• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

I'm a Season Pass owner and I feel pretty happy but... um.... I hope I don't tick anybody off but....uhhhh.... So far we're getting the DLC characters for free along with their premium costume and a free stage.....

I kinda feel like Season Pass owners should also get colors for 1 character of their choosing for "free" (we technically paid for it with cash).

I really want ALL of Cammy's colors for all her outfits....

Actually.... I plan on getting all the stuff for the women characters and maybe stuff for Ken. Lol

I'm a Season Pass owner and I feel pretty happy but... um.... I hope I don't tick anybody off but....uhhhh.... So far we're getting the DLC characters for free along with their premium costume and a free stage.....

I kinda feel like Season Pass owners should also get colors for 1 character of their choosing for "free" (we technically paid for it with cash).

I really want ALL of Cammy's colors for all her outfits....

Actually.... I plan on getting all the stuff for the women characters and maybe stuff for Ken. Lol
It shouldn't only be one character. No reason to not give em all out.

Also absolutely no reason to make the story costumes cost as much as a regular premium costume. Unless they're trying to say the story ones *are* the premium ones for the OG 16, in which case lol.

It shouldn't only be one character. No reason to not give em all out.

Also absolutely no reason to make the story costumes cost as much as a regular premium costume. Unless they're trying to say the story ones *are* the premium ones for the OG 16, in which case lol.
yeah I cannoT get over the Story Mode costume prices.

It would take you 800 online wins to afford a Story Mode costume.

Mediking

I'm positive most people would have preferred nearly everything being unlocked on day one except Titles... which you have to earn.

I also do think its kinda dumb that you can't change colors/costumes quickly when fighting online. You hafta to manually go to your profile and change your favorite character.

I wouldn't mind this so much if Birdie wasn't Fat Bison
lmao

also fucking NO THANK YOU
Ehtd6ha.png
I messed up the materials... somewhere LOL

mitchlol

Gaf I need some help, I'm trying to learn Zangief and I can manage to get inside and land a HP. SPD but on wake up the person just crouch jabs and I can't follow up with a second SPD.... How do you get priority over wake up jabs? Basically I don't know which SPD to use for each situation is anyone able to help me out?

ElFly

Gaf I need some help, I'm trying to learn Zangief and I can manage to get inside and land a HP. SPD but on wake up the person just crouch jabs and I can't follow up with a second SPD.... How do you get priority over wake up jabs? Basically I don't know which SPD to use for each situation is anyone able to help me out?

All SPDs have a startup of 5 frames. Most jabs startup in 4 frames, some in 3, so you ain't ever winning that one short of tightly timing your SPD to their wakeup. After knock down you gotta mix it up. Meaties, crossups, etc, cause it will be difficult to re-SPD them again on wakeup without you training them to expect to block something else.

However, the range of LP SPD allows you to grab from beyond the range of a jab or even some medium moves.

Blackage

I was thinking to myself what would Shadow Charlie look like in this game with just the darker color, then it occurred to me that SFV Nash basically is Shadow Charlie and blew my own mind, it's probably why I love his design so much in this game. The color of his special moves and everything, and how he carries himself, I really love it.

Dartastic

Well, that was a legit good time. Learned some good shit, and got some really good advice. Got closer to Silver than I've ever been... thanks to everyone in the chat! Can't wait to do it again!

P.S. Fuck Karin. :(

kirblar

I think Laura's V-Trigger is actually a real design problem. Because it adds stun to her moves, it feels like they've reduced her baseline stun on her moves to compensate for it. She seems to require more correct hits/reads (in non-V-Trigger) to get a stun than other characters, and I think that compensation is the root cause of it. This wouldn't be a problem if she was doing major damage at the same time- but her damage output is relatively low per opening as well. They've created a character designed to be a Makoto-esque mixup Stun monster, but they lock the stun behind V-trigger, making it very hard for her to execute her gameplan at the start of a round.

If this is what's happening, it's a big problem when you add V-Trigger II and/or III to the mix- since the values will still be warped around the V-Trigger I.

qcf x2

I'm a scrubby player, but this was a moment I was actually proud of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HKw_7Tn9X4

Good job.

Well, that was a legit good time. Learned some good shit, and got some really good advice. Got closer to Silver than I've ever been... thanks to everyone in the chat! Can't wait to do it again!

P.S. Fuck Karin. :(

Put her on her butt and go to town. Her wakeup game is not conducive to dealing with pressure.

Tirael

I think Laura's V-Trigger is actually a real design problem. Because it adds stun to her moves, it feels like they've reduced her baseline stun on her moves to compensate for it. She seems to require more correct hits/reads (in non-V-Trigger) to get a stun than other characters, and I think that compensation is the root cause of it. This wouldn't be a problem if she was doing major damage at the same time- but her damage output is relatively low per opening as well. They've created a character designed to be a Makoto-esque mixup Stun monster, but they lock the stun behind V-trigger, making it very hard for her to execute her gameplan at the start of a round.

Honestly I feel like Karin is the same way. They lock part of her moveset behind V-Trigger, so at the start of the round, she's not as dangerous as she was in her original incarnation.

GOOD. Nash is ridiculous for me to deal with.

Same for me, haha.

mbpm1

Finally trying out other characters, starting claw. Lack of typical anti-airs is rough and I'm still wrapping my head around how exactly he's supposed to play. Think I'm making progress though.

Tirael

Finally trying out other characters, starting claw. Lack of typical anti-airs is rough and I'm still wrapping my head around how exactly he's supposed to play. Think I'm making progress though.

He seems to be simpler because he's motion instead of charge, but in order to play him optimally, it seems that claw switching is required.

I've gotten some success by just poking and effective spacing. f+HP too good.

Something's finally clicking. I think I may have leveled up. I am suddenly winning more than losing again, ranked up and just beat a much higher ranked Chun with my Nash.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Definitely integrate both styles--claw and claw off--into your gameplan. Remember that he becomes something of a grappler in the latter and with his speed, this can be deadly. Remember his air throw also! I tend to forget it for some reason. Also, his V Reversal is good though I haven't incorporated it as much as I should. Watch some vids of high level Claw play to see how they go back and forth with the claw--it looks cool as hell when they do it. I love more technical characters so it drew me back to Claw for the first time since Super Turbo. I used to use Gen in IV so stance/moveset switches are a big draw. Anyway, hope this helps. He is probably my 4th "main", after Mika, Bison and Ryu, so I am not really good with him.

done for tonight, will sort out the material on the undershirt tomorrow. but I'm really happy because I THINK I've finally sorted the clipping issues with mesh modding... which is very exciting for me :p
LUe0aR2.gif

fTcdyd6.gif

Dude, this is awesome! Great work, seriously.
Thank you :)

I'm really excited about finally figuring this out because it means that so many of the designs in my head can now be translated properly. There was only so much I could do to characters by editing the materials on the original mesh - the Mika one was lucky in that the outfit I wanted to make was basically her base mesh already.

FluxWaveZ

I just realized that the base personality of all the Street Fighter newcomers in V is "obnoxious."

What happened to making a character likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom