• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Row

Banned
FEAR and SimCity4 bough. I've got nothing on my wishlist taken care if yet, but 75% off titles I've wanted to play for awhile ain't bad either

Raxus

Probably nothing.

The negativity probably stems from people looking down on CoD on PC because it is a casual shooter, compared to the more skill based shooters.

Most stuff I seen and heard from BLOPS is good. I am just burnt out on CoD shooters.

Besides some minor balancing issues (mainly the spawns) and the lack of dedicated servers I think everything in BLOPS2 looked fantastic.

For anyone else wondering about the Tom Clancy games...

OMHHi.png

Ended up biting on Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory, and the HAWX games.

I remember buying Pandro Tomorrow when it came out. Game always crashed when I started the first mission. Had to return the game because my graphic card was ass with 64 ram and directx 7 and grabbed True Crime for that money.

Does anybody think Torchlight 2 will get a better sale later on? I was expecting better than $10 since that was the Thanksgiving sale price.

are there any problems with original 3 Hitman games on pc? I remember trying to play the demo and it wouldn't lunch...or shuld i wait for the ps3 HD collection?

TTG

Just wanted to say thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I just got the 2 STALKER sequels for like 5$ total and I already picked up the original for 1$ a long while back.

Don't play pc games at all, but that triggered me to download steam. Now I'll be looking for sales on Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja, so thanks!

nexen

I most definitely played Vegas 1 in wide screen. Great game.

Yeah but how did it not ship with widescreen support. It supported widescreen on the console...it was a Microsoft technical requirement for certification.

I remember buying Pandro Tomorrow when it came out. Game always crashed when I started the first mission. Had to return the game because my graphic card was ass with 64 ram and directx 7 and grabbed True Crime for that money.

That is like trading in a Ferrari and buying a Civic hatchback. I'm so sorry, man.

Grief.exe

are there any problems with original 3 Hitman games on pc? I remember trying to play the demo and it wouldn't launch...or should i wait for the ps3 HD collection?

Ignore the PS3 HD collection, why pay for something that you can get cheaper and run in higher resolutions.

I would suggest just getting Blood Money. If you really want to play the whole series go ahead. If they won't launch, there are fixes online to get them to.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I just got the 2 STALKER sequels for like 5$ total and I already picked up the original for 1$ a long while back.

Don't play pc games at all, but that triggered me to download steam. Now I'll be looking for sales on Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja, so thanks!

Welcome to the master race my friend

Dipswitch

Are the HAWX games any fun? Is it more arcade or sim?

They're arcade all the way. I'm a fan of fighter jets, etc, but I couldn't wait for the first game to be over. Dreadful plot/writing, monotonous gameplay and terrible voice acting.

On the plus side, it looked decent, ran like the clappers on my rig and was very stable. So you have to give them props for that.

So guys, Orcs must die 1 and 2.
Yay or nay?

Ive been interested since some time becuase it looked really cool and fun, but im not that much innto tower defense games.
Is theere a single player?
ALso if they are that good, do you reccommend me 1 or 2, 1 and 2 or the whole pack with DLC? Are there much difference between both or are they both really good so its good to get both?

Ignore the PS3 HD collection, why pay for something that you can get cheaper and run in higher resolutions.

I would suggest just getting Blood Money. If you really want to play the whole series go ahead. If they won't launch, there are fixes online to get them to.

Welcome to the master race my friend

thank you sir BOUGHT!

Yay or nay?

Ive been interested since some time becuase it looked really cool and fun, but im not that much innto tower defense games.
ALso if they are that good, do you reccommend me 1 or 2, 1 and 2 or the whole pack with DLC?

Just go with 2. Haven't tried any of the DLC.

No. Don't be stingy. The game is fantastic and it won't be $5 for another year. Ha-rumph.

Everyone in this thread is stingy! It's a sale. :)

But yeah I'll probably pick it up. I just hate buying something and then finding out it's cheaper two days later.

nexen

Are there any good old fashioned turn based rpgs on steam?

WRPG or JRPG?

Spiderweb software has a bunch of them, if you can get over the homebrew look.
Eschalon I isn't turn-based but it is a fantastic old school RPG.

Sure there are others....brain not working.

Grief.exe

Yay or nay?

ALso if they are that good, do you reccommend me 1 or 2, 1 and 2 or the whole pack with DLC? Are there much difference between both or are they both really good so its good to get both?

Orcs Must Die 1 was one of my favorite games from last year.

I would recommend it easily.

Bought the Divinity Bundle. I've already played through Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance but I wouldn't mind replaying them and I've never played Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity.

the master race

It's kind of creepy that this is what PC gamers have, by and large, seemingly embraced as their title.

Yay or nay?

OMD 2 is some really fun co-op. Played it through to completion with a friend and had a great time.

Owning OMD 1 gives you extra flashback maps in OMD 2 if that floats your boat.

Sulik2

WRPG or JRPG?

Spiderweb software has a bunch of them, if you can get over the homebrew look.
Eschalon I isn't turn-based but it is a fantastic old school RPG.

Sure there are others....brain not working.
Cthulu Saves the World and the Penny Arcade Games come to mind.

nexen

It's kind of creepy that that's what PC gamers have, by and large, seemingly embraced as their title.

I make my friends stitch xbox logos onto their jackets so they can be identified when the time has come.

True Crime Streets of LA was very good. Dumb but fun and long story and a great soundtrack :)

Yeah but you could've had a Ferrari. I loved Pandora Tomorrow soo much.

therapist

Future soldier for 15 is tempting.

Any impressions on the pc version?

I seem to remember trying a demo and it has no invert mouse or something stupid and i couldnt play.

KarmaCow

Yay or nay?

ALso if they are that good, do you reccommend me 1 or 2, 1 and 2 or the whole pack with DLC?

OMD is more action focused than standard TD games. You can't just rely on your traps, especially early on in the levels.

OMD1 is only single player in that the game is a bunch of maps with a few cutscenes in between in the form of panning across pictures. It's pretty much the same for OMD2, but you can have co-op and an endless wave variant on each map.

As for DLC, I can't speak for OMD2's DLC yet but for the couple of quarters it costs, the OMD1 DLC is worth it. The new weapons/traps are really useful and the maps are decent.

You might burn yourself out if you play both games because 2 isn't that much different. If you only want to one game, go for OMD2. It's less structured in terms of doling out weapons since you can pick what you want and 'farm' for skulls which act as the currency, but overall I thought it was better than the first.

Amzin

I recommend picking up OMD1 just for the bonus maps in OMD2 if nothing else. OMD2 is great but even better with a co-op partner. The DLC is decent if you get it on sale, just adds a few more levels/items/monsters.

I ask this periodically, always hoping someone will know a hidden gem: I'm looking for games in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, that new Ragnorak PSP game, but on the PC. NOT like Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, etc. I would rather avoid the city/world building and just focus on the characters and battles. Fallen Enchantress looks like maybe kinda close, anyone have any other suggestions?

nexen

Cthulu Saves the World and the Penny Arcade Games come to mind.

Yes, right!

JRPGs:
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death 6
Penny Arcade Adventures x3

Roguelikes:
Hack, Slash, Loot
Dungeons of Dredmore

WRPGs:
Avernum series
Geneforge series
Eschalon series (not turn based)

UrbanRats

Does Chaos Theory supports the 360 pad? Also, the Darksiders franchise deal is tempting.
I've player the first one on ps3 and didn't exactly love it, but the 2nd one seems better and for that price i might bite.

Doomrider

Does Chaos Theory supports the 360 pad? Also, the Darksiders franchise deal is tempting.
I've player the first one on ps3 and didn't exactly love it, but the 2nd one seems better and for that price i might bite.

I'm sorry for the non-answer, but even if it doesn't, the keyboard+mouse controls are flawless, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Can't decide if I want to buy the Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle for 11.99, or the Darksiders Franchise Pack for 13.19 (both from Amazon). T_T

Quikies83

Can anyone recommend me any creepy, puzzle, point and click games in the same vein as Scratched? I really enjoyed this game and horror is my bag.

nexen

How are those JRPGs?

To me JRPG is a style of RPG, not an origin. Some WRPGs come from Japan, some JRPGs have come from the west.

PAA, CSW and BOD are all very much like Dragon Quest/Early Final Fantasy games.

I thought that was the typical viewpoint. *shrug*

edit: beaten

LuuKyK

I still can't believe I lost the Monkey Island flash deal. -___-

I even voted for it yesterday and had to leave. When I woke up there were 3 minutes left. Tried to buy it via mobile app but it fucking crushed/bugged or whatever and I lost it.

I'm so angry at myself for oversleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom