• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

God damn I love this game so much!

Even when I'm losing I love it.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

So many characters are fun to use. Game feels silky smooth.

Always good to wash the taste of SF4 out of my mouth with some Poison. :q

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
LakeEarth said:
GGPO makes me want to pull my hair out. I just lost a game where it said "KO" in my favour 3 fucking times in a row.
ha! I checked your win/loss record. you can stand to lose a few.

LakeEarth

bob_arctor said:
ha! I checked your win/loss record. you can stand to lose a few.
Haha, thanks. And that's with picking random for anyone under a rank of 5.

I just beat an Oro that uppercutted at every opportunity. Let me count.

Round 1 - 8 times
Round 2 - 7 times
15 times total, holy hell.

I am ashamed to say he got me down to the orange in both rounds. Seriously though, who expects someone to do that shit. I'll upload it when the youtube thing is working (it seems to work off and on).

Azure J

_dementia said:

He was right before. :p

3s Makoto + MvC3 Dante for life.

Edit: Urien is cool too. And how did I forget the hype twin Yang? Mantis slash -> dash shenanigans all day, err day.

El Sloth

Banned
I <3 this Elena on the IPW stream. My new hero.

Also, watching high level Urien > high level Makoto. Except when J is playing.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:

Seriously agree. Urien is cocaine. Back when 3S was just on GGPO on PC I never touched him, because people just bodied me so free, and I had no training mode to just feel it out for myself.

I've had so many just GOD LIKE comebacks with him. I love his dash, I love his combos, his voice, and that black color alt with glowing red eyes is so sick.

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:
I really need to sit down with with Urien. He's one of the only characters where my hands just don't handle him right.

It helps to play him with your balls out on the stick. Gootecks style.

zlatko

Banned
Good shit to haunts for this stream.

Still watching, and as always god like music choices. Best part of tonight so far was that Ken taunt finish on that one round.

Looking forward to more of these in the future. Any ideas for who you want to try and get on in the future?

I don't think anyone but you guys would find this amusing but...

to beat Necro's last trial I set a metronome to 104 beats per minute and followed it to juggle Urien. lulz Music and games collide!

USD

Ryan Hunter is the saltiest 3S player on the planet.
Ferrio said:
Why is there shitty music on the stream! Bah it's killing it for me.
Wut. Haunts's music choice are impeccable.

Ferrio

Banned
USD said:
Ryan Hunter is the saltiest 3S player on the planet.

Wut. Haunts's music choice are impeccable.

First, I don't like any music that plays over a game, even if it was music I like. Second that music sucked, sounded like I should of been stuck in an elevator.

dock

I wish the trials gave me some feedback. Early, late, or at least showed me my input stream. :( I can't do even the basic set of parry tutorials, I always fail on the dragon punch. :(

I'm not enjoying the online gameplay of this much. I feel as though it kicks me out into menus too often. I just want to play online continually, and stay online. Instead it feels clunky to connect, have a game, then exit. I really like SF4's ability to interrupt single player, because at least I get to play the game between matches.

Starting to feel as though I'll never enjoy fighting games except when played in person, and people I know don't seem to play anymore.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
lmao the real stream was over I was just playing a dicking around in itunes. the archives have some good commentary in them with pherai. if you're interested in strats and how top players approach the game check it out.

ill do this again next week around the same time. the power was out in san diego so we lost a few heads. T_T

Kioshen

Wasn't able to stay awake to watch the stream live since I start working early in the morning :(. At least I'll have something awesome to watch at lunch hour :D.

Got my first rage mic spam on xbl over my scrubby Denjin Ryu. Not my fault you can't parry a few reps or escape my shoddy setups. You're doing something wrong if I'm able to stun your Hugo buddy.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
good games to any and all GAF peeps I just played! My Q finally got some wins and Hugo was catchin' wreck. Will be on tonight for a bit before the wife gets home.

Mikhal

GGs arctor. Also to Juddermang. Had a really close one that lead to a staredown for the final hit. Sadly, Oro's EX anti-air reigned supreme.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Mikhal said:
GGs arctor. Also to Juddermang. Had a really close one that lead to a staredown for the final hit. Sadly, Oro's EX anti-air reigned supreme.

GGs man. My Oro is really shaky but I love playing him.

zlatko

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/user/sf3onlineedition#p/u/54/re5yKcce1aA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVc7POPMeLk&feature=channel_video_title

Me trying to level up and the only footage of me beating a Chun Li I have.

Playing this game online for ranked is a struggle. Either I destroy someone or they destroy me. Rarely is there a close match. I mean I have matches where I am taken down to the wire, but the second I knock them down I can mount a comeback easy peesy. If you get put into the corner you can honestly put the stick down against some characters that's how bad your chances to get out are.

Makoto, Yun, and Chun when they trap me in the corner as Urien, is a damn near instant game over for that round. All three just sit in this range where they can poke you and confirm into damage/mix ups. Yun probably made the corner the worst for me, because one fuck up on his corner shit and I get tossed right into Genei for eating 60% health, I'm still in the corner, and he's got another free mix up.

As I played today anytime I fought someone rank 20+ it was ALWAYS Chun Li or Yun. Never fought ANYONE that high that wasn't one. I had more games than I could count today too where I eek out the win at the end of the round, hear KO, then eat shit and lose because of that stupid bug. I had the game freeze on me to go to a straight up lock up. ;(

I do feel I'm getting better though. I'm less scared to parry, but I'm still not doing it as much as I need to be in obvious situations. I hate that hard tatsu's are safe unless you parry, so I need to start work in a parry for those more.

Oh, anyone know what the "trick" or timing is for getting a crouching fierce after a jump fierce or jump rh? I try to do it as late as possible, but it still won't land consistently. Sort of wondering if it's even worth going for.

Oh man, getting bodied that bad against my main is so depressing...

Although seeing that the others are having trouble too makes it less bad >.>

GGs to the guys I was playing.

It's annoying trying to play at night with a stick trying to not wake evereyone up, you consciously try to make less noise so you play slower than usual >.>

Top Bottom