• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'm going to Dragon Con in Atlanta this weekend, but after that Im getting my PS3 hardrive in (finally!) and will be able to play this damn game (finally!)

Very excited.

Not so excited about all my lost file saves though (not looking forward to replaying the first 20 hours of FF XIII, ugh)

Mikor

voodoopanda said:
I got completely and utterly shut down by a Sean online. Gunna choose to believe tier lists don't mean nothin to avoid being too demoralized.

They don't, unless you're a very high level player. Just relax and enjoy the technical perfection that is 3rd Strike :)

TxdoHawk

Kioshen said:
You have to do the J.HP close to the head like right before you land so that you chain into cr.HP then cancel into Tatsu.

Sometimes it's best to split combos into parts and then assemble it later. Work on nailing the cr.HP xx Tatsu section at least 10 times in a row then add the jumping part.

Thank you, I'll give this a shot when I get home.

Kioshen

Number45 said:
That particular trial has a standing jab in there as well, I think it would be easy enough without it.

I thought he was talking about Ryu's trial not Akuma's ? I love doing the standing Jab reset setup with Akuma.

Number45

Kioshen said:
I thought he was talking about Ryu's trial not Akuma's ? I love doing the standing Jab reset setup with Akuma.
Hmm, now I'm not sure if I'm getting mixed up or not - it might be Akuma now that you mention it.

Raging Spaniard said:
I'm going to Dragon Con in Atlanta this weekend, but after that Im getting my PS3 hardrive in (finally!) and will be able to play this damn game (finally!)

Very excited.

Not so excited about all my lost file saves though (not looking forward to replaying the first 20 hours of FF XIII, ugh)
My condolences.

Boney

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Think I'm slowly but surely getting used to this parrying business.

That seems to be the biggest thing I'm having trouble getting used to. Otherwise, I already feel at home with the game. Maybe because I'm playing Makoto and the flow of the match with her isn't too different in 3S than it is in AE. She has to worry more about safe jumps and option selects in AE, but in both games she's generally about getting your back on the ground and fucking your shit up.

I still got my shit wrecked by people who've obviously played the game before recently, though. I got completely destroyed earlier by a Chun that was doing all kinds of crazy super jump cancel shit. But I feel like king of the noobs otherwise, lol.
fun match I enjoyed it :)

jman2050

I really need to practice my motions from the left side. Right now from the right side I can do stuff like s.mp s.lk hayate pretty easily and can do karakusa -> s.HP -> SA2 in my sleep, but I still struggle getting SA2 or fukiages to even register from the left.

Still practicing that 100% stun combo, slowly but surely.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sorry I wasn't around last night even though I set the stream and lobby up. Went to sleep "early."

Could start another later tonight but I might be like really drunk or really really drunk.

Number45

Posted: http://www.capcom-unity.com/lunch/b..._third_strike_online_edition_dlc_announcement ?

Derek Neal, the producer on Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition, has some juicy tidbits about DLC coming out for the game:

Hi guys,

We’ve been getting a lot of questions from fans about what DLC we’re going to be offering for SF3. Today, I’m happy to be able answer those questions!

First off, “Color Pack 1” will be launching next week, on September 6th/7th. The price for this is $2.99, and buying this one pack will add 7 new colors for each character! The colors are available in pretty much all modes, but can’t be seen by people who haven’t purchased the DLC. (Also, we weren’t able to save the color palettes in replay files, so please be aware of that.)

In addition to “Color Pack 1” (and future color packs), we’re proud to announce several other DLC offerings today, which should be showing up in the next month or so.

The first of those announcements is: a set of Music Packs(!), which add new songs. Specifically, they add…all the character themes from the first two Street Fighter IIIgames, “New Generation” and “Second Impact”! But wait, there’s more. In addition to the Unlock Keys, Color Packs, and Music Packs, we’re also going to be offering Match Packs.

As some of you may know, we held a semi-secret tournament at the CAPCOM offices earlier this year, and called it Fight For the Future, 2011. We invited 16 high level SF3 players from all around the world to participate, including 4 from Japan. With these Match Packs, we are now going to bring that tournament straight to you, in the comfort of your living room. Each pack comes stocked with over an hour worth of content, and every single match is accompanied by professional commentary, recorded by the one and only: James Chen! Finally, there will be two of these Match Packs. One will cover the entire Tournament Top 8, while the other is a “best bouts” pack stocked with all the hypest matches from the event. Look forward to it later this year!

Cheers,

Derek

Can't wait for colour pack 2.

EDIT: Match packs sound interesting, if the price is right.

Not buying the colors, but maybe I'll buy the music. They really need the stages though. Oh, and the match pack sounds cool actually, but I'll probably just watch it on youtube if someone uploads it.

LowParry

Mak and Duds I love in this game. And going to stick with them. Also, getting in a parry on a shoto from a fireball to move in for the punish is a wonderful feeling :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
_dementia said:
My condolences.

Yeah, bad thing is that even if I like the game, having to replay a 20 hour tutorial is brutal.

I still like the story though, its a great concept. And I like how the characters have actual stories separate from the main character focus.

I like the idea for music DLC. Dunno if adding the stages is feasible, since that would require some reworking of the game to get them in, such as dealing with multi tiered stages and shit like that .. so I dont expect them to be offered.

Number45

Anyone got any tips on cancelling Dudley's Duck Upper (took me forever to fucking realise that the kick/kick icons with a space mean ONE AFTER THE OTHER! >_<) into Corkscrew Blow. I can get it out after the second hit of the upper but by then the combo has reset, and looking at the VA guide it definitely needs to happen after the first hit.

Also, TxdoHawk, my apologies I was mixing the Ryu trial with the Akuma one as someone suggested.

EDIT: I assume I need to use the HCF motion of the upper as the first QCF motion of the super?

RS4-

Number45 said:
Anyone got any tips on cancelling Dudley's Duck Upper (took me forever to fucking realise that the kick/kick icons with a space mean ONE AFTER THE OTHER! >_<) into Corkscrew Blow. I can get it out after the second hit of the upper but by then the combo has reset, and looking at the VA guide it definitely needs to happen after the first hit.

Also, TxdoHawk, my apologies I was mixing the Ryu trial with the Akuma one as someone suggested.

Which trial is this? I always do it with both upper hits as the first hit cancel is pretty annoying to do (along with the hp jet upper cancel if you try to do it on the first hit)

RS4-

Number45 said:
Only trial 2. :(

cr.roundhouse > duck upper xx corkscrew blow.

Someone who doesn't suck doing it.

I personally do the super motion during the 2 hits of the upper. In the video its after both hits.

For the empty duck xx super, I use the duck as the first motion, then use a second qcf to complete the super motion.

edit - need more combo trials, 5 per char isn't enough.

Lol I just did the trial and only got 4 hits and it worked fine. Maybe you're doing the wrong punch for the super or cancelling too late? The punch dictates the distance.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET GREEN NAT??? (not puke green NAT) I put ps3 in the dmz and everything. This is the only game I have ever had a problem with. I host a game and no one ever shows up... I just want to play a 2 person game with a random... wtf man.

Also someone invite me to the ps3 gaf chat.
halp

Number45

Thanks for the tips people. I actually managed to do the trial once, and I'm fairly confident I've got the timing of the button presses correct - I think it's my execution of the H/QCF motions that's letting me down at the moment, but I can work on that (don't suppose there's an input display a la SF4 replays is there?).

More than anything I'm encouraged by the fact that I've spent pretty much two hours tonight on the same thing, determined to get it right. I'm sure it's nothing for you guys, but for me to show that amount of dedication with such a small amount of progress is unheard of. ^^

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MThanded said:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET GREEN NAT??? (not puke green NAT) I put ps3 in the dmz and everything. This is the only game I have ever had a problem with. I host a game and no one ever shows up... I just want to play a 2 person game with a random... wtf man.

Also someone invite me to the ps3 gaf chat.
halp
halp!!!!!

oracrest

Ferrio said:
Ya just found that site, looks accurate. *Thats* why I'm scared playing against hugo. If I get in his face his throw will beat mine cleanly.

His grapples and throws have incredible priority. And the 360 grab has a strangely large range on it.

Hitokage said:
I don't think 3S supports plinking. If the buttons aren't hit on the same frame it may not count as a simultaneous like in SF4.
I'm talking about EX moves, not plinking. I never had this problem on GGPO, PS2, DC or even the XBOX. Something is off with this game. And some here already mention having EX command issues.

AwShucks

I actually had a string of ranked games last night that had little to no lag and all matches were found within 30 seconds of starting the search.

I was so amazed by this that I didn't want to stop playing. But alas, I had to. I hope I can get similar results tonight.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ShinobiFist said:
I'm talking about EX moves, not plinking. I never had this problem on GGPO, PS2, DC or even the XBOX. Something is off with this game. And some here already mention having EX command issues.

I believe plinking in AE is a side effect of the game being lenient when it comes to pushing two buttons at the same for ex moves. 3S doesn't have this leniency.

GrayFoxPL

Lost Fragment said:
I believe plinking in AE is a side effect of the game being lenient when it comes to pushing two buttons at the same for ex moves. 3S doesn't have this leniency.

It does have for throws and taunts, you can push the 2 buttons for them slow, quick one after another and it will come out, but ex? Nope. Shit sucks.

Grokbu

GrayFoxPL said:
It does have for throws and taunts, you can push the 2 buttons for them slow, quick one after another and it will come out, but ex? Nope. Shit sucks.
Now I'm not sure, but couldn't that be because you're kara-cancelling normals into throw or taunt, but the same thing doesn't work for ex moves since you input a special?

Anyway. I'm having trouble with ex moves on this version too, but that might be because I recently switched to sanwa buttons from seimitsu, so I haven't gotten used to multi button presses yet. Have same problem in Garou MoTW when A+B cancelling moves too.

Grokbu said:
Now I'm not sure, but couldn't that be because you're kara-cancelling normals into throw or taunt, but the same thing doesn't work for ex moves since you input a special?

Anyway. I'm having trouble with ex moves on this version too, but that might be because I recently switched to sanwa buttons from seimitsu, so I haven't gotten used to multi button presses yet. Have same problem in Garou MoTW when A+B cancelling moves too.

Is not the buttons man, is the game. I try Happ, Semi and Sanwas. I recently booted up my PC to play this, and no problems with EX commands. But on the PS3 and 360, problems. Not all the times, but it happens.

Grokbu

ShinobiFist said:
Is not the buttons man, is the game. I try Happ, Semi and Sanwas. I recently booted up my PC to play this, and no problems with EX commands. But on the PS3 and 360, problems. Not all the times, but it happens.
I see. Sucks that this problem exists. It's very annoying when it happens mid combo.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
ShinobiFist said:

What's funny is in the VesperArcade videos (some posted earlier) with the trials for all the characters, the guy uses the 3x punch/kick buttons for all the EX moves. That's the only way I can guarantee they come out too. There really is something weird with executing EX moves in this.

edit: I checked his Ryu trials and even the first trial, the very basic crouching forward into ex fireball, he uses the 3x punch button. Would anyone really do that in a match for crouching forward into ex fireball?

RS4-

SolarKnight said:
How does Yang's trial 4 even work? x_X

They all do, it's jsut a bit finicky for some of them.

More annoying when you do the right moves but the damn thing doesn't register.

SolarKnight said:
How does Yang's trial 4 even work? x_X

I did this last night. You gotta do it exactly how vesperarcade did it. There is no other way. Super right after the short at the first frame possible. Any later and it wont combo. Also make you you put Chun Li in the corner with a little space between her and the wall.

Well, what I meant by that is, HOW THE HELL DO I DO IT?! x___x

In all the times I tried they never fell off the super like in VesperArcade's video, do I have to it even early than I already do or something?

Also, what's the easiest way to get 5? I have trouble with the L slashes reaching, the M slashes just give me the 3rd slash rather than resetting when I try it, and H...haven't really tried them IIRC.

EDIT:

crimzonflame said:
I did this last night. You gotta do it exactly how vesperarcade did it. There is no other way. Super right after the short at the first frame possible. Any later and it wont combo. Also make you you put Chun Li in the corner with a little space between her and the wall.

Thanks!

Top Bottom