• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
If Karin gets better AA then I want Cammy to get her instant air dive kicks back, and make them overheads too.

Xeteh

Agreed. She has an invul dp, and a *really* good anti-air normal if you got the timing down. She's fine especially when you consider all her other tools.

giphy.gif

Sheroking

Karin's st.hp is a good anti-air against most unambiguous jump-ins. EX Ressenha, much like Rashid's EX Spinning Mixer, is a great invincible reversal that hits at a very distinct angle. Strong, but not as universally good as lots of other DP reversals.

Her anti-airs are not the strongest in the game, but they shouldn't be. She controls the ground as well as any other character.

It's clear, though, that's she is an aggressively honest character. Nothing about her is bullshit - just really solid. I enjoy that because I like playing defensive, reactionary games and feeling like I outplayed my opponent.

Karin has the best button in the game, no pity for her

EDIT: Button. I read that as buttons.

st.mk is the jesus button, no argument from me.

Razzorn34

I am. I wasn't impressed by what I saw. If he does well 2 tournaments from now I'll eat my words.

No, they are fine. You want the character to be perfect or something? It's like that poster here who keeps insisting that Bison needed buffs on offense. Characters that are already strong don't need to be given extra tools.

Anti-airs are basic things. You make it sound like I want Tenko to be -2 on block or something. I just want a reliable way to make the opponent stop jumping at me, and I don't have that. Even spaced correctly, her anti-airs still lose too often.

I'm not sure if either of my sticks would work with this game on PC but I'll probably pick it up sometime soon.

The game currently only supports xinput devices, but there are ways to get it to work even if your stick only supports dinput. x360ce is my preferred method, since it's very simple to setup and is pretty much set-it-and-forget-it.

Sheroking

Anti-airs are basic things. You make it sound like I want Tenko to be -2 on block or something. I just want a reliable way to make the opponent stop jumping at me, and I don't have that. Even spaced correctly, her anti-airs still lose too often.

I tested st.hp against every air normal in the game.

It loses to Bison's fierce, Necalli's dive-kick and some max range hits from characters like Vega - which you have no reason to anti-air anyway.

It either trades positively or completely stuffs literally every other unambiguous jump normal in the game.

Shito

st.MK is your button to forbid people from jumping on you.
Not even joking here, we have a decent Karin at work and her st.MK game pins me to the ground when he's on point with it.

I tested st.hp against every air normal in the game.

It loses to Bison's fierce, Necalli's dive-kick and some max range hits from characters like Vega - which you have no reason to anti-air anyway.

It either trades positively or completely stuffs literally every other unambiguous jump normal in the game.

damn

Xevren

If you have good execution/reactions and want a better anti air with Karin, start using just frame tenko. Or even ex tenko since you get good follow ups after that. Can do dash into ex ressenha, ex orochi or even vtrigger into rekka follow ups.

Durden77

For the love of god do not give Karin anything else. She is my least favorite match up with Nash by far.

She's the only character that I play against that I feel like I simply do not know what to do. She has good options against my fireballs to scare me from throwing them just enough, and outpokes me at many ranges. Her AA's are solid enough too.

That girl scares me man. Only other characters that come close are Laura and Necalli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom