• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
...completely blew my load with a week left, and the game I REALLY wanted is now on sale (The Witcher 2) and I cant spare the change :-(

Anyone feel compelled to give a belated Christmas gift? Lol

Soi-Fong

The game was 50% off in a Flash Deal, and it was up for a community vote as well (don't recall if it own or lost).
At the rate Steam is repeating sales it might get a daily deal for that much though.

It was up for a community vote, but it lost.

If anyone here has an extra copy, I'd be willing to Paypal the sale price of 7.50. Really want the game!

Artofwar420

Finally got to playing FTL.

It is basically my dream captain Picard simulator come true. So good. That "one more turn" feel is at full force here.

If you got it and haven't played it, please do!

Soi-Fong

Finally got to playing FTL.

It is basically my dream captain Picard simulator come true. So good. That "one more turn" feel is at full force here.

If you got it and haven't played it, please do!

Let my GF played it and she immediately got her own copy after playing it for a few min on my Steam acct. told her to get in the official site just to support the developers more.

Baust

It tells a self contained story but many of the characters return from the first game and it continues right after the events of the first game. I don't think it's mandatory but I would at least catch up on the story one way or another. The 2 games play very very differently, so if you find that you don't like the original, definitely still give 2 a try.
Haha, alright, I'll grab both. The first one looks good too, after all, especially for the price.

mr_toa

can i use a controller to play the witcher?

witcher 2 has native support according to the internet. Witcher 1 none what so ever.

In that respect - anyone on gaf played witcher 2 on both pc and x360 using the controller and can offer some insights into the experience? Thanks!

edit; beaten on both accounts :)

Nirran

And that guy has no idea how to play the game.

That's the best part of the video. He's being entirely reckless when it comes to combat and using absolutely no signs against the guys. No wonder he thinks Assassin's Creed is better. He would probably cry if he ever played Dark Souls.

BFIB

Well, crap, just bought the items in my cart shortly before the new sales started.

Forgot to add FTL.

Now I'm FTL. I'm sure it'll be on sale again, judging by the way this sale has been going.

I need some advice:

Sins of a Solar Empire or Endless Space?

Might need someone to back me up, as I haven't played either of them (though I bought Sins yesterday). Sins is a real time strategy game while Endless Space is a turn-based strategy game (ala GalCiv or Civ V).

Volcynika

Still waiting for sales on Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Puddle (not currently discounted at all), Pid and Thomas Was Alone.

I think the Stealth Bastard Deluxe dev said something about it not going lower than the current price this sale. I'd have to check again though.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Still waiting for sales on Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Puddle (not currently discounted at all), Pid and Thomas Was Alone.

I'd like to see Primordia, Primal Carnage and Lucius, but probably only Primordia will get a 50% (it lost a community vote pretty early on)

zlatko

Banned
Wish I wasn't totally broke. Only thing I got this sale was Walking Dead which I've already completed and am on a 2nd playthrough on episode 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't realize the baseline price was higher on their site.

It isn't, they just haven't updated the page to reflect the discount drop. The game is supposed to be 25% off during the holiday season but the discount was temporarily bumped up to 50% to coincide with its deeper discount on Steam.

BFIB

Because The Witcher series is one of the absolute best RPG's I've ever played, this is for anyone who has not played The Witcher.

I will gift The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut to the first person who quotes with a witch. Any witch will do.

DirtRiver

Because The Witcher series is one of the absolute best RPG's I've ever played, this is for anyone who has not played The Witcher.

I will gift The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut to the first person who quotes with a witch. Any witch will do.

The-Halloween-Witch.jpeg0

here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom