• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

RS4-

Lol, game locked up for me at the char select screen. Have to actually turn off the machine to do anything.

edit - nice got hit with the disconnect lol. Anyway uploaded a match, I have no idea what the YT account is that it uploads to.

edit again - it's in a replay channel similar to the one found in SFIV. You can find mine under tag: YellowS4

PSN: madman0017 (Region: Brisbane, Australia)

Let's go AUSGAF!

Oh and before anyone gets excited I got mine of the JP store urley... sorry

RS4- said:
Rage quitters are in full force already.

I saw someone with a 40% quit rate today. Just thought "Why even bother?"

RS4-

Mr Touchdown said:
PSN: madman0017 (Region: Brisbane, Australia)

Let's go AUSGAF!

Oh and before anyone gets excited I got mine of the JP store urley... sorry

I saw someone with a 40% quit rate today. Just thought "Why even bother?"

Lol, best one was someone quitting on me as soon as he got ko'd and I get hit with the loss.

CozMick

Banned
3rd Strike avatars going up on the Store when its updated...

EU Blog said:
Akuma
Alex
Chun-Li
Dudley
Elena
Gill
Hugo
Ibuki
Ken
Makoto
Necro
Oro
Q
Remy
Ryu
Sean
Twelve
Urien
Yang
Yun

Woooooooooooooo!

CozMick

Banned
Also for Italia-GAF

EU Blog said:
And for those of you in Italy, Capcom (after discussion with us) has taken the decision to hold back the publish of SF III for you guys, which should only be for short time

I wonder why?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hertog said:
In SSF4 I really like trolling people with blanka. Who should I main in SF3 :)
So who's annoying and fast?

No real troll characters. More like troll setups.

But if you had to pinpoint one, it would be Gill. Lots of damage, stuns fast, moves fast, normals that paralyze you, and that whole resurrection thing. Degen knows all about Gill. :p

But yeah. I was doing a lot of trolling last night.

Example. http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293363561

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
As you may know this is my first time playing 3rd Strike so im pretty scrubby... but damn if the netcode isnt godlike! I only played a match against a dood in USA and it was butter smooth!

Every FG should use it @_@

Vespa

hertog said:
In SSF4 I really like trolling people with blanka. Who should I main in SF3 :)
So who's annoying and fast?

Annoying and fast IMO:

Yun
Yang
Makoto
Ibuki
Akuma
Ken
Chun Li

Couple of updates from Tizoc regarding Yang and performing OTG super art on Dudley:

YANG
SA III: Sei'ei Enbu: 1 stock, 1 EX move. The super is used against Hugo and Urien primarly since they can let Yang do unblockable hits on them (due to their big sprites).

Recommended super: SA2 due to Yang's EX Mantis Slashes being his main offensive tool. You could use SA3, but SA2 offers the most damage output.

Landing an OTG Uppercut super on Dudley works as follows- LP+LK (NO DIRECTION HELD)-->Uppercut super. One of Ryu's trials involves this, and some seem to be stumped about it. Note that this works for the other shotos as well (including Sean).

hertog

Fersis said:
As you may know this is my first time playing 3rd Strike so im pretty scrubby... but damn if the netcode isnt godlike! I only played a match against a dood in USA and it was butter smooth!

Every FG should use it @_@

yeah I'm gonna be scrubby as well...
Haven't played any fighter seriously except SSF4. And I believe this is way harder than SSF4 :(

LosDaddie

Banned
So, is this game going to kill SSFIV AE's community for a while? I'm probably not getting this game until it goes on sale. (I'm trying to clear out a backlog game before Gears3 drops.)

hertog

Vespa said:
Annoying and fast IMO:

Yun
Yang
Makoto
Ibuki
Akuma
Ken
Chun Li

Except for Akuma , those are all the characters I absolutely despise in the SF universe. :lol
And don't forget Ryu... ugh blandy mcbland.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
abstract alien said:
Good lord, this Hugo i'm in a lobby with is literally the best I've ever seen. This guy has him moving around like Ibuki lol
now this is relevant to my interests! was wanting to see a Hugo own last night on the stream but alas was not to be. hopefully those just learning the big man keep at it so we can have a Hugo army online reppin' dat patty cake slap.

Jesus, there are so many Ryus in ranked... Though match-making is kinda ass for me right now. I was wondering about the colour of the nat logo people have. Mine's yellowish-green for some reason and I'm not sure what that means.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you change the damage level?

Vespa

LosDaddie said:
So, is this game going to kill SSFIV AE's community for a while? I'm probably not getting this game until it goes on sale. (I'm trying to clear out a backlog game before Gears3 drops.)

Definitely not! SF4 has a very strong community.

Now is a good time to start and get some games in with a varied range of player skill, plus supporting this now will make it easier for Capcom to green-light more Online Editions, you do want Darkstalkers, Alpha 2/3, Cvs2 and *JoJo? :p

ShaneB

LosDaddie said:

Not at all, very different game really. The SF 3 vs 4 thread showed the fanbase is pretty well decided on what they like. You might see a slight dip in player base, but given that 4 is so popular anyway, it won't be an issue.

Downloaded this morning and ready to go when I get home.

Add GAF 3S metatag you XBL players! (Going to be saying this a lot today, sorry in advance!)

MarshMellow96 said:
You can't turn scanlines on in the 360 demo?
You can't turn it on the fly like the PS3 demo.
This can only be adjusted in the main menu.
Also is it just me or did they confuse crisp & smooth in the filter settings?

zlatko

Banned
So before I dip on 360 I would like some impressions from GAF if anything is better/worse than the PS3 version from yesterday.

Are the super bars lengths distorted on 360 as well?
How's the online?

Owensboro

I. Suck. At. This. Game.

Played around for about 2-3 hours last night doing trials and playing the computer (because I couldn't get online matches consistently). I couldn't even get past the 5th or 6th match in Arcade mode. The only way that I almost won my only online match was because I was able to connect with Hugo's Gigas breaker (Thank you to everyone for the buffering during a jump tips). That alone made me happy, as I most definately flexed (and then ate a combo) after doing it.

Who wants to teach me how to play? I also found out last night that I suck equally with Hugo, Dudley, Q, Oro, and Ibuki. Them trials are hard man!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LosDaddie said:

It's the opposite actually. Most top players have moved on from 3rd Strike ages ago. People still play it here and there for kicks.

AE community is amped up because of the 2012 changes being revealed yesterday. Equal amounts of smiles and tears depending on which characters they use.
The community is at it's peak thanks to EVO.

3rd Strike is a different game in it's own right. I prefer SFIV but it's not like I'm not having fun with 3rd strike either. Nobody really played it in my circle of friends so it's the the first time I'm really getting into it. One thing I really do love about it over SFIV is the lack of shortcuts and harder reversals.
Who wants to teach me how to play? I also found out last night that I suck equally with Hugo, Dudley, Q, Oro, and Ibuki. Them trials are hard man!

Trials are meant to teach you the system of the game and execution. Most of what you see aren't meant for real time play.

Keep playing human opponents and focus on fundamentals and get the feel of situations and how to react.

dwix

Just played the trial with the 360 controller, and good lord do I need an arcade stick. I can't even begin to parry with any sort of precision. What's the best arcade stick to get for less than $100?

Gaspode_T

Just miraculously won my first online match which was against some Japan ibuki player...can't join a ranked match for some reason but lots of player matches with green pings here in Japan

bumpkin

Owensboro said:
I. Suck. At. This. Game.

Played around for about 2-3 hours last night doing trials and playing the computer (because I couldn't get online matches consistently). I couldn't even get past the 5th or 6th match in Arcade mode. The only way that I almost won my only online match was because I was able to connect with Hugo's Gigas breaker (Thank you to everyone for the buffering during a jump tips). That alone made me happy, as I most definately flexed (and then ate a combo) after doing it.

Well there's your problem... It's Pringles or bust. :)

But yeah, I can say the same. My SF3 play was abysmal even back in the Dreamcast days. I remember basically getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by players like Reno and Leguna (not sure if either of 'em still lurk here). I don't think I even won a round in the 10 or 15 matches I played against 'em. It was pretty bad.

ShaneB

Owensboro said:
I. Suck. At. This. Game.

Said it before, butt he only advice I can give is to watch the tutorial vids in the OP, lots of great stuff there, and read up on a particular character you're learning, what works in what situations, etc. And practice practice practice!

CozMick

Banned
Gaspode_T said:
Just miraculously won my first online match which was against some Japan ibuki player...can't join a ranked match for some reason but lots of player matches with green pings here in Japan

Glad to hear it, hope there are plenty of UK players

BadWolf

Owensboro said:
I. Suck. At. This. Game.

If you are new to the game then forget about combos and stuff for now, learn the movement and throw game. Learn how to use your normals. Pick a shoto and solidify your fundamentals (I used Sean for this when I started).

Top Bottom