2 + season pass in my cart). Guess it's getting hammered.

Danj

Are you guys sure it's a price error? Maybe they just like giving out good deals. :p

75% off on a fairly-new-release game? Which hasn't gone lower than 50% off anywhere else? You betcha it's a pricing error.

Not sure if should MTG... hmmmmm...

You absolutely should. If you're a super hardcore MTG player there's probably something that will irk you about it but for everyone else it's a great experience, and there's not as much nickel-and-diming like there is in real life or with the iOS version. Okay sure there is DLC, but the vast majority of it you don't actually need.

Hmm, doesn't look like a pricing error. 75% off of $59.99 and $29.99 is $14.99 and $7.50. It is a really good deal though.
Spoke too soon, it's 50% now.

Lain

Woah, I was stuck in the cart while they fixed the price, but still managed to grab game and season pass for 19€. Now to manage to get to the key lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You absolutely should. If you're a super hardcore MTG player there's probably something that will irk you about it but for everyone else it's a great experience, and there's not as much nickel-and-diming like there is in real life or with the iOS version. Okay sure there is DLC, but the vast majority of it you don't actually need.
What I mean is, I don't know MTG. I haven't played any CCGs besides like 2 games of Pokemon. However, I enjoy strategy RPGs like Kings Bounty and it seems similar enough in playing mindset. I have found that what makes me play games the most is accessibility. For some reason, I need something I can jump in and out of if I wish... then I will jump in and not jump out for hours. There are high-intensity and low-intensity games of this sort, and this is a low-intensity. However, I do have so, so many games, it feels ridiculous adding another one on top... and I'd have to head out to the bank in the morning to put money in before the sale runs out... but dat new-type-of-game appeal...

Sysgen

hmm Since when does Steam not let you activate dlc without the product. I've done this in the past. Now I'm sitting here with an unused Borderlands 2 season pass.

Danj

What I mean is, I don't know MTG. I haven't played any CCGs besides like 2 games of Pokemon. However, I enjoy strategy RPGs like Kings Bounty and it seems similar enough in playing mindset. I have found that what makes me play games the most is accessibility. For some reason, I need something I can jump in and out of if I wish... then I will jump in and not jump out for hours. There are high-intensity and low-intensity games of this sort, and this is a low-intensity. However, I do have so, so many games, it feels ridiculous adding another one on top... and I'd have to head out to the bank in the morning to put money in before the sale runs out... but dat new-type-of-game appeal...

Oh! Well if you're new to MTG, Magic 2013 is also great for you too. The tutorials are basically guided example games that you play through, which are pretty well explained (and narrated, with voice even).

Deques

hmm Since when does Steam not let you activate dlc without the product. I've done this in the past. Now I'm sitting here with an unused Borderlands 2 season pass.

I have never been able to redeem dlcs without the game. Why would you want a dlc without the base game in your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom