• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Gotta love that Steam economy in which digital hats are far more valuable than actual games.

It's not really different than real life. People value weird shit that has little to no practical value all the time.

Has Darksiders II improved on the PC version at all? I know when it released alot of people were pissed

It seems like they patched in actual graphical settings. Minor thing, but it annoyed me that you need to actually start the game before you can even access the options menu and even then you need to restart before anything takes effect.

Rarity is a hell of a drug.

Please, real economists call that "scarcity".
And with the Steam market now open someone can exchange a hat for a game and sell the hat and turn a profit. Reality: The money remains on Steam's purse no matter what you do. House always wins.

HoosTrax

Please, real economists call that "scarcity".
And with the Steam market now open someone can exchange a hat for a game and sell the hat and turn a profit. Reality: The money remains on Steam's purse no matter what you do. House always wins.
Not quite yet. SteamBay is in beta and only open to listings of consumables right now.

Too bad, I was hoping to finance my winter sale wishlist from selling random stuff I had in my inventory. Did make around $10 selling some odds and ends though.

feel

Cromulent_Word from Capy, awesomely hooked me up with an extra copy of Critter Crunch, first to quote this post gets it (I'll PM you, it's not hidden).

Sent! v

KarmaCow

Vanilla version: I have no idea.
Conspiracy flavored version: Ubisoft, future owner of THQ, sees Steam as a threat to Uplay.

So they take down Steam by making it so people buy the Steam-locked version on Amazon, denying Valve what fraction of $13 they get. And some how, Uplay.

Another cunning plan from Ubisoft.

Amzin

What is the verdict on Divine II? I almost want to grab Divine Divinity but do NOT need another Diablo-esque game, Divine II looks more like Draken or one of those kinds of games but the steam page is not very helpful -_-

Considering no one is talking about it, that's almost enough information right there I guess~

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Is there any precedent for in-game items e.g. DOTA 2 to be further discounted? I understand they're already on sale. I'm just hoping for a sale on the Bastion announcer which I'm sure won't happen.

Wolfie5

Allright, another game from my wishlist. Grimrock bought.

Only 10 games left on my wishlist.

Expecting DMC4, Trine 2, Deadlight to go on sale. Hoping for Might and Magic Heroes VI.

Smash88

Banned
I want Ys, but don't have the extra to spend for it. Maybe when it hits like $3.50?

I save throughout the year for these sales. And things are already crazy.

HoosTrax

What is the verdict on Divine II? I almost want to grab Divine Divinity but do NOT need another Diablo-esque game, Divine II looks more like Draken or one of those kinds of games but the steam page is not very helpful -_-

Considering no one is talking about it, that's almost enough information right there I guess~
If you liked games like Gothic 3 and Risen, you'd probably like it.

If you can't stand eurojank ARPGs, I'd avoid.

gbooster

Neo Member

I liked it a lot. It's a Two Worlds / Gothic / Elder Scrolls kind of game. A step down from Skyrim and Oblivion, but it's still a good game.

The 3 best games I've played for the first time this year are Ys: Oath, Ys Origin, and Legend of Grimrock. I'm kind of sad I already have them so I can't buy them all now on sale.

Amzin

If you liked games like Gothic 3 and Risen, you'd probably like it.

If you can't stand eurojank ARPGs, I'd avoid.

I'm pretty sure I've never played either of those games, or whatever a eurojank ARPG is :p Wish there was a demo, it just looked interesting.

Edit: Wow at that Bethesda collection... I think their site just imploded though, I can't get it to do much.

HoosTrax

I'm pretty sure I've never played either of those games, or whatever a eurojank ARPG is :p Wish there was a demo, it just looked interesting.
For me, the only ERPG that I would put in the same league as the top RPGs is the Witcher series. The rest just feel not quite up to par in terms of production values and writing quality. Very generic characters and uninspired story.

Gothic 3 was a pretty good looking game for its time admittedly. Very poor melee combat mechanics though. Far worse than any Elder Scrolls game even.

Amzin

Site won't load for me :/ what is in it?

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Status