• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
Achievement Unlocked: Sticks and Stones

Ken's trial 5 is so hard to figure out. You basically have to be in the perfect spot, cancel EX fireball into super late in the window where you're able to do it, and then when you land the first time, cancel into super at the first frame possible. I probably tried it 100 times before the odd super "bounce" was just right both times.
wasn't me though! somebody here named shin mikhail.

RS4-

Kaijima said:
You can save replays locally.

It's like SFIV in that it logs a lot of replays automatically to unsaved replay list. You can go in and save the ones you want to keep...

In fact, replays of *local* multiplayer games are saved this time, fixing the glaring oversight in Capcom's games so far.
I'll have to check again but I'm sure the replays I had saved were gone.

Degen

Kadey said:
Some highlights from last night.

Me vs Rockwell.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293442114

Rockwell vs Q.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293443043

Xyshin vs Gian.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293462735

Q vs Rockwell.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/293462952

Everyone follow. Hosting lobby again later tonight.
I'll try to be nice this time
lGR7Q.png

SolarPowered said:
This really gets to me...
The producer of this game was an SBO qualifier for Blazblue. Someone in a position of power actually plays other games! Shame they didn't take any cues from them regarding trial demonstrations though.

Ferrio

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
Also an audio indicator of when you've been matched for a ranked match. It can take FOREVER, and it's bad enough hearing that awful music on a constant loop without having to stare at that spinning wheel too. Just a little 'ding' when you've been matched would be fine.

Changing the menu music to classic was the best thing I did. Assholes for hiding that from me. I went insane with the previous song.

Chavelo said:
It would be nice if I could just replay a combo with the press of a button, but thanks for the link.

hmm
_dementia said:
The producer of this game was an SBO qualifier for Blazblue. Someone in a position of power actually plays other games! Shame they didn't take any cues from them regarding trial demonstrations though.
Having replays available at the touch of a button is awesome. I loved watching the crazy ass combos I could never do in BlazBlue.

Oh well

jtrov

Umm, has this happened to anyone? So I was playing an online match, and I guess the other people in the lobby left, so it was just me and the other guy. The game hung after we decided to "rematch", but after awhile the match begun except the colors were messed up and I was controlling his character and he was controlling mine. Then after the match we get out into the lobby and both are disconnect percentages are well above the million mark now. Even though I haven't quit out of any game. WTF...

Mikhal

You can get VP for playing online and completing those sidebar challenges. I'm just playing normally and I got a bunch of VP from it.

Coming from someone that skipped SFIII and its iterations... I'm really shocked at how much more strict the timing is for EX moves than IV. Shit is annoying!

Deps

I don't understand what people were expecting GGPO to do. If your connection sucks, your ports aren't forwarded, or you play people with bad connections it will be bad. No netcode can fix that. As it stands the netcode is a lot better than SF4/Marvel. AE is ok if people are close but playing vs people cross country is unplayable. The rewinds, weird graphical glitches, and so on that ggpo introduces, at least to me, is much better than input delay.

I've only been playing sets with people in private matches so I don't know about the matchmaking but I hope it gets fixed.

LakeEarth

Speaking of earning VP, how the hell are you supposed to finish Handicap challenge #5? You have 0 health, and you're against expert AI that reads inputs.

oracrest

SephirothRK said:
It's permanent, every time you log in PSN you can go to the same chat room.

ggs Q. I think Oro double jump is confusing :p. When you finally learn his unblockable then it gets scary.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I sent QiTopTier a message about it, is he the one organizing that?

GrayFoxPL

ProtoCents said:
Coming from someone that skipped SFIII and its iterations... I'm really shocked at how much more strict the timing is for EX moves than IV. Shit is annoying!

Yeah! I could swear it was easier on the dreamcast.
I don't get how it works. You push lp+lk for throw - works every time. hp+hk for taunt - no problem. You do special with mp+hp - fucking thing never works.

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Speaking of earning VP, how the hell are you supposed to finish Handicap challenge #5? You have 0 health, and you're against expert AI that reads inputs.

The closest I got was around 30% of his health, doing jump back, or neutral jump fireballs. I also threw in sweeps whenever he whiffed DP's.

I tried to find a pattern like I did with the Alex one before it. For the Alex one, after I did one lunge punch to do a knock down, I would do two jump back fierces in the air, then land and do a fierce lunge punch. For whatever reason this always worked and alex never blocked it.

There must be a similar one with Ryu.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
I don't get how it works. You push lp+lk for throw - works every time. hp+hk for taunt - no problem. You do special with mp+hp - fucking thing never works.
Oh so im not the only one having issues with EX moves?
I use the L1 and L2 buttons lolz

ShaneB

Friendly reminder to 360 players, easiest way to get a lobby going... add the gamertag GAF 3S, and using the view friends of friend feature, you'll see a whole bunch of Gaffers who added this tag and are likely online playing 3S :) send em invites!

zlatko

Banned
Fersis said:
Oh so im not the only one having issues with EX moves?
I use the L1 and L2 buttons lolz

Huh, weird. I thought it was just maybe I needed tighter execution, but is there maybe some kind of issue then for real with ex versions of moves, or maybe we are all just ass at execution ?

GrayFoxPL said:
I have the same problem sometimes

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LakeEarth said:
Ken's trial 5 is so hard to figure out. You basically have to be in the perfect spot, cancel EX fireball into super late in the window where you're able to do it, and then when you land the first time, activate into super at the first frame possible. I probably tried it 100 times before the odd super "bounce" was just right both times.

How do you do Ken's Trial 4, the Elena only combo? Better yet, are there video references for these trials yet? I tried looking online, but I couldn't find any.

oracrest said:
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I sent QisTopTier a message about it, is he the one organizing that?

He made the chat room but anyone who has access to the chat room can invite someone on their friend list. I sent you a chat invite on the first day I think. If you don't have it, I can send you another one.

GuardianE said:
How do you do Ken's Trial 4, the Elena only combo? Better yet, are there video references for these trials yet? I tried looking online, but I couldn't find any.

http://www.youtube.com/vesperarcade#p/c/9C6AAC21FBD2E3E6/1/plkXYsh6wIs

LakeEarth

zlatko said:
The closest I got was around 30% of his health, doing jump back, or neutral jump fireballs. I also threw in sweeps whenever he whiffed DP's.
There's a trick with Gill where if you knock him down, you can do a DP just as he wakes up to stuff whatever random poke he sticks out. Maybe that'll work here. Didn't think to try that.

GuardianE said:
It is really tight. You have to hit Elena in such a way that the last kick of the EX hurricane kick crosses up, and then immediately go to super. It's probably 1 frame.

And I miss EX moves sometimes too. I think the "plink" window in this game is much smaller.

GrayFoxPL

zlatko said:
Huh, weird. I thought it was just maybe I needed tighter execution, but is there maybe some kind of issue then for real with ex versions of moves, or maybe we are all just ass at execution ?

I can do 720 with Hugo on the ground without problem but getting Alex's EX elbow is miracle. I open champagne every time it happens.

Zapages

great matches aurarian. :) I am still trying to get out of the SFIV mold a bit with the game as I was trying to do those SF4 set ups lol.

RS4-

LakeEarth said:

Challenge 5 is far easier than the Yun-Alex one. Ryu throws a lot of fireballs so they're easy to jump in and punish.

dwu8991

Banned
ShaneB said:
Friendly reminder to 360 players, easiest way to get a lobby going... add the gamertag GAF 3S, and using the view friends of friend feature, you'll see a whole bunch of Gaffers who added this tag and are likely online playing 3S :) send em invites!

So what's the PS3 GAF 3S Lobby equivalent?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
oracrest said:
Great job dude!

Thanks a lot! The more I see it the more his huge bulging right eye is bothering the shit out of me though, I'm gonna have to fix that :|

jtrov

Thanks for the games guys! I gotta leave for work, but I'll be on later tonight.

But wow, am I terrible. Lol, I really got to figure out who I want to main.

Top Bottom