• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

I guess i'm lucky, but I've been having a pretty easy time finding ranked matches on PSN, I'm NAT type 2 (the yellow one) to boot

jett said:
Is there a gaf chat for 3S specifically?

Yes there is! I'm not online too often but if you shoot QisTopTier (both gaf and psn handle) a message then he'll send you an invite.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
LakeEarth said:
God, GGPO might be the best thing ever when the connection is good, but I fucking hate it when the connection sucks. I'd rather have lag instead of this "you hit him, wait no you didn't, now he's behind you somehow, you parried that move, no wait now it hit you" crap.
Crank up the delay value then.

Unless your connection is good, you're going to have to tolerate either input delay or choppiness. Something has to give.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FindMyFarms said:
Don't want to be a debbie downer.... but the only time chun would do an unconfirmed SA2 is to chip you out. When you know that the chun is looking for that, all you have to do is watch her and tap forward everytime you see her crouch, as she has to crouch due to the inputs of SA2. So if you look at the daigo/chun replay, it wasn't psychic at all, daigo was just tapping forward in reaction to each chun crouch he saw.
Bingo, but at that point in time america was really used to seeing shit like that let alone the flashy way he ended it *well not really flashy* Can't forget america overall blows at 3rd strike haha. *which is why you see so many chuns*

Seems pretty buggy, to be honest. My disconnect percentage is in the billions despite never dropping a match, ranked matches don't work, and I even had a bug where my colours went crazy on the character sprites while my opponent and I had simultaneously switched characters somehow during a rematch. Crazy shit.

El Sloth

Banned
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I use Elena, haha. I use B-HK alot. It counters throws/alot of lows.

For me generally, I jump around alot (which is probably bad). She has good air normals it seems. I am basically trying to mix up between her 1 hit normals and her 2 hits ones. Going for alot of kara throws, and sticking L-MP out there looking for the hit confirm into brave dance. There is more character specific stuff, but alot of what I do depends on how I see my opponent play in the first round and I go from there.

I play her like Adon, which is why I like Adon in SF4 series, heh.

Beware Chun's low roundhouse beats her UOD.
Yeah, I love her back hk. It's good as an anti-air in certain situations too.

I'm relying on a poke/throw heavy game right now. What's her kara throw?

I like using her st.mp and her 1st jump target combo(lp xx mk) to blow up parry attempts. Dem 2 hits. Have you tried messing with her healing super yet? You feel like such a troll when you get the full recover. If you do mess around with it learn when to do her 1st ground TC (mk xx cr.hp). It creates a ton of space for you to safely use SA3 and get a brunt of your health back.

striKeVillain! said:
Reminds me of Marvel 3. Worst. matchmaking. ever. :(

Marvel 3 was so much better than this shit. Being able to chill in training whilst waiting for a match-up inside your region is a hundred times better then constantly shifting through menus for 10 minutes to finally be matched with somebody on the other side of the world running on 56k.

GAF lobbies are the only way to go as it stands.

kissenger

Banned
zlatko said:
I know there was a record feature in parry training. :p

Yeah someone else has said that to me, but I think I must be missing something because I can't see how that could be used to practice things like safe jumps and set-ups. Every time I try to record a combo with the dummy the other character (the first one, not the dummy) parries everything I do automatically, which means that I can't do a combo because the timing is all f'ed up.

Am I missing something here?

jett

D-Member
Had awesome games with Fersis. Seems the only way to have fun online in this game is to play with people near you. :p

Finaika said:
Why does Ibuki kinda suck in this game? She takes damage like a bitch, and deals ok damage.

NO U

El Sloth said:
Yeah, I love her back hk. It's good as an anti-air in certain situations too.

I'm relying on a poke/throw heavy game right now. What's her kara throw?

I like using her st.mp and her 1st jump target combo(lp xx mk) to blow up parry attempts. Dem 2 hits. Have you tried messing with her healing super yet? You feel like such a troll when you get the full recover. If you do mess around with it learn when to do her 1st ground TC (mk xx cr.hp). It creates a ton of space for you to safely use SA3 and get a brunt of your health back.

Her kara throw is with F-MK. I do the same with her. It's alot of poking and throwing. I jump up straight alot to try to control the space over my head..

I haven't messed with the healing super really. I use alot of meter when I play, I am scared to use it, hehe.

Gaspode_T

I was hoping the matchmaking issues everyone is seeing are just launch day related, it might be a weird state where there are too many people trying to find matches so it tries to match you up with people but then rejects it because of bad ping. That's for the ranked match issue anyway, I noticed on 360 it sometimes shows NAT at the bottom left indicating it's trying to connect but it only shows up like a flicker.

I couldn't upload a video last night either. I would give them some credit, the net code seems to work fine when you have a green ping partner.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jett said:
Had awesome games with Fersis. Seems the only way to have fun online in this game is to play with people near you. :p

NO U
Netcode is godlike.
We should play this weekend with Dizzy-4U

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Gaspode_T said:
I was hoping the matchmaking issues everyone is seeing are just launch day related, it might be a weird state where there are too many people trying to find matches so it tries to match you up with people but then rejects it because of bad ping. That's for the ranked match issue anyway, I noticed on 360 it sometimes shows NAT at the bottom left indicating it's trying to connect but it only shows up like a flicker.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Marvel 3 was just like this at release, but I rarely if ever have to suffer long waits to get into matches in that game these days.

Too bad Marvel's netcode still blows.

I'm loving Elena. Good normals and nice anti-air options. Actually won about 4 matches in a row with her. Makes me want her in SFxT that much more.

Does anyone else get disconnected out of lobbies after a match finishes? Been happening a bit.

Septimius

And what is with that "NAT" icon? Indicating that someone you're playing against is NAT'ing? That's highly relevant information. And it is not any indication that your connection is doing anything. I'm not NAT'ing, and it still shows up.

Mike M

Nick N
WTF is this shit, match settings don't effect arcade mode?! You can't lower the difficulty to one star with only one round and cruise through to unlock Gill.

Oversight or tremendous douche move?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's on you guys. Stream was fine yesterday and it's fine on my end.

Shadow780 said:
How do I join?

Send an FR to me or join the PS3 GAF Chat. I can invite people from there more easily.

Gonna hop back on XBL and try to find some matches.

GT: Max Talent

Someone please invite me if you're online, I want to play a live opponent sometime this week.

ShaneB

RS4- said:
ShaneB = Gnomes? Yeah GGs to you Pappas!

yeah, have my laptop logged into xbox.com under GAF 3S, so it just made sense to send a text message that way while I play.

GGs to you both, yeah, the thunder and lighting is comin down hard here, crazy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
50 down 30 up. Stream will always be 60fps high res. That's how I roll. Trying to get quality controls for the other people though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Farms you are in deep shit, I'm slowly getting back into the grove of things on this game :D

I'll prob still die doing a random dumb mistake

RS4-

Well that blows, 360 replays are only there until you power off or quit the game.

And you can't upload any matches because the replay server isn't working.

jett

D-Member
Ah goddamnit PS3 version doesn't support custom soundtracks and you can't individually mute just the music. Thanks, whoever made this.

jett

D-Member
QisTopTier said:
Farms you are in deep shit, I'm slowly getting back into the grove of things on this game :D

I'll prob still die doing a random dumb mistake

hit me with an invite to the chat room plz, el_jett

kissenger

Banned
jett said:
Ah goddamnit PS3 version doesn't support custom soundtracks and you can't individually mute just the music. Thanks, whoever made this.

Yeah that annoyed me too. No individual SFX and BMG settings. This game is half-assed.

jett

D-Member
kissenger said:
Yeah that annoyed me too. No individual SFX and BMG settings. This game is half-assed.

yeah... btw they said you could disable those challenges prompts but i see no option for that either

AwShucks

So uh...has Capcom said anything about fixing the forever to find an opponent ranked game?

EDIT: The two games I have found so far have been perfect as far as lack of lag or GGPO rewind stuff goes.

Top Bottom