• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Rated M for MADDO SCIENTISTO

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well a final confirm on it retaining the original PC version's resolution! Also weirdly no longer plays A.R. or another opening when you sit on the title screen like the Japanese versions.

Also it looks like RightStuf had their stock sent in last week:
The day has arrived! Steins;Gate download codes are being sent out right now. If you have any questions about your order, contact us at https://support.jlist.com and we'll do our best to help.

Limited Edition packages start shipping from San Diego tomorrow (today, 3/31). Right Stuf was sent their order last week so they'll be able to fulfill their orders ASAP as well.

On behalf of the entire JAST USA team, thanks for your patience -- we think it'll be worth it. We can't wait to hear what you think of our biggest game release yet!
So those that ordered it from there might get it sooner than expected.

Zafir

Well a final confirm on it retaining the original PC version's resolution! Also weirdly no longer plays A.R. or another opening when you sit on the title screen like the Japanese versions.
You can't increase it from 720p then? Bit sucky, at least 720p should upscale ok to 1440p. ><

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh wait it does play the OPs! It didn't the first time which was odd since I waited for it to play before I started. Also do it and listen to A.R. it's the best OP.

Why would resolution change from the original PC release?

Since they put the game on an updated engine it would be possible for them to use the 720p or 1080p assets from the console versions while reworking things.
I had asked Peter when I was at the AX announcement and he said that it will stay the same because of N+'s insistence of using the same assets, but putting in a final confirm for things after booting it myself.

Downloading now, maybe I will play it a bit before my LE copy arrives.

Now I've got to make the hard decision on if I want to do tuturu or Part Time Warrior ending first.

daveo42

Banned
Saw my download code this morning on my way to work. Looks like I'll be jumping in later this evening. Hopefully we won't have that long of a wait on the LE copies, but I'm still expecting to wait a bit of time.

I can't say for sure because my previous experience was with the ridiculously buggy and laggy previous PC version, which is supposedly fixed, but I'd say it would take in the 50 range if you use a walkthrough.

Was not expecting it to be that long, but that's pretty fantastic. Luckily there isn't much in the way coming out over the next month or two that I'm getting so I can dedicate my time to this.

have visual novels made the transition to widescreen 1080p+ yet?

I know this is an old game... but these tend to scale poorly to my 27" monitor :/

wish this was on ipad or something.

Uthred

Whats with the ominous "You are using one of your download attempts!" thing, can we only download it X amount of times?

Lain

Apparently
https://support.jlist.com
is blocked by my ISP, not surprising as they provide eroge.
Do they have an e-mail I can contact them with in case my download doesn't arrive by tomorrow?

Can't you use a proxy? Or maybe just using a different DNS might do the trick?

---

I played a little little bit, like a couple minutes, then a series of unfortunate coincidences made it so I had to go AFK from my PC for a long while. What little I've played though already has me in love.

Zafir

have visual novels made the transition to widescreen 1080p+ yet?

I know this is an old game... but these tend to scale poorly to my 27" monitor :/

wish this was on ipad or something.
If your monitor is 1440p then it should scale as well as it possibly can. The game is 720p which is half that of 1440p. Naturally it's not as good as having it native resolution though.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
GAF should I be worried? I ordered an LE and have the e-mail for that order, but the e-mail confirmation I got today is for a DL code. &#8721;(&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)

kewlmyc

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33210&Title=Steins;Gate&searchkeyword=steins

I didn't quote it because the description could be considered spoilery or something.

I've beaten the VN, trust me, it's a well deserved rating.

*One of Steins;Gate's endings spoiler*
I figured the "you can just rape her" scene with Suzuha played a big reason in the rating. The blood isn't super graphic throughout the game from what I remember (though Dual Destinies got a M rating for blood in one scene, so whatever) but the Suzuha scene I mentioned was rather shocking when I saw it, even though he doesn't go through with it. The "nudity scene" is just silly though.

Tizoc

Can't you use a proxy? Or maybe just using a different DNS might do the trick?

---

I played a little little bit, like a couple minutes, then a series of unfortunate coincidences made it so I had to go AFK from my PC for a long while. What little I've played though already has me in love.

Easiest option is to override proxy in my end >_>;

Also it looks like RightStuf had their stock sent in last week:

So those that ordered it from there might get it sooner than expected.

Despite what JastUSA posted Right Stuf still has not received their shipment, but Right Stuf did say the shipment should be today. https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/450625741286572032

My order still states "On Order From Manufacturer" at the moment, so hopefully that will change later tonight assuming the shipment actually arrives today as scheduled.

LiK

Got the download code and dled it just fine through the link they gave me.

LE still hasn't shipped yet tho.

Danj

Got my download code and LE shipping notice this morning, had my PC download it while I was at work. Been playing it since I got home! Except while I was making dinner.

Even more awesome than I remember it because now it's not all janky like the fan-patched version was.

Muahahahahaha!

I see that almost like the Faris/Feyris thing. In the OP they're translated a certain way, but when you look at the way it's spelt in Japanese and the way it's said I don't get how Faris is even a possible translation to how it should be.

Hey StayDead

Are you still sad I waited for the game before watching all the anime? (I watched like 3 episodes xD)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yay finally got my shipping notice for my LE and It'll be in on Thursday!
Also some good news on sales:
JAST USA &#8207;@jastusa 2h

@Swiftnissity I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I think it’s safe to say this is our biggest release in a decade.

I seem to be experiencing some kind of graphical glitch. There's a diagonal line that continues through the whole screen and either side is offset by like 2 pixels.

NOBREdQ.jpg

aw2SzJj.jpg

Is there any way to make this full-screen? Alt-Enter does not work.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That's odd everything is good on mine end so I can't help with that but the shortcut for fullscreen is "f". The right click/pause menu should have shortcuts listed next to their functions if you want to know the other ones as well.

That's odd everything is good on mine end so I can't help with that but the shortcut for fullscreen is "f". The right click/pause menu should have shortcuts listed next to their functions if you want to know the other ones as well.

Awesome. The issue is gone in full screen mode, kudos.

Top Bottom