• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

oracrest

Sapiens said:
Dude, if you can find a cool way to superimpose Alex on my TC av, go for it.

Thanks for the offer.

A difficult request, here is the best I could come up with...

3rdavatars01.png

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Here is the key online issues that imo need to be fixed ASAP:

1: Fix the fucking match making and add a region filter so at least people can populate player match searches to connections that are in the same damn country.

2: Ranked should only be against people in your own region.

3: Fix the speed of finding matches in ranked

4: Replace the connection icons with proper ping values

5: If someone fucking drops on you in ranked YOU should NOT be given a loss. -_-

Arcblade

Banned
fubarduck said:
Basically it's

S: Chun/Yun/Ken
A: Makoto/Akuma/Yang/Dudley

EX Mantis is gdlk.

Akuma is hovering at the cusp there, isn't he?

Edit: My bad, lol.

Missed him in there. :p

ReEdit: Is Makoto considered lower than Ken? Last I heard, that was debated. Just curious.

RS4-

Fix matchmaking
Fix the options (round, timer, etc)
Fix the replay section. Replays remain in your system until you quit/turn off the 360 (unsure about ps3) If I had known that my replays would disappear, I'd have recorded them via my iphone or something (since the replay server is broken)

zlatko

Banned
I was so hyped to troll ranked with Sean, but it wasn't meant to be.

Still no word from Capcom on fixes or a patch incoming ? They need to do some damage control, because as it is I can't recommend this game to people.

RS4- said:
Fix matchmaking
Fix the replay section. Replays remain in your system until you quit/turn off the 360 (unsure about ps3) If I had known that my replays would disappear, I'd have recorded them via my iphone or something (since the replay server is broken)

Fix shitty YouTube uploads. That's my main gripe right now.

jtrov

I'm really loving this so far, even though I've never really been good at fighting games. I've been playing online since the release, and I haven't experienced any lag what so ever. Then again I've been creating Player Lobbies and going from there.

But wow, I am absolutely terrible at this game, yet it's always been my favorite Street Fighter. Maybe it's the ridiculous cast of characters, art style, animations, whatever, but I've always really enjoyed this game the most.

If anyone wants to get some casual / scrub action going I'm down for some games. I bought the XBLA version, so send an invite. My GT: jtrov

RS4- said:
Fix matchmaking
Also an audio indicator of when you've been matched for a ranked match. It can take FOREVER, and it's bad enough hearing that awful music on a constant loop without having to stare at that spinning wheel too. Just a little 'ding' when you've been matched would be fine.

RS4-

Red Liquorice said:
Also an audio indicator of when you've been matched for a ranked match. It can take FOREVER, and it's bad enough hearing that awful music on a constant loop without having to stare at that spinning wheel too. Just a little 'ding' when you've been matched would be fine.

Lol yeah, sometimes I'm just doing some reading and I have to look up every once and a while just to make sure I either found a match, still searching or didn't get into one.

hertog

ugh, I have a close to 10.000 bp blanka / 6.500 Guile with 2850 pp on SSF4. And I REALLY suck at SF3 :(

Thought I was finally somewhat decent at fighters.

jtrov said:
I'm really loving this so far, even though I've never really been good at fighting games. I've been playing online since the release, and I haven't experienced any lag what so ever. Then again I've been creating Player Lobbies and going from there.

But wow, I am absolutely terrible at this game, yet it's always been my favorite Street Fighter. Maybe it's the ridiculous cast of characters, art style, animations, whatever, but I've always really enjoyed this game the most.

If anyone wants to get some casual / scrub action going I'm down for some games. I bought the XBLA version, so send an invite. My GT: jtrov

Sounds great. I just got the game yesterday, missed the 3rd Strike train when it came out and am just now jumping on. I knew I was maining Hugo well before the game went up on live, so online's been a bit rough, to say the least. I'll hop on and send you an invite, GT's same as my name here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My personal fixes.

Custom soundtrack.
Connection Indicator bars like SFIV.
Not having main button for skipping. People accidentally pressing it all the time and having to move to the back of the line.
Custom borders. Option to get rid of all that stupid EXP stuff.

XenoRaven

hertog said:
ugh, I have a close to 10.000 bp blanka / 6.500 Guile with 2850 pp on SSF4. And I REALLY suck at SF3 :(

Thought I was finally somewhat decent at fighters.
The characters you play in IV explain a lot.

jtrov

Axelhortsemchi said:
Sounds great. I just got the game yesterday, missed the 3rd Strike train when it came out and am just now jumping on. I knew I was maining Hugo well before the game went up on live, so online's been a bit rough, to say the least. I'll hop on and send you an invite, GT's same as my name here.

Yeah, I really love the character design. Hugo is definitely a favorite of mine, but I never use him because I'm terrible with those style characters.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
RS4- said:
Fix matchmaking

You can save replays locally.

It's like SFIV in that it logs a lot of replays automatically to unsaved replay list. You can go in and save the ones you want to keep...

In fact, replays of *local* multiplayer games are saved this time, fixing the glaring oversight in Capcom's games so far.

LakeEarth

Red Liquorice said:
I can't believe they forgot this AGAIN! SF4 didn't have a 'ding' at first, but it was added in a patch. And they forgot to do it again? Ridiculous (different team, I know).

Also, you can change the music to the original rap by buying the old song in the vault, and pressing X (I think) to make it the default menu music.

Fallacy

Neo Member
Kadey said:
My personal fixes.

Custom soundtrack.
Connection Indicator bars like SFIV.
Not having main button for skipping. People accidentally pressing it all the time and having to move to the back of the line.
Custom borders. Option to get rid of all that stupid EXP stuff.
Custom borders would be cool. If only Capcom had thought of this.

so this is a trainwreck?

i tried the demo and couldn't get into it. GGPO is not magic, will people learn for next releases, or keep demanding it, i wonder? :)

CozMick

Banned
Augemitbutter said:
so this is a trainwreck?

i tried the demo and couldn't get into it. GGPO is not magic, will people learn for next releases, or keep demanding it, i wonder? :)

GGPO ain't the problem, it's Capcom's implementation of the lobbies and matchmaking.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The combo trials in all of Capcom's games are intended to be challenges to figure out how to do it, not just practice execution.

3SO drives that home by even giving you a tease about how you are suppose to do it when entering a trial, but not spelling it out.

LakeEarth

bob_arctor said:
haha sean basketball ftw
Achievement Unlocked: Sticks and Stones

Ken's trial 5 is so hard to figure out. You basically have to be in the perfect spot, cancel EX fireball into super late in the window where you're able to do it, and then when you land the first time, activate into super at the first frame possible. I probably tried it 100 times before the odd super "bounce" was just right both times.

oracrest said:
The PSN GAF chat invite, is that a permanent ongoing room that gaffers go to, or are you guys creating new ones? I haven't used the PSN chats/rooms before.

It's permanent, every time you log in PSN you can go to the same chat room.

ggs Q. I think Oro double jump is confusing :p. When you finally learn his unblockable then it gets scary.

Top Bottom