• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
12_zpsd9745e36.jpg

I can't hold it any more I need help!

Dude...you had two full days to buy it.

Same joke gets reposted every few pages(the other post, not yours).

and I even had a countdown!

MRORANGE

I think the steam sale is going ok for me, most of the games I got from steam were mostly indie or DLC:

(Steam/GMG/Amazon/Gifts)

Games:

Spec Ops The Line
FTL: Faster Than Light
Borderlands 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Driver: San Francisco
Deponia
Natural Selection II 4-Pack Giftable Copies
Sine Mora
Thirty Flights of Loving
Home
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight
Hotline Miami
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
Spirits
Rocketbirds
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Morrowind Game of the Year
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fly'N
Broken Sword - Trilogy pack
Unmechanical
Hero Academy

DLC:

Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point
Sleeping Dogs Square Enix Character Pack
Sleeping Dogs Triad Enforcer Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Drunken Fist Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Gangland Style Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Sleeping Dogs Deep Undercover Pack
Sleeping Dogs GSP Pack
Sleeping Dogs Martial Arts Pack
Sleeping Dogs Police Protection Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Tactical Soldier Pack
Sleeping Dogs The High Roller Pack
Sleeping Dogs The Red Envelope Pack
Sleeping Dogs Top Dog Gold Pack
Sleeping Dogs - Street Racer Pack DLC
Sleeping Dogs: Retro Triad DLC
Sleeping Dogs: Top Dog DLC
Sleeping Dogs Screen Legends Pack
Sleeping Dogs SWAT Pack

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I finally hit sector 8 in FTL but the fire...it spread so quickly! There was nothing I could do.. :(
potential GOTY

Yep.

My processor is a 3.0 GHz Athlon X2 250 that should be upgraded at some point, but I have a GTX 460, which supposedly shoulders more of the burden since it's a DX11 card. I generally avoid games if I can't play them on at least medium settings because I'm shallow.

It SHOULD run fine, but I cant guarantee it :/

Baust

You can play The Witcher 2 without playing the original, right? I'm interested in checking it out. Or should I just get both? Hm...

Koroviev

How's Chivalry? It looks pretty cool, but anyone here actually played it before?

Haven't played it, but I think it'd be worth a try. I offered to host a 4-pack a few pages ago, but no takers. I'm hoping the combat has a visceral feel similar to Demon's Souls. Nothing has topped the melee combat in Demon's Souls for me yet.

mneuro

How's Chivalry? It looks pretty cool, but anyone here actually played it before?

It is incredibly good. First Person Sword and shield combat seems like it's not going to work, but it does. It actually rewards learning to play over button mashing. It also isn't too hard to get the hang of.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I need some advice:

Sins of a Solar Empire or Endless Space?

Prefer Turn based? ES
Prefer RTS? Sins

Prefer Accessibility? ES
Prefer endless depth in space (ha)? Sins

Shepard

I need some advice:

Sins of a Solar Empire or Endless Space?

Tough choice... I guess it depends on what you prefer: Sins is focused on the combat, the colony management is pretty thin, while ES is more like Civilization in space (combat still has its place, but you'll also have to do a lot more micro-management of your planets).
Imo, ES>Sins

Toma

Has Endless Space been featured yet? I recall it being a flash deal or something.

Yeah, gets a big, fat thumbs up from me as well. Maybe it comes around as a deal rerun, who knows.

You can play The Witcher 2 without playing the original, right? I'm interested in checking it out. Or should I just get both? Hm...

It tells a self contained story but many of the characters return from the first game and it continues right after the events of the first game. I don't think it's mandatory but I would at least catch up on the story one way or another. The 2 games play very very differently, so if you find that you don't like the original, definitely still give 2 a try.

You could, but I would honestly recommend playing the first title.

It has some problems with slowdown in places, due to not having the best of optimization, but what the game has to offer is really solid. The writing alone is worth the time investment, as far as I'm concerned. I was a little reluctant at first, but I let the game show me what it was trying to do and fell in love with it. I think I probably clocked in around 80 hours on my first playthrough because I combed every single inch of that game world. So great.

Martian

I have played it, and for me it's GOTY.

Granted, I didn't play much games.

It has its flaws (Framerate drops a lot), but if you can see past it, it's one of the most fun games ever.

You do have to be able to lose, because prepare to lose a lot. Being archer is difficult as hell, and it's gonna be a bitch to unlock all weapons.

For 12 euros, you can't go wrong.

Remember that you have the most fun if you don't play this game to win, because you will want to smash your keyboard against the wall.

I have also heard people say it has bugs like swings not hitting people, but I have never experienced this.

I've put 40+ hrs into it, and damn this game has been the most fun in a long time

You could, but I would honestly recommend playing the first title.

It has some problems with slowdown in places, due to not having the best of optimization, but what the game has to offer is really solid. The writing alone is worth the time investment, as far as I'm concerned. I was a little reluctant at first, but I let the game show me what it was trying to do and fell in love with it. I think I probably clocked in around 80 hours on my first playthrough because I combed every single inch of that game world. So great.

does wither 2 support controller?

dani_dc

The world is at our command?

You know, feel free to gift it to me, I won't complain :p

Just bought Alpha Protocol on GMG, I heard about the bad gameplay but it was CHEAP.

Honestly, the effect your actions have on the story and how it all unfolds is more than worth the money. Plus I found the gameplay to be enjoyable, just try to stick with stealth.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lost Planet 2 was never, and probably will never be on sale right? (aside from the regular steamwide sale)

It hasn't been discounted beyond its general sale discount, no. Being a Capcom game, it's impossible to ascertain its chances of going on sale in the future.

cicero

I tend to upgrade doors, which is weird, so fire doesn't bug me so much at some point, but invaders. Man, invaders.

I hate em. I despise them. Whenever it happens I go into rare fits of rage.

I wish opening the air locks violently sucked them into space, like the Alien Queen Mother in the movie "Aliens". It would be fun to visit random worlds and have the possibility of Alien infection too.
I have already had to fight my own infected crewmate during one run.
If they can do that, then I want a fast spidery Alien beastie coming out of the chest of a crewmate and wreaking Space havoc. Better yet, a chest-born slug Alien that I have to kill with Space salt.

Koroviev

Yea, it was a daily for $10.

Yeah, gets a big, fat thumbs up from me as well. Maybe it comes around as a deal rerun, who knows.

Oh, then I probably ignored it because the recommended requirements include an "i5/i7," so I assumed it would run like a dog.

It would be cool if it came up again as a flash deal. I'm a sci-fi kinda nerd.

Try the Buy/Sell thread on GAF. I got Skyrim for $15.

Yep, that's where I picked up a copy for my sister.

IceIpor

Haven't played it, but I think it'd be worth a try. I offered to host a 4-pack a few pages ago, but no takers. I'm hoping the combat has a visceral feel similar to Demon's Souls. Nothing has topped the melee combat in Demon's Souls for me yet.

If you're offering to host another 4-pack, I'll be in this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom