• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

SolarKnight said:
Well, what I meant by that is, HOW THE HELL DO I DO IT?! x___x

In all the times I tried they never fell off the super like in VesperArcade's video, do I have to it even early than I already do or something?

Also, what's the easiest way to get 5? I have trouble with the L slashes reaching, the M slashes just give me the 3rd slash rather than resetting when I try it, and H...haven't really tried them IIRC.

Yeah do the super as fast as possible after the standing short. Make sure there is some space between the wall and Chun in the corner.

Trial 5 just do [QCF H, QCF L] x 3.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'm late on this, and I'll get to colors next week ... but the sketch is nice enough to show, I think.

makoto_pencils_02.jpg

Edit: Fixed the image, now she has a right foot! (you can see the old one on the quoted post, for the lolz)

Raging Spaniard said:
I'm late on this, and I'll get to colors next week ... but the sketch is nice enough to show, I think.

makoto_pencils.jpg

This is a great picture, but she seems to have 2 left feet. Thought I should mention before you add colour.

mattp

would it really have killed then to put the entire classic sf3 theme song in the game instead of fading it out in the middle of the second verse? ugh
also, make the classic character select song loop the chorus like it's supposed to

mattp said:
would it really have killed then to put the entire classic sf3 theme song in the game instead of fading it out in the middle of the second verse? ugh
also, make the classic character select song loop the chorus like it's supposed to

I agree.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
NearRivers said:
This is a great picture, but she seems to have 2 left feet. Thought I should mention before you add colour.

Holy shit she does!!!!

Lol, now Im embarrassed. Jesus.

terrier_1.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So when Urien throws you and does aegis and hops over it's one of his unblockables, right? 'cause damned if I can block that when I run into someone who does it.

Raging Spaniard said:

makoto_pencils_02.jpg

Edit: Fixed the image, now she has a right foot! (you can see the old one on the quoted post, for the lolz)

It's looking awesome :D

lol @ the two left feet thing XD

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Raging Spaniard said:
Holy shit she does!!!!

Lol, now Im embarrassed. Jesus.

terrier_1.jpg

LOL don't worry. I cannot believe how many times I've drawn a character with crossed up legs only to find I penciled two left or two right feet.

Lost Fragment said:
So when Urien throws you and does aegis and hops over it's one of his unblockables, right? 'cause damned if I can block that when I run into someone who does it.
When he does Forawrd + MK after hopping over. The best solution is to get out of that, is quick roll from the throw. If you get to fail to roll out, you can parry the first hit when you wakeup and throw Urien if he attempts to Forward + MK.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah seems most the times when I lose in ranked it's against some frame skipping like made guy. Makes it so I can't react properly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Makoto is fucking crazy in this game.

In other news, I can't believe I can name videos pretty much whatever I want.

Cloudius12 said:
When he does Forawrd + MK after hopping over. The best solution is to get out of that, is quick roll from the throw. If you get to fail to roll out, you can parry the first hit when you wakeup and throw Urien if he attempts to Forward + MK.

Good to know. Thanks.

Number45

worldrevolution said:
What's funny is in the VesperArcade videos (some posted earlier) with the trials for all the characters, the guy uses the 3x punch/kick buttons for all the EX moves. That's the only way I can guarantee they come out too. There really is something weird with executing EX moves in this.

edit: I checked his Ryu trials and even the first trial, the very basic crouching forward into ex fireball, he uses the 3x punch button. Would anyone really do that in a match for crouching forward into ex fireball?
I thought I noticed this last night. Weird, because at the beginning of each trial video he displays this image:

:s

hiro4

did some trials yesterday.
Or more accurately I tried to do them.
I just can't pull them off on the PS3 controller, my thumb went sore within 15 minutes.

I'm a former shell of my Dreamcast period self.
Can't wait till my stick arrives and then I'll probably have to re-learn everything again :(.

But this game is worth it.

I feel like the dev team took advantage of the FGC and sold us a broken piece of shit.

The game itself is fine, but don't call your game "Online Edition" when the "Online" part of it fucking sucks.

now there's a backlash against GGPO because of it. sheesh.

Kioshen

Wizpig said:
I see teleporting people. not in the Akuma sense. fuck GGPO, glad that SFxTK is not going to use it.

GGPO is not the problem. GGPO won't magically fix routers not configured properly, crappy upload speeds, high latency and poor matchmaking implementation.

Smision said:
I feel like the dev team took advantage of the FGC and sold us a broken piece of shit.

The game itself is fine, but don't call your game "Online Edition" when the "Online" part of it fucking sucks.
Yep. I can't stand this shitty online.

I was even able put up with Marvel for a week, but this is just atrocious.

I can't believe I bought into the hype. Will definitely wait and see on anything else this company releases.

mattp

i wish they hadn't paired the WORST matchmaking ever w/ ggpo
they completely ruined peoples' perception of ggpo

Raging Spaniard

mattp said:
i wish they hadn't paired the WORST matchmaking ever w/ ggpo
they completely ruined peoples' perception of ggpo

HDR used GGPO as well right? I was not a fan of characters teleporting all over the place :(

mattp

Raging Spaniard said:
HDR used GGPO as well right? I was not a fan of characters teleporting all over the place :(
i think hdr used it's own netcode that was based on the same idea as ggpo, but wasn't actually ggpo

or something like that

also, unless the person has a really bad connection(for me at least), ggpo is lightyears better because the game runs at full speed. i hated sf4 online because it ran slower, so i felt like i had to relearn everything. making sf4 online and offline 2 different games

Raging Spaniard said:

I don't think it used GGPO specifically, because they made a point of saying they didn't use it but used their own rollback implementation (which was a million times worse than this).

USD

Raging Spaniard said:
I don't think it did, I'm pretty sure the first Capcom title to use it was Final Fight: Double Impact.

LakeEarth

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, it's good practice to quick stand after Urien throws you every time. Good Urien's will have a plan to punish this, but it's better than getting stuck in an unblockable.

Raging Spaniard

Dark Octave said:
LOL! I hate it when things like that happens. It does look good though.

Lol I know, I liked how that foot came out too :(

Thanks for the clarification guys. Seems like the one real issue concerning gameplay is that EX moves unreliability thing.

Kioshen

hikarutilmitt said:
I don't think it used GGPO specifically, because they made a point of saying they didn't use it but used their own rollback implementation (which was a million times worse than this).

Yup HDR didn't use GGPO but their own implementation of the rollback idea.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
On the Xbox, where do you enter your Youtube account details?

Even without it you can upload to Youtube, but I can't find my replays by searching... where do they go? :(

ShaneB

Kioshen said:
GGPO is not the problem. GGPO won't magically fix routers not configured properly, crappy upload speeds, high latency and poor matchmaking implementation.

This. If people are teleporting around, it means someone is laggy as all hell. Shit in, shit out as the old saying goes.

Kai Dracon

McBradders said:
On the Xbox, where do you enter your Youtube account details?

Even without it you can upload to Youtube, but I can't find my replays by searching... where do they go? :(

They all go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition

Because Microsoft is shitty and won't allow Capcom to place exterior account login pages within an XBLA game. Capcom had no choice.

Put a custom name on your replay with your XBL tag or such then go to that channel and search all uploads to find a direct link.

As for the "horrible online", they claimed almost on day one that the first full page for the game would address the matchmaking settings. The thing is, this was an American producer and not a trolling Japanese dude not allowed to say anything real, so the explanation of why matchmaking in ranked is broken kind of makes sense. (They done goofed on the ratio of hosts to clients in ranked.)

Having said that, if they're going to patch it, they DO need to add filters to ranked for region and world settings. We'll see; they do get one chance to fix this shit. The USA producing team came through on everything else. I'll give them until their patch before passing judgement.

mattp

has anyone noticed people online are sort of idiots when it comes to tournaments?
every time i set up tournaments SO many people join as the 2nd slot, wait like 15 seconds, and then quit. do they not get that the tournament mode won't start until 2 more people join?(4 player tourny, obviously)

edit:
also, is there really no offline tournament mode? it always bugged me that NO fighting games seem to have tournament support. every time i have a party we try to set up tournaments but doing the brackets, especially w/ double elimination, sucks if you have a lot of people lol
seems like such a simple(and awesome) feature no one ever adds

Kai Dracon

LakeEarth said:
It's funny that if they let us select to host or to find a host like every other Capcom fighter, there wouldn't be a problem.

It's as if someone had the mistaken notion to try and make the process streamlined as possible with the better netcode in place so it appeared "seamless". Without realizing the problems that happened with "quick match" fighting games in the field because of how fast one on one host slots are filled and vanish.

FYI, a big part of the problem seems to be how the online services work this gen. I've read the claim that developers don't have a lot of control over pinging for information, like available players waiting for games. They have to use a standard request of some sort, then wait for a predefined chunk of data, with a predefined number of users, with a predefined window in which those clients and hosts are available.

And then there's some technical certification requirement that if a link to a host fails, the user must see a big ol' confirmation window with a button to press and get backed out - essentially a UI convention for THE STUPIDS who dun' no why thar game dun' workin' and dey din' get it to startin' up. So no instant retry for another match without backing out and going through some form of confirmation request screen or pop-up.

It all doesn't work so well with fighting games due to the one on one nature of ranked, random matchups.

LakeEarth said:
It's funny that if they let us select to host or to find a host like every other Capcom fighter, there wouldn't be a problem.
The problem is every Capcom fighting game is seemingly developed in a vacuum and therefore cannot learn from one another.

Ugh, so backwards.

Top Bottom