• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Anyone want to fight right now... I'm bout to get on

psn: armonix

The game is awesome but the lack of online filter options really sucks. I only had 1 lag free match the whole night and hate not being able to stop the match starting count down when you see the other player has a bad connection.

LakeEarth

Nothing more infuriating then having a GGPO-laggy match, with frames missing everywhere, yet your opponent still parries when he wants. How are you doing that?!?

Mike M

Nick N
striKeVillain! said:
Wow - I suck so bad at this game. I can't even do Dudley's first trial. :O
I can't get past the first hit on Beginner Parry 3, and even that I only parry maybe a quarter or third of the time.

Really wish there was some sort of rhythmn-game esque mechanism to visually show you the proper timing...

AwShucks

So yeah, up to five matches now. No lag issues, no GGPO issues, just the really long time it takes to find somebody to have a match with and actually get connected with in the first place.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
LakeEarth said:
Nothing more infuriating then having a GGPO-laggy match, with frames missing everywhere, yet your opponent still parries when he wants. How are you doing that?!?

Trans-dimensional parries are the new psychic DP.

kitzkozan

Mike M said:
I can't get past the first hit on Beginner Parry 3, and even that I only parry maybe a quarter or third of the time.

Really wish there was some sort of rhythmn-game esque mechanism to visually show you the proper timing...

There's a different rhythm to each attack, which can make it confusing. I had no problem with expert parry challenge 7 & 8, but have the hardest time with beginner 3 as well. :p Try out the Oro one which is expert challenge #7. You only need to mash those parries as fast as you can. Beginner 5 is super easy once you realize that you parry the hit the first, then delay a fraction of a second before the second one and on and on for the 5 hits. :) Some are slower sequences+fast sequences. This is one of the main reason why it take a long time to master the parrying. :p

For Ken shoryuken or Dudley's super, you have to parry the first hit before you actually see the attack, just as they crouch to deliver their blow.

jett

D-Member
bears mentioning that i never experienced ggpo-lag this bad on emulators, I don't know what's the deal with this game

jett said:
bears mentioning that i never experienced ggpo-lag this bad on emulators, I don't know what's the deal with this game
Played a ranked match, a tourney match and a few player matches with a gaffer that has great MvC3 matches with me, but the game lagged hardcore all throughout.

I'm willing to give it a few days...

jett

D-Member
SolarPowered said:
Played a ranked match, a tourney match and a few player matches with a gaffer that has great MvC3 matches with me, but the game lagged hardcore all throughout.

I'm willing to give it a few days...

Yeah, lag's so bad I simply can't do Ibuki's SA1. It just doesn't register.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Damn, no late night online for me tonight but I will be on early morning and from like 2-4pm eastern. Will host and invite then. Hugo and the horrible, terrible, no-good Gigas will be ready.

Dartastic

Really glad to see that rage quits are still in this game. Just had a Remy throw a sonic boom from across the screen, so I punished with an Abare Tosanami. He quit in mid combo. BOOOOO

Shearie

I guess I'm blessed by a higher being because it doesn't take me too long to find ranked matches. When I'm playing someone with a bad connection, I prefer the weird jittery teleporting compared to the stop/start of other fighting games like SSF4.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This game seems a lot buggier than it should be. I've had the music cut out fairly often for a round...

Ermac

Issues I'm having:

Long rank search time
Music cutting out
Weird tele lagging

Otherwise the game is great.

Aurarian

Kadey said:
That's on you guys. Stream was fine yesterday and it's fine on my end.

Send an FR to me or join the PS3 GAF Chat. I can invite people from there more easily.

Can you invite me? I've already added you on PSN.

Nevermind, saw the invite. Thanks!

smurfx

get some go again
i really gotta learn how to play this game. i missed the boat when it first came out. ive played a bit before but never learned any of the advanced stuff and i basically just played with ryu and ken and it was simple play at that. i think i'll learn chun li and just stick with her.

Gaspode_T

smurfx said:
i really gotta learn how to play this game. i missed the boat when it first came out. ive played a bit before but never learned any of the advanced stuff and i basically just played with ryu and ken and it was simple play at that. i think i'll learn chun li and just stick with her.

When people say they are "learning" a character it really means sort of advanced techniques, combos, etc.

For people new to this game or fighting games in general I would honestly go through three stages:

1) Play through single player games with ALL the characters until you've memorized all their special moves and executed them in matches.

2) Determine which characters you enjoy playing as or seem to have an easier time winning with.

3) Go through trials with those characters, start playing Player Matches against people, play local multiplayer and finally go online with ranked matches and prepare to still have your ass handed to you.

If you skip #1, honestly how can you predict what your opponent is going to do? You have to know at least a little bit about the enemy to be able to create a strategy towards them on the fly.

DRE Fei

The timing in this is a rough adjustment coming from other games. Makoto and Dudley feel so different in this. I prefer SF4, but I can see why people like 3s even though it's not my favorite.

Mike M

Nick N
Can't believe how badly Capcom dropped the ball in some aspects... No arcade interrupt feature and total inability to alter arcade mode settings (Well, the rounds can't be changed at any rate) is flabbergasting and inexcusable...

Ermac

Mike M said:
Earn vault points by completing challenges, spend in the vault.

Unlock Gill and dipswitched by beating the game with everyone/pay a buck each for DLC.

Cool thanks. Although the Gill unlock was free for me in the store ... I think. I dled it and can play as him.

Mike M

Nick N
Ermac said:
Cool thanks. Although the Gill unlock was free for me in the store ... I think. I dled it and can play as him.
Preorders on PSN got it for free, us lowly XBL users didn't get the opportunity : (

Mister Wilhelm said:
They need to fix this ranked matches bs immediately and make player lobbys have a custom amount of slots.
I'd rather see them focusing on making the experience smooth. Custom amount of slots does not matter with private slots active.

jett

D-Member
How do you guys feel about the new music? I'm not really feeling it much, other than Sean's stage which is a great remix. Everything else seems to electronica or a variant of it, so much more could've been done with 3S's fantastic soundtrack.

I really like the new title music tho.

Top Bottom