• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

If it makes you feel any better, most pros peg her as C tier.
Well, to be honest, vryu is probably the only one at the moment playing her "right"...

It's more likely that they will only because I feel like people aren't playing the characters in the most optimal ways. Ones that take more work are going to take more time to be figured out, while more straightfoward characters require less, in a sense. You have tournaments coming up fast and furious with points on the line, people are gonna stay safe for a few months until new tech gets discovered. Like after seeing that ridiculous Rashid mixup, I can't see more top tier players NOT trying to pick him up.

But like I said, this is all in its infancy, and generally how most fighting games start out at the beginning.
Yeah, basically this. ^^

Finally made it to Silver! Feels good. Was a long, hard struggle.
Wondering if Gold will ever be feasible for me. I think that'll depend on how well I get on with Guile. I think I've hit a skill barrier with my Chun, some of her more advanced tools will always be beyond me.

The matchmaking is crazy, when I was Ultra Bronze, in ten matches I got a Super Gold, two Golds, Ultra Silvers, Silvers and a couple of Bronzes.
Basically everything except my own league.

His jacket is actually clipping through the stuff on his legs ;P
Also apex cloth is a pretty bad example because the cpu solution isn't any more accurate than havok or bullet, and the gpu solution is closed source and nvidia exclusive; so you'll never see it on current gen consoles or amd powered pc's

Luckily we are moving away from closed source solutions and are doing more and more through directcompute, which is available on all current hardware.
Maybe in a few years GPUopen will replace Gameworks, because it would be much better for developers as a whole.
Lmao I never even noticed the bit on the right... :p

Thanks for the info about Apex though. Learning new things every day :)

I wonder if Alex files will be in the patch already. Cus I can't see them pushing two patches through QA... If so it means the files would all be there on the 28th on the PC version which could be exciting :p

Pompadour

I wonder if Alex files will be in the patch already. Cus I can't see them pushing two patches through QA... If so it means the files would all be there on the 28th on the PC version which could be exciting :p

That seems like the case. He'll be "pushed out" by the SFV servers much like characters were unlocked by the server during the various betas.

Whales

Banned
Anyone else just gets stuck on a loading screen sometimes after selecting ranked or battle lounges? It's so long I need to close the game and re-open it

srk spam is super effective

how. how do you make this work? the cpu will just NOT tolerate it from me. it counter pokes after it blocks about 6 of them and then converts to a full combo that eats about 30-50% of my healthbar.

the game pretty much puts up a wall at stage 42 on hard (I haven't even tried hell yet). even beyond that, I think I've made it to necalli or bison all of once and they still end up kicking my ass in the above manner and the srk spam does nothing to stop them.

Whales

Banned
how. how do you make this work? the cpu will just NOT tolerate it from me. it counter pokes after it blocks about 6 of them and then converts to a full combo that eats about 30-50% of my healthbar.

I just did Normal survival with ryu, and I mashed mp srk all the way thru. It worked pretty well except one time

Are you using the MP version? I think it only works with that one

the game pretty much puts up a wall at stage 42 on hard (I haven't even tried hell yet). even beyond that, I think I've made it to necalli or bison all of once and they still end up kicking my ass in the above manner and the srk spam does nothing to stop them.

Make sure you are using MP srk, also just keep doing it, even if you are getting comboed.
Also when you knock them down, rush them to the corner as fast as you can, I've noticed cpu like FANG doing a lot of counter pokes if they have enough spacing.
Also just use your meter when you can, ex srk/CA are about equally as effective.

Also for bison it's best to just jump at him with mk, then combo mp into mp srk until you get him in the corner, then just spam the srk.
Did it first try no problems (cept cammy/laura cause they are bitches)

Ultra Gold. Super Gold is at 5.5k, btw.

I actually didn't know that. I just assumed it was 6k. I reached 4400 a week ago and haven't touched the game since then. Not that I didn't want to but other things got in the way. Maybe I'll try to start that grind for Super Gold. But I'm not confident about reaching it until points start trickling down again.

In other words, when Shadow Lord can reach platinum :p

stn

Quoting a random post of yours since I can't find the one where you specifically addressed me. Anyway, you've convinced me that Dhalsim is not bad for Ryu in V. I did some lab'ing after reading your post and do think the match is more manageable than it used to be (though I'm not convinced of this same fact for the older titles, especially not for ST).

Also, can anyone link me to the SFV character guide website. It was linked here before. It goes over how to actually play each character, what archetype each character is, and so forth.

Ucchedavāda;199363628 said:
Based on your track record of casting blame, I'm going to assume that "thegrandmaster" is not only innocent of lagswitching but also that they have a top tier connection.

gcib.gif

LakeEarth

I just had someone rage quit a casual match. Come on, man.
I had a wonderful 4-5 hours of ranked without a single drop. I was shocked, and was able to reach gold. After having reached my ranked mode goal, I switched up to casual mode to relax.

First win... Drop.
Second win... Drop.

Alright, time to take a break.
Ended with a 10 game win-streak, largely because most of those matches were sub 1k Bronze players, and even then I almost lost it in the last match, thanks to a 900 LP Ryu player who went absolutely nuts. Also had one Ken player who ate 5 anti-airs in a row, and still kept jumping at me.

Also faced a Nash player who Moonsault Slash'd right out the gate in all 3 rounds .. and they weren't the only Nash player who I've met who has done this. Before I head to the training room to figure this out myself, does anyone know if there is anything Necalli can do to punish this?

Maligna

Banned
https://youtu.be/Nl3cCwbRfOc

Holy cow. How come more pros don't use Rashid? He seems like he'd be prime for all sorts of inventive and crazy mix-ups. Isn't that what pros like to invent?

I swear, Rashid and Zangeif are the least used characters in the game. F.A.N.G. and Dhalsim are even used more. Zangeif, I can understand the lack of players, he's hard to use. But what's the problem with Rashid?

Ucchedavāda;199365608 said:
Alright, time to take a break.
Ended with a 10 game win-streak, largely because most of those matches were sub 1k Bronze players, and even then I almost lost it in the last match, thanks to a 900 LP Ryu player who went absolutely nuts. Also had one Ken player who ate 5 anti-airs in a row, and still kept jumping at me.

Also faced a Nash player who Moonsault Slash'd right out the gate in all 3 rounds .. and they weren't the only Nash player who I've met who has done this. Before I head to the training room to figure this out myself, does anyone know if there is anything Necalli can do to punish this?

Srk right through it?

Ucchedavāda;199365870 said:
Ah, sorry, I meant the standing kick he does. Moonsault Scythe?
Otherwise, yes, I'd just SRK it.

Dunno how fast that recovers, but it sounds like you could catch it with necalli's charge attack.

Rektash

You can't

Well you can't prove it. I had a case where every time I knocked down my oppponent the game started lagging like crazy, making any continued pressure on wakeup impossible. I am not talking some slight off timing but full blown teleport city bullshit.

So yeah, just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I doubt there are a lot of people lag switching though. Happened to me once in the couple hundred matches I have fought online so far. Most of these people are probably doing the alt+tab thing on PC.

Man. I'm really not happy with my footsies. In that I have NONE of them. I turtle until I can do a combo, I never make a combo happen. I'm not confident in my pressure at all, I rely entirely on the Mika Vortex and no one actually falls for that.

It's hard to train it against the CPU and when I get into a Casual match my switch flips and I just start going for combos again. With the update tomorrow I can rope folks in for training but does anyone have any suggestions?

Well you can't prove it. I had a case where every time I knocked down my oppponent the game started lagging like crazy, making any continued pressure on wakeup impossible. I am not talking some slight off timing but full blown teleport city bullshit.

So yeah, just because you can't prove it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I doubt there are a lot of people lag switching though. Most of these people are probably doing the alt+tab thing on PC.

It's more likely their wifi signal just lowering in strength intermittently.
Also the "alt-tab" thing does nothing, it can't create lag, al it does when the correct requirements are met is move one sided rollback to the other side. I tried it with a friend of mine in singapore (I'm in EU) and it did nothing even though I had some rollback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom