• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

d0c_zaius

Unlearning all the nonsense SF4 taught me to do is pretty interesting.

Playing against another person with 3s experience who has also been brainwashed by SF4 is definitely a carnival of errors.

But after an hour later, playing 3s is like riding a bike.

THis game will never stop being played, ever.

Agent X

I've just been playing the single-player tonight, and having a lot of fun with it. I like the fact that they included a large list of in-game accomplishments that encourage you to learn the nuances of the fighting system, and how they scroll by up the side of the screen as you successfully complete the tasks.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but will probably do so tomorrow.

Is the YouTube video feature only available for multiplayer games? I was looking for it in the pause menu during single-player, but didn't notice it.

vocab

Oh gill!

*closes stream*

Seth trying to get fubarduck to test the lag better. Seth said their debug tools showed less than 16 ms (worse case scenario) of lag.

Haha Ferrio just cleaned my clock.

FEELS GOOD MAN!

Love this game so much. When I lose, it's because I suck. Not because my moves are getting f*cked up by Ono's Street Fighter Assistant getting in my way and sh*tting out moves I didn't want because it thinks I wanted them. :D

Also game speed and general speed of matches is great.

Feels like home.
037.gif

The Take Out Bandit said:

FEELS GOOD MAN!

Love this game so much. When I lose, it's because I suck. Not because my moves are getting f*cked up by Ono's Street Fighter Assistant getting in my way and sh*tting out moves I didn't want because it thinks I wanted them. :D

Feels like home.
037.gif
Can definitely agree with this. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to throw my stick in frustration because Seth wiffs a grab instead of Teleporting/Tandem engine. Fuck SSFIV in that respect.

Loving Hugo again. He's so big and awesome. Also Dudley. <3 ThirdStrike.

d0c_zaius

FEELS GOOD MAN!

Feels like home.
037.gif

It's like you are in my brain :)

Lets be 3rd strike buddies.

Mr Touchdown said:
Can definitely agree with this. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to throw my stick in frustration because Seth wiffs a grab instead of Teleporting/Tandem engine. Fuck SSFIV in that respect.

Loving Hugo again. He's so big and awesome. Also Dudley. <3 ThirdStrike.

Yep!

It's a huge problem for a lot of characters I like.

If you're going to have a retarded f*cking input assist system, then for the love of christ do NOT design characters with inputs that your stupid software can confuse. Adon is another favorite; but he's broken thanks to overlapping inputs and retard assist.

Well time to go get some grub and clean up.

I'll be up for more matches tomorrow evening.

d0c_zaius said:
It's like you are in my brain :)

Lets be 3rd strike buddies.

Okay!

I'll send an invite tomorrow. I'm in the Midwest on DSL though, so no promises about the connection. :p

sleepykyo

Kimosabae said:
Multiplatform gaming. Worse gen for this, ever. With HDTV's, online play and multiple systems running at variant speeds, it's a wonder how anyone gets good at these games.

On one hand, seeing as each Capcom fighter on the PS3 gets progressively worse, I would agree. On the other hand, last generation there were 4 platforms (arcade, ps2, gc, and xbox) and no standard input device. And the most popular platform (behind arcade) could be brought to a virtual standstill by a possession/exorcism heavy Taki.

Ferrio

Banned
If there's a PSN SF3 chat room I'd really like an invite. PSN: Ferrio

GGs earlier TToB. Not sure if you noticed but we had a couple desyncs. One game I KO'ed you and it rewinded the game, next thing I know I was in a Gigas.

Anyway to turn off all t hat shit on the sides? Swear it slows the game down.

d0c_zaius

Yep!

It's a huge problem for a lot of characters I like.

If you're going to have a retarded f*cking input assist system, then for the love of christ do NOT design characters with inputs that your stupid software can confuse. Adon is another favorite; but he's broken thanks to overlapping inputs and retard assist.

Yea its really frustrating with the random skyfalls with abel or hearing Hakan say "seriously?!?" when I am trying to have him slide.

3s is really reminding me of the crap I put up with just to play new fighters.

Not that 3s is perfect, but its issues I can deal with.

Oh and I played against a ton of international peoples on GGPO, so it should be ok. I'm in Santa Monica....Q country.

Ferrio said:

GGs earlier TToB. Not sure if you noticed but we had a couple desyncs. One game I KO'ed you and it rewinded the game, next thing I know I was in a Gigas.

only way is to put your game in wide screen mode, stretching the game.

vocab

Ferrio said:

Had the same thing happen to me and lost because I put my stick down. It made the KO sound, and showed the death animation. I'm like that's great, and I get raped by a super. GGPO has never done that crap before.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lazy vs Crazy said:
No input display in training mode? Come on, Capcom.
wut?

Also what is the verdict? Purchase the ps3 version or what for the 360 version?

vocab said:
Had the same thing happen to me and lost because I put my stick down. It made the KO sound, and showed the death animation. I'm like that's great, and I get raped by a super. GGPO has never done that crap before.
Price we pay for accurate online gameplay.

ShaneB

Lazy vs Crazy said:
No input display in training mode? Come on, Capcom.

what the? really :( Phooey, with how lenient SF4 was, and how not lenient 3S is, I really wanted to see my inputs in training. Dammit.

Oh well.

Was neat watching the stream, I'm going to download this in the morning and have it all set to go when I get home in the evening.

MThanded said:
wut?

Also what is the verdict? Purchase the ps3 version or what for the 360 version?

Well, only a really small amount of people have played the 360 version already, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
RESSURECTION.

Okay I'm up after finally sleeping after 3 days of not sleeping, no more sloppy dumbass plays :3 Now Im READY TO WIN ALL DAY. Or get confused by lag when fighting seph cause of our damn distance and the way ggpo handles lag xD

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
vocab said:
It did it all the time. Sometimes KO would stay onscreen as play continued.

QisTopTier said:
RESSURECTION.

Okay I'm up after finally sleeping after 3 days of not sleeping, no more sloppy dumbass plays :3 Now Im READY TO WIN ALL DAY. Or get confused by lag when fighting seph cause of our damn distance and the way ggpo handles lag xD

On Kadey's stream the game seemed to handle Seph's lag just fine though =P

Hitokage said:
It did it all the time. Sometimes KO would stay onscreen as play continued.

Yeah, that and random big black bars obstructing the screen that I don't even know where they came from were my biggest problems with 3S on GGPO =/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you got owned by a rollback its legit. Thats the whole point of ggpo. You want accurate online play it comes with the territory.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SolarKnight said:
Yeah, that and random big black bars obstructing the screen that I don't even know where they came from were my biggest problems with 3S on GGPO =/
When a round ends the screen goes black for a moment then graphics for the new round are revealed through shrinking black bars. Sometimes on GGPO they never finish.

My PSN ID is Madman0017 if anyone wants to fight. I'm in Australia though so there may be some lag, but I hit up some JP guys and the connection was pretty tight. I'm still soul searching for a character to call my own, so please be gentle :p

Hitokage said:
When a round ends the screen goes black for a moment then graphics for the new round are revealed through shrinking black bars. Sometimes on GGPO they never finish.

I imagined as much. Man, arcade 3S sure hates save states, even using them offline fucks everything up.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Cloudius12 said:
only way is to put your game in wide screen mode, stretching the game.

so then, setting tv to 4:3 mode should bypass stretch then except maybe it will cut off some picture if there's no overscan which is probable.

Morris

Disco Devil
Anyone got a good dudley guide?

I seriously need to come up with better ex mgb juggles. I feel scrubby with just lp mgb, ducking upper xx SA...

Oh, and I randomly met Gaffer (ex-gaffer?) DarKaoZ in Ranked. I totally missed an Aegis mixup after a throw that could have won me round 3 :(

GG dude.

Only played against two chuns so far and they were both flowcharts. Ugh.

Only played against Q twice. Had a few Hugo mirror matches, those were fun.
Haven't seen Urien, Sean, Necro, Oro, Twelve, Makoto or Elena yet.

Everyone else seems to play Ryu or Ken.

I lost to two Alex players, they were both killers.

Ferrio said:

Yeah, the Elena match I won pulled that, and I noticed some screwy stuff every now and then.

Random is not kind to me as I never played some of these characters. And I'm trying to remember the moves of others.

I need to get the timing for parrying an EX Fireball. :(

Top Bottom