• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Latest DFA video inspired me to buy an extra Psychonauts copy, if anyone wants it.

Made a quick giveaway here for the gifts group:

LuuKyK

To buy or not to buy Ys Origins?

I bought Ys Seven for PSP and actually finished it and loved it, then I bought Oath in Felghana and the third (?) boss kept kicking my ass. It was really hard and annoying, to the point that I never came back to play it.

:|

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The deals are nearly the same. I think you save a tiny bit on Amazon and you should get a $5 coupon for January.

Darksiders II is $16.99 by itself on both Steam and Amazon. However, Amazon is offering the Darksiders franchise pack for $13.19 which includes Darksiders, Darksiders II, and all of the Darksiders II DLC.

Then again, Steam has the insane THQ bundle which includes their entire library for $24.99. I already own most of that, though.

Addnan

Bought Scribblenauts yesterday, woke up and saw about the Amazon deal. Emailed Valve and got a refund pretty easily! Now to buy more stuff.

Bought Ys Origin, looks good.

740320_4054059_lz.jpg

Made me laugh, so check your PMs!

Expected this from you, but not disappointed. Would you like Dungeon Defenders?

To buy or not to buy Ys Origins?

I bought Ys Seven for PSP and actually finished it and loved it, then I bought Oath in Felghana and the third (?) boss kept kicking my ass. It was really hard and annoying, to the point that I never came back to play it.

:|
Do it. And go back to Oath. Just level up.

Jdez15

Banned
I'm really not enjoying these sales. Usually GMOD is around 3 dollars, not 5, and same with counter strike, it usually is around 5 bucks, not 10

Nabs

Darksiders II is $16.99 by itself on both Steam and Amazon. However, Amazon is offering the Darksiders franchise pack for $13.19 which includes Darksiders, Darksiders II, and all of the Darksiders II DLC.

Then again, Steam has the insane THQ bundle which includes their entire library for $24.99. I already own most of that, though.

I was talking about this one here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18777/ It's $13.59 for everything. I'm not sure why they are even selling DS2 alone.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm debating whether or not I should re-buy LA Noire to have it on Steam lol. It's not like I'm going to play it again but having all my games in one place is nice.

I'm really not enjoying these sales. Usually GMOD is around 3 dollars, not 5, and same with counter strike, it usually is around 5 bucks, not 10
I swear I saw it for $2.50 earlier.

legend166

So here's something incredibly depressing - I just moved house and it looks like I've lost the little USB connector thing that I use to plug the Xbox 360 controller into the PC.

:(

:(

0FZHD.png

I feel kinda exhausted.

Why are the rats killing the Cat in such a horrible way?
Why are some rats killing themselves?
Why are the physics so broken?

What's an easy way to see how many steam games you have?
Library tab up top -> All Games right under it. I like this method better because you only get the number of actual games you have, and not the inflated number you see on your profile (which includes DLCs, etc).

Alucrid

Banned
Library tab up top -> All Games right under it. I like this method better because you only get the number of actual games you have, and not the inflated number you see on your profile (which includes DLCs, etc).

Awesome, thanks. Broke 100 cause of this steam sale. I am weak. :(

Yoshi Chan's comment on the game just popped up on my steam screen:

Yay!

-_________-

Basically it just made me more confused. lol

Oh well, I will buy this. Fuck. x_x

If you'll accept it, you can play the game on easy/very easy. Nobody will know except you...and the people who would bother to look in your steam achievements.

I bought Farming Simulator in the flash sale and jumped on a server with a friend.

This game is the best. We didn't do any farming, just dueled with combines.

HoosTrax

People crack me up. Someone PMed me asking to trade my unusual hats for Civ V, a $7.49 game.

Bill's Hat...maybe...and only for Civ V GOTYe.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking about this one here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18777/ It's $13.59 for everything. I'm not sure why they are even selling DS2 alone.

Shit... I didn't notice that!

I would have paid the extra 40 cents to have it all automatically added to my Steam account. Oh well!

People crack me up. Someone PMed me asking to trade my unusual hats for Civ V, a $7.49 game.

Bill's Hat...maybe...and only for Civ V GOTYe.

Gotta love that Steam economy in which digital hats are far more valuable than actual games.

HoosTrax

Gotta love that Steam economy in which digital hats are far more valuable than actual games.
I'm still awaiting the Valveconomist's blog entry analyzing that phenomenon. And hopefully we get one talking about the results of the new Valve-ebay thing.

Well, I'm off for some rest. A weekend in Scotland awaits me. Pretty sure there's no technology in Scotland, let alone internet. They may have just discovered Steam/the combustion engine. (Love Scotland really).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom