• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charging 15 bucks for early access should be a crime. Then again, so should having crappy community votes!

I have 3 DOTA invites. I think everyone and their mother has one at this point, but if anyone is interested, quote.

me. steam id: dmprince. i'll take 2. lol.

def sim

Charging 15 bucks for early access should be a crime. Then again, so should having crappy community votes!

I have 3 DOTA invites. I think everyone and their mother has one at this point, but if anyone is interested, quote.

I'll take a DOTA invite. It almost feels like a per-requisite for steam at this point.

id: default rance

mrgone

I think the bundle's mainly for the additional frockery you can deck your lords with. I don't think there's a living creature on earth who actually wants to play DOTA2 who hasn't received an invite yet. They blew that shit out like VC propaganda.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I find them as good alternatives to gran turismo, Shift 2 Unleashed it is called and it is also 75% off

I'm not really into racing games or the Need for Speed franchise, so that's why I asked.

I'm not into Gran Turismo/Forza types of racing games, so I guess it's not for me.

Hot Pursuit is bought though! I'm also actually installing it, which is the second time I'll be doing it this sale (first time was for FTL). And I bought more than a game a day. :D

derExperte

I find them as good alternatives to gran turismo, Shift 2 Unleashed it is called and it is also 75% off

GT is kinda realistic. The Shifts on the other hand are only playable after completely tweaking the controls/settings and then still feel janky. Also they are full of bugs and technical problems, especially S1. Can't recommend them, better get Codemasters GRID.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Just grabbed Orcs Must Die franchise. Was on the fence and when I found out some of Ensemble Studio's were behind it, that won me over. Don't get bought out by MS again, they suck at managing game studios.

Just grabbed Orcs Must Die franchise. Was on the fence and when I found out some of Ensemble Studio's were behind it, that won me over. Don't get bought out by MS again, they suck at managing game studios.

Great choice! I've absolutely had a blast playing the OMD2 co-op with my housemate.

HoosTrax

How does Hot Pursuit compare to Most Wanted? I know Most Wanted is Origin only, but I'm still curious.
I have no idea what the new Most Wanted is (and I hate EA's naming scheme by the way), but the old Most Wanted had a storyline and it was you being a fugitive mostly. In Hot Pursuit, the roles are reversed and you play the cop doing the chasing (your goal is to pursue the racers and knock them out through force), and your car has some interesting gadgets that are pretty hilarious to use.

Spike strips of course, but also the ability to call down those annoying helicopters that would hassle you at the higher heat levels in Most Wanted, as well as those SUV roadblocks are at your disposal. Oh, and an EMP "missile" that's kind of like the spiked shells in Mario Kart.

The game does away with the storyline and you just get a map with unlockable events. The other key difference is that HP does not have car customization.

theflawd1

Neo Member
damnit I need Evochron Mercenary to be a flash deal....

running out of time....

cmon steammm

Thank you for reminding me! Totally forgot the name of this game, demo was quite interesting when i played it months ago. Have to keep an eye out for it as well.

I have no idea what the new Most Wanted is (and I hate EA's naming scheme by the way), but the old Most Wanted had a storyline and it was you being a fugitive mostly. In Hot Pursuit, the roles are reversed and you play the cop doing the chasing (your goal is to pursue the racers and knock them out through force), and your car has some interesting gadgets that are pretty hilarious to use. The game does away with the storyline and you just get a map with unlockable events. The other key difference is that HP does not have car customization.

Thanks for the impressions. It sounds a lot of fun. I'm not a big racer fan, definitely not straight-up racing games, but I've loved Criterion's Burnout series. This sounds like my type of racer.

Yuripaw

Banned
Ok, instead of trying to sell my $50 steam card, I decided to just redeem it on my account so I could get a few cheap games I wanted, however I still need to come up with some extra $$

Anyone thinking about buying some games on steam and wanna save even more below the sale price, please let me know. I will gift anyone who asks a game of their choosing on steam with additional 10% discount off whatever price it's currently at in exchange for a paypal gift.

So for instance, if you want a $20 game, I'll buy it for you for $18. I know it's not much of a discount, but it's something that can help both of us. For games under $10, I will do a universal discount of $1 off. Anything above $10 will be a 10% discount.

I only have about $41 remaining, so I'll do it til I run out of steam money.

Soi-Fong

Has To the Moon or Thirty Flights of Loving gotten any kind of daily or flash sales at all? Thinking of jumping on it or should I wait?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Has To the Moon or Thirty Flights of Loving gotten any kind of daily or flash sales at all? Thinking of jumping on it or should I wait?

I think Thirty Flights had something, but not To The Moon. I'm hoping it gets featured but if not I'll buy it on the last day of the sale.

That sucks. My last death I was on a roll too, I had a full crew, two expansions to suck in more scrap than I had seen in any of my old runs, and I had pimped out my ship, "The Space Flea". ..... Ahh. Stories from Space.

Hahaha that sounds horrible, and it made me laugh pretty hard lol.

Maedhros

Goddamit Steam. DEAD FUCKING SPACE PACK discount! Where are you, goddamit!

Also, does anyone still have a Dota key to send to me? I'm gadly accepting one.

ta9qi

i'll suicide if "TOM" comes to sale,bought 4 copies & all were gifts during the winter 50% sale :(
but the developer totally deserved it!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I wish I had waited until Amazon had The Secret World for $17. I could have then used my coupon to get it for $12. That way I'd feel less bad about spending money on it. What a let down. Great writing and atmosphere spoiled by awful game design. Had multiple moments asking "What were they thinking?!"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd love a DOTA key, if anyone has one. Never tried out the genre myself and would love to see what all the fuss is about.

I have two sitting in my inventory. Quote if you'd like one. (This goes for others, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom