• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Gets EVO Diago moment after 50th try
Fubar: I would have gotten that the 3rd time if it was on arcade
*Japanese Dude get the Diago parry win first time.

Edit: beaten by Log lol.

oracrest

Online with it now!

I will send out some invites to any Gaffers I see on. I will be pretty suck until I get an arcade stick next week though...

Had me a good couple of matches, undefeated so far.

As for the port itself:

• Online is fairly lag-free, though I did have one match that was all over the place.
  • The smoothing options look like shit, I pretty much have to keep scanlines on all the time.
  • Music stops randomly.
  • The unlockables are very underwhelming.
  • Old Start+ color palettes as DLC? :/

Still $15 well spent, though, online makes it shine.

Good to see spectating is indeed in.

Not going to have the game until tomorrow but I wouldn't mind adding you guys and play with y'all. Dmasta718 PSN

hiryu2015

I'm about to get it on PS3.

psn: qmacca

I played the arcade machine once or twice but really put in my hours on the DC version, one of the first games I bought with my own cash when I started working (along with DC MvC2). I played the demo earlier and it looks good.

patrickthehedgehog said:
What the hell at my download speed! I've been downloading it for an hour and it's at 71%. Anyone else have any trouble with PSN being shitty 100% of the time?
Nope. Took about 10-15 minutes to download and install for me.

Dynamic3

Do we need to download a file for the early Gil unlock to work?

Also, am I crazy or does the widescreen setting actually stretch?

-

I can't even get past Yun's second trial lol.

Shearie

Had a fun tournament session earlier even though it was mostly just me watching people way better than me play. I fought the tournament winner in the first round of matches and surprised myself with at least having some decent rounds with the guy even though I lost all of them. I parried and punished a couple of his attacks and it felt sooooooo good!

Professor Beef said:
Nope. Took about 10-15 minutes to download and install for me.

Jeez. Every time I go into the PSN store I have to wait an eternity for all the icons to load. I have my computer on the same router and never have any trouble with download speeds, but the PS3 is chugging! Any ideas as to what can be causing this? PC and PS3 are both on wireless.

Every match I joined so far has been laggy, matches take like a minute to find in ranked. My Nat is type 2 but all the right ports are forwarded. I don't get it.

Mechanized said:
Every match I joined so far has been laggy, matches take like a minute to find in ranked. My Nat is type 2 but all the right ports are forwarded. I don't get it.
Put your PS3's IP address in your router's DMZ.

Mike M

Nick N
zlatko said:
Lol... have you been paying attention to Capcom lately?
It just seems like such a punch in the balls for them to otherwise go so all out on this port, only to find out that they Sonic Adventure'd us like this.

I think most people (Well, at least I was) expecting DLC to be NG/SI colors and BGs, not shit I already had on my Anniversary Collection version...

Maybe they're in the vault?
[/irrational hope]

zlatko

Banned
Mike M said:
It just seems like such a punch in the balls for them to otherwise go so all out on this port, only to find out that they Sonic Adventure'd us like this.

I think most people (Well, at least I was) expecting DLC to be NG/SI colors and BGs, not shit I already had on my Anniversary Collection version...

Maybe they're in the vault?
[/irrational hope]

Definitely check it out. Maybe you unlock them through a run through arcade on the hardest difficulty or some weird shit.

I wouldn't be surprised though if they are DLC, and I'm sure we'll see a fair share of DLC stuff for this game. Someone on stream mentioned they could do a video pack DLC, where it lets you upload better quality videos to youtube that aren't just 240P. Apparently some other games have done this? Not sure what games have though.

El Sloth

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
For dem Skullgirls I'll be swinging every which way! ;D

No matter what your platform you will be able to fight me when that ish comes out!
That's kinda slutty of you.

I approve.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Professor Beef said:
I really wish you could make lobbies in Ranked. :|
Lobbies with people you know. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of ranked?

Free points n shit

zlatko

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I meant lobbies like SSFIV has in Ranked. I guess I should've said "rooms," what the fuck ever.

Wait, so can you back out of a fight before you start up in SF3 or no? Like if you set yourself to host and search for ranked games, and someone is found, and their connection is butt, can you kick them and research? Also, how does the game show you connection bars with other people ?

zlatko said:
Wait, so can you back out of a fight before you start up in SF3 or no? Like if you set yourself to host and search for ranked games, and someone is found, and their connection is butt, can you kick them and research? Also, how does the game show you connection bars with other people ?
You can't set yourself as a host. You just hit Ranked and hope for the best.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
zlatko said:

You can back out if you want and it'll just send you back to the online menu (sounds slow I know, but the process is way faster than AE is), the connection is displayed by a little dot that changes in color from green, yellow, orange and red. From what I've seen it doesn't seem to matter what color the dot is, I've had fights that were perfectly fine with an orange player.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
fuccccckkkk. my poor ass won't be able to get Live back on till Friday. i got a friend staying with me though so his 360 may still have some 3-Month Gold left. hopefully. damn. i'm like a crackhead trying to figure out any way to get dat fix.

El Sloth said:
That's kinda slutty of you.

I approve.

I am nothing if not a slut ;D

In other news,
I have won like 2 or 3 out of the crazy number of matches I have played.

I am trash, but I am having so much fun with Necro it doesn't matter!
Get outta my way!

Top Bottom