• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out with getting Devil May Cry 4 from GMG for £1.20?
No paypal or creditcard here, can buy you and trade game for the same price (£1.20=1.47€ but lets make it 2.49) like Mirrors Edge, Sim City 4 etc.

wazoo

I would wait for Ace Combat coming in January for PC instead of buying those Hawx games. Of course, not the same price.

Can someone help me out with getting Devil May Cry 4 from GMG for £1.20?
No paypal or creditcard here, can buy you game for the same price (£1.20=1.47€ but lets make it 2.49) like Mirrors Edge, Sim City 4 etc.

Sorry, but you can't buy extra copies from GMG.

So I started to play Deus Ex for the first time and I like it. I did some research on some mods and the New Vision mod looks like a great addition.

Will this mod make my first play through too different? Or, since it's just a graphics upgrade, will it allow me to enjoy it even more?

So, I can buy darksiders 2 for $17 or a bundle with darksiders 1, darksiders 2 and darksiders DLC for $13. You make these decisions hard, Steam.

Sysgen

I recommend picking up OMD1 just for the bonus maps in OMD2 if nothing else. OMD2 is great but even better with a co-op partner. The DLC is decent if you get it on sale, just adds a few more levels/items/monsters.

I ask this periodically, always hoping someone will know a hidden gem: I'm looking for games in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, that new Ragnorak PSP game, but on the PC. NOT like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, etc. I would rather avoid the city/world building and just focus on the characters and battles. Fallen Enchantress looks like maybe kinda close, anyone have any other suggestions?

The predecessors to Kings Bounty are called:

Ascension to the Throne and
Ascension to the Throne Valkyrie

Crude graphically given their age but they're all character and class based recruiting and turned based tactical battles. Very much enjoyed the first, will buy the 2nd from Amazon for $5. You might need a work around to get them running, see the comments on the Amazon page.

HoosTrax

I hate it when I have games on my backlog that I'm missing the prequel for. Like I have Puzzle Agent 2 in my library for some reason, but now I feel compelled to buy the first game (I assume it was in some bundle that I missed?).

Decado

Does anyone know if there is a downloadable version of Jagged Alliance 2 that is compatible with all the mods? I seem to have lost my retail copy.

zkylon

zkylewd
I recommend picking up OMD1 just for the bonus maps in OMD2 if nothing else. OMD2 is great but even better with a co-op partner. The DLC is decent if you get it on sale, just adds a few more levels/items/monsters.

I ask this periodically, always hoping someone will know a hidden gem: I'm looking for games in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, that new Ragnorak PSP game, but on the PC. NOT like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, etc. I would rather avoid the city/world building and just focus on the characters and battles. Fallen Enchantress looks like maybe kinda close, anyone have any other suggestions?
There's no city/world building in King's Bounty. You take on quests, explore and recruit soldiers and unlock barracks and the likes, but that's about it as far as "RTS" elements go.

It's nothing like HM&M in that respect.

Salsa

I hate it when I have games on my backlog that I'm missing the prequel for. Like I have Puzzle Agent 2 in my library for some reason, but now I feel compelled to buy the first game (I assume it was in some bundle that I missed?).

Buy it, its better than two

Wolfie5

Wait, Tom Clancy franchise is for sale. Almost neglected it for ghost recon games, because of the picture.

Splinter Cell Conviction for only 2,50. Thank you :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah, now I got the King's Bounty thirst.

Anyone that's played the expansions, should I go for Armored Princess or Crossworlds?

I actually never beaten The Legend because I was dumb and set it to hard and played 90 hours and got stuck, but you know.

Sober

Which prince of persia game(s) is worth getting?

All of them are good. WW is the low point, but only because of the Godsmack-y music and GRRR EMO Prince, but the gameplay is great throughout all of the Sands of Time games. 2008 just looks fucking beautiful even if you don't agree with the rest of the game, it's worth at least one playthrough.

Deadstar

I was able to resist Day 1 but looks like Steam has dealt it's first blow today.

Orcs Must Die 2 for $3.74.

Not buying the DLC for $3 more since I might not like the base game that much. From everything I've seen, though, it looks fun as hell.

Thank you FTL for bringing me back into PC gaming. Ready for some daily deals on Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Dark Souls.

Buy all the dlc. Great game and a ton of fun in coop.

Artofwar420

Anyone that's played the expansions, should I go for Armored Princess or Crossworlds?

I actually never beaten The Legend because I was dumb and set it to hard and played 90 hours and got stuck, but you know.

wait, the king's bounty stuff is on sale?

I am in the same boat, The Legend was a lot of fun but i feel like I should just buy one or all the others now. I presume they will be a daily though, so I guess I have to wait.

wait, the king's bounty stuff is on sale?

Just standard on sale, not sale sale yet.

krzy123

Crossworlds builds on Armored Princess (its main campaign is Armored Princess + new quests + new units ... orcs)

I skipped Armored Princess and jumped straight into Crossworlds

I own all of them except the new game, don't remember if you need AP in order to play CW (if asking about purchasing)

Oh no, please don't tell me it's missing "Four little diamonds" or "Owner of a lonely heart" or "I wanna rock" or "I ran (So far away)" or "Video killed the radio star" or "Africa". If so, I'll be a sad panda.

It's as good a deal as you think it is. If you were comfortable with that price (and if it was a Daily Deal/Flash Sale/Community Choice) then that's fine.

The game has been 4 bucks and change on GMG recently, anyway.

I wish they added Scarface to Steam. It was an improved GTA Vice City with loads of licensed music.

NIGHT-

Can you activate a game through the steam website? I know you can remotely download/install games but I was wondering if you could remotely activate them too?

zkylon

zkylewd
Crossworlds builds on Armored Princess (its main campaign is Armored Princess + new quests + new units ... orcs)

I skipped Armored Princess and jumped straight into Crossworlds
ty very much, installing...

By the way, future King's Bounty players, make sure to look up mods, some of them are pretty alright.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY IT THEN ZKYLON
WELL I ALREADY BOUGHT THEM ON A PREVIOUS SALE ARTOFWAR420

Toki767

Giveaway time! $5 game of your choice. Just PM me to enter so the thread doesn't get flooded like last time. I'll pick a winner when I get home in an hour.

Reikon

Rebought Rainbow Six Raven Shield since my D2D version stopped working after Gamefly bought them out. I have no clue if Gamefly ever made it work again, but I'd rather not deal with them again after the incompetence of the transition.

I've checked and I have a key for King's Bounty: The Legend for those who are interested in it.
All you have to do is post a picture of what you consider to be your own personal 'King's Bounty'. I'll let me cat decide (I don't have a cat).

Dingotech

Ahhhhh why can't they put a NEW double fine game on sale for once!!!!111!!

Psychonauts has been on sale like a BILLION times, I want Iron Brigade to come on a 66-75% off sale, it needs to be bought this sale!

EVERYONE should buy the Orcs Must Die pack, those games are a load of fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am raging so fucking hard on this motionjoy bullshit. I want to break something, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom