• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Conceited said:
You can back out if you want and it'll just send you back to the online menu (sounds slow I know, but the process is way faster than AE is), the connection is displayed by a little dot that changes in color from green, yellow, orange and red. From what I've seen it doesn't seem to matter what color the dot is, I've had fights that were perfectly fine with an orange player.
It sure as hell isn't faster than AE is. I hate being forced to back out to the menu back in HD Remix, and I hate it now. Other than that, I've had absolutely no problems with the actual online play, even with red ping.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Has anyone on PS3 side tried local multiplayer yet? I'm curious if it lets both players see their challenge mission thingies, each on their own side of the screen.

Be nice for once if one of these games this gen allowed local players to have their own save file / identity for offline versus.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Professor Beef said:
It sure as hell isn't faster than AE is. I hate being forced to back out to the menu back in HD Remix, and I hate it now. Other than that, I've had absolutely no problems with the actual online play, even with red ping.

Getting "unable to join" 5 times and being pushed out to the menu every time when you try to chose someone with a good connection in ranked instead of just being randomly assigned an opponent is MUCH slower.

Mike M said:
Better not be : (

That'd be a pretty shitty thing, to excise features from previous versions for DLC

Colors are under the DLC menu, so...

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am about the shitty YouTube quality. I'd love to show off my stuff but badly compressed 240p is just... horrible. I mean, seriously, you can't make out any text or even the characters' names:

9jcfB.jpg

Kev? Mandto? Fix this shit, Capcom.

Jeff Stephen said:
I thought Microsoft pushed the date of XBLA releases to Tuesday did they not?
You are confusing XBLA with PSN. PSN released games initially on Thursdays but changed it to Tuesdays. XBLA has always released their games on Wednesdays.

striKeVillain! said:
Put your PS3's IP address in your router's DMZ.

Didn't seem to do anything, do I have to restart the router, modem or ps3 or anything?
Maybe I'm just playing people with bad connections I've had about half my matches be lag free since that post.

I'm like 5 for 15 with Hugo. lol

Dreweyes

Hasn't happened to me, but people have had the game crash on them in the GAF room a few times. Lag wasn't too bad though.

PSN: Dreweyes

robot

USD said:
Probably answered before, but does the game have the original (non-arranged) soundtrack?

Yea - looks like the remixed stage tracks need to be unlocked. Character select is new but you can unlock the original. Weird how it's reversed.

Wish the parry challenges gave you more tips like when to parry certain portions of an attack and even if it's high/low. Not so obvious to me, especially the Hugo one.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
RS4- said:
tech roll/quick get up?

I usually just hit down a few times as soon as I hit the ground.

yea i've mashed out a tech backwards roll...is it directional? can i pop up back, forward, and straight up?

Wonko_C

You guys on the stream are making it really hard for me to resist waiting until tomorrow for the XBLA version, I want to double dip but I've already spent more than I was supposed to for the month, besides I only have fightpads on my 360. Hmm...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
wow. i just saw an aegis reflector actually reflect a fireball for the first time in my history of 3S. all i ever see it do is fuck me up.

RS4-

bistromathics said:
yea i've mashed out a tech backwards roll...is it directional? can i pop up back, forward, and straight up?

Just one way; remember, if you do it all the time, your opponent will pick up on it and ground cross you up.

Nabs

that achievement shit is so annoying. why would they include 8 million different options and skip that?

striKeVillain! said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwu221yuVr1qzg6igo1_500.jpg
There's just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.
I know! I noticed after I posted it, but I figured it was much too late by that point lol

Edit: Do we have a gaf chat for this yet?

Zapages

rank matches take forever to join. :( I hope there is a patch or something. I liked SSF4's search method for matches instead of old style that we have.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Grokbu said:
I'm not sure. But I think that it's because Kadey isn't playing when it doesn't show up.

yeah, kadey just played and sidebar text was back. what the hell.

edit: damn this hugo is making me all kinds of sad.

Top Bottom