• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

You can combo off it with a meaty setup after with a jab. Which also has the benefit of being safe on block if timed properly.

I've never seen it being it used linking to a combo, is there any footage or it's just not really practical/worth it? There's is already the back HK setup which is godlike.

Ferrio

Banned
definitely feels like something for the 30+ crowd, lol

it's not even referenced in the modern games

I'm part of the crowd and I've always hated it. It made sense in SFI cause those buttons did exactly that. Now you got like Balrog doing roundhouses with his fists.

BiggNife

I think the FGC needs to come together and officially decide to drop the stupid SFI terminology.

No let's keep everything from SF1

Bring back the ridiculous pressure sensitive buttons

003.jpg

Garcian

I'm part of the crowd and I've always hated it. It made sense in SFI cause those buttons did exactly that. Now you got like Balrog doing roundhouses with his fists.

Instead he can HK with his fists :)

I'm not bothered - I like the old terminology, but mk etc is quicker to type.

qcf x2

So instead he does HK with his fists, right? I've switched to the modern names as well, but I still don't know if H is hard or heavy. Either way, he's kicking with his fists and Elena is punching with her legs.

paolo11

You want to give Karin who is one of the best characters a reliable AA? Do that but....

Make Ryu's Fireball recovery and safe on all versions.

Forward HP is +10
Buff cr mk' range and recovery.
Make parry add 1/4 of v meter.
Make DP non crush counter punishable.

I'm only kidding of course but really,IMO, let's not give Karin more buffs. I love her but she is already powerful as it is.

Count I'm down tonight if you're still on. Had a long critique on Srk I want to start working on. Need to better my neutral game and stop jumping so much. Laura is a great character to learn apply that I think. She like to bully.
Yea I'm down, I'm not sure if I'll be on after the maintenance is complete but I'll let you know if i'm available.
I can grab some games tonight.

I think you'll wreck me, but I got some anti-Laura strats I want to test against a good player.

Same thing, lets test that lab work

Well if they get all that, give Ryu-

Actually I can't think of any absurd buffs for Ryu even in jest

I can, give Ryu his donkey kick back. One version will be the safe annoying version that we will spam constantly while EX has wall bounce property which gives him the ability to juggle into anything. So he can go for damage or resets....and he has a command grab.

I've never seen it being it used linking to a combo, is there any footage or it's just not really practical/worth it? There's is already the back HK setup which is godlike.

I can't search for it right now but I know it's possible. A youtube search will probably get you a video from a beta and they go for it after someone quick stands a mk. It has 4 active frames on the spreadsheet and 0 on hit at first frame, so definitely enough time to link jab after. I don't know if the specific tatsu setup anymore works but a setup should exist.

Back HK isn't overhead iirc so that seems strictly a counterhit setup.

Shito

As a non-native English speaker, I always have to mentally pause and 'translate' the fierce strong etc. notation.
I much prefer the modern one. ^^

cackhyena

I can, give Ryu his donkey kick back. One version will be the safe annoying version that we will spam constantly while EX has wall bounce property which gives him the ability to juggle into anything. So he can go for damage or resets....and he has a command grab.

I'd love that.

You had me at command grab.

mbpm1

Oh man, that would scratch my step kick urge too.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Parry should have no startup or recovery frames.

Also his denjin fireball should be his normal fireball. His V-Trigger fireball should be a full screen instantaneous multi-hitting beam attack.

Baleoce

jab = lp, strong = mp, fierce = hp
short = lk, forward = mk, roundhouse = hk

I've known this terminology since around third strike, but something always puzzled me, you know how you have a forward roundhouse. Say you were doing Chuns Senenshu, would you say down-forward, forward? down-towards forward? It just sounds off.

ElFly

I hope the eventual street fighter 6 (in a decade if this one tanks) allows you to actually dash into things, ala marvel games, instead of dashing, stopping, then having the button come out

walking around before the match starts would also be sweet

"Dash Greater Than Dash Greater Than Forward"

God we're making it worse.

Let's just use tekken terminology

1 2 3
4 5 6

combining it with tekken notation for directions

6 6 5

I've known this terminology since around third strike, but something always puzzled me, you know how you have a forward roundhouse. Say you were doing Chuns Senenshu, would you say down-forward, forward? down-towards forward? It just sounds off.

In practice nobody ever uses anything but the words jab, fierce and roundhouse, and even the later is sometimes deferred in favor of sweep

this notation is a good idea, but the words short, forward and strong are basically the worst possible choices....unless a button was literally named kick or punch

qcf x2

"Dash Greater Than Dash Greater Than Forward"

God we're making it worse.

Let's just use tekken terminology

1 2 3
4 5 6

Then you'll confuse the numpad/keyboarders. We should use clock notation, as everybody's clocks have the same numbers. Dragon punch is 3/6/4.5 + p

NastyBook

Also, I see some people getting mad at not making out of rankings or losing points. If you can, I encourage you to take this shit offline and play Hit up some locals, play with friends, etc. It's a vastly more social and forgiving environment, and I find myself learning a lot more from doing that than watching tapes of my online play.
Yeah, this is what I'm gonna start doing on my weekends off. Going to Gwinnett Brawls. The online ranking shit is far too much of a distraction. Should probably switch back to Casuals-only and save myself the headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom