• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just grabbed Orcs Must Die franchise. Was on the fence and when I found out some of Ensemble Studio's were behind it, that won me over. Don't get bought out by MS again, they suck at managing game studios.

Great choice! I've absolutely had a blast playing the OMD2 co-op with my housemate.
Guys, if you wanna play some OMD2 co-op someday, add me on Steam. I grabbed it today too. My ID is the same as my GAF username.

def sim

I went and downloaded tunnel bear just to see that ME3 deal on GMG and it's not even good enough.
emosternwx8-1.png

Got The Witcher Director's cut for $2.50. Is it a good game?

I'm slowly going through it and, though it's very janky, I'm enjoying it well enough. At $2.50, I can't really complain too much.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, instead of trying to sell my $50 steam card, I decided to just redeem it on my account so I could get a few cheap games I wanted, however I still need to come up with some extra $$

Anyone thinking about buying some games on steam and wanna save even more below the sale price, please let me know. I will gift anyone who asks a game of their choosing on steam with additional 10% discount off whatever price it's currently at in exchange for a paypal gift.

So for instance, if you want a $20 game, I'll buy it for you for $18. I know it's not much of a discount, but it's something that can help both of us. For games under $10, I will do a universal discount of $1 off. Anything above $10 will be a 10% discount.

I only have about $41 remaining, so I'll do it til I run out of steam money.
This is awesome. There's nothing I want right now, nor do I know how to use PayPal, but you're a great man :)

JLG-

So i have $2.07 left in my steam wallet... What should i get? Leaning towards Critter Crunch.

Any other recommendations are welcome!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still my most played game at 112 hours :eek:.

The Witcher is one of those rare games I can pretty much play once a year.

It took me ~75 hours to finish my first playthrough. So good. A common complaint is that the game has its fair share of fat, but I enjoyed every minute.

HoosTrax

lol, that reminds me, is Dirt Showdown key have been given away for free somewhere too? Cause yesterday I traded a low price game for it.
Yes, it was a PAX-related promo on the Alienware site if I recall correctly. I might be one of the few people who actually played it after getting the key. Conclusion: Flatout clone that didn't need to be made.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It took me ~75 hours to finish my first playthrough. So good. A common complaint is that the game has its fair share of fat, but I enjoyed every minute.

I did as well. Some of the fat can be skipped, but you gotta accept that The Witcher is a slow burn going in. I like that it's not always about super high stakes and all that, you get to spend a lot of time just living in the world and soaking in the atmosphere.

Wow if Witcher 1 takes that lang, how many hours needed for W2 ?!

It's not nearly as long. Depending on how much time you spend with side quests, it's a 20-30 hour game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Thanks to Koro-chanz for the Civ V expansion~. Very kind. I have kinda missed bullying people as Russia. This is a great excuse to get back to that.

(Still dying over here, though.)

TW1's "fat" is great, and I'm usually super picky about pacing. The very beginning gets off on the wrong foot, I think, but it's all good once things settle in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not nearly as long. Depending on how much time you spend with side quests, it's a 20-30 hour game.

Yeah, the sequel lasted me a good 20~25 hours less than the original, which was very disappointing.

TW1's "fat" is great, and I'm usually super picky about pacing. The very beginning gets off on the wrong foot, I think, but it's all good once things settle in.

It took me a few attempts to slog through the prologue, but I'm definitely glad I did.

didamangi

Frozen Synapse is -80% on steam, $4.99 for 2 copies, the Red DLC is $1.99

Also, this game is $0.74.

Yes, it was a PAX-related promo on the Alienware site if I recall correctly. I might be one of the few people who actually played it after getting the key. Conclusion: Flatout clone that didn't need to be made.

Only reason I traded for it is because my nephew love the Flatout series. But I've played a few races and it seems fun enough, minus the awful announcer.

Koroviev

Thanks to Koro-chanz for the Civ V expansion~. Very kind. I have kinda missed bullying people as Russia. This is a great excuse to get back to that.

(Still dying over here, though.)

There is no better way to ring in a new year than by playing a game from 1996. (Thank you!)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hot pursuit any good...?

I mostly liked it on PS3. The AI rubberbanding is aggravating at times, and I wish there was a simple quick race mode, but it's a very pretty game and the handling and sense of speed are great. An average Criterion racing game is still a very good racing game.

I totally passed this game by last year. I'm definitely gonna play it as soon as I clear a few games out of my rotation.

LegoArmo

BFG is much more controller friendly, but it doesn't have everything in the older packs.

Hmm, thank you. I'll get the BFG Edition for now, the old Doom stuff is available pretty much everywhere for pennies if I need it in the future, it being on Steam is nice though.

I bought Frozen Synapse despite not liking the demo because I think I would like it if I put more time into it, the discount is amazing, and it came with two copies. Trying to figure out how to send that extra copy out to someone on GAF, maybe someone on my friends list who has it on their wishlist.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ugh. I'm now faced with a strange problem... Don't know if I should buy Far Cry 3 or buy Harvest Moon: A New Beginning for the 3DS. What is wrong with me?

Harvest Moon all the way. On that note, we definitely need some Harvest Moon on Steam. I loved the GBC one so much.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
hot pursuit any good...?

The abilities are well utilized but overall the game is average due to the rubber banding and some of the missions being poorly designed/monotonous.

Also, thanks for the key JaseC*.

*Haven't played a DOTA game in a while and can't wait to be bitched at by other players.

The abilities are well utilized but overall the game is average due to the rubber banding and some of the missions being poorly designed/monotonous.

Also, thanks for the key JaseC*.

*Haven't played a DOTA game in a while and can't wait to be bitched at by other players.

why would others complain to you?

J-Tier

Real time > Turn based

No no...they both have times when they shine. Sometimes I prefer the pacing of Turn based games to let me think, other times I enjoy seeing the action unfold in real time after careful planning. They both have their place.

Onions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom