• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Yeah the trials are cool. Like SFIV except the combo system doesn't suck and the combos are a bit more insightful. They've actually taught me a thing or two for certain characters.

So far I've done Ryu, Nash, Mika, Zangief, Dhalsim, Ken and Birdie's trials. On the last one for Bison, I suck with Scissor kicks into super.

Zackat

How much time do you guys spend watching replays and in training mode vs. actually playing against other people? I feel like I am at the point now where just playing people over and over again is getting me nowhere. I get up to ultra bronze/silver and drop back to super bronze over and over again.

Just did ryu's trial took me like 10 min....Nowhere near as hard as sfiv trials. But! with that being said the combos i did in Ryu's trial almost all of them can be used in actual fights. Unlike SFIV.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
xebebLQ.jpg

R. Kazooie?

Sure, why not.

Zekes!

Regarding Ryu's 9th trial, I can't seem to do the cr.MP to HP shoryuken part of the combo on the Dualshock 4. It always comes out as his Critical Art. I spent 5 minutes just practicing that single part but it seems his CA comes out real easy.

Ferrio

Banned
Regarding Ryu's 9th trial, I can't seem to do the cr.MP to HP shoryuken part of the combo on the Dualshock 4. It always comes out as his Critical Art. I spent 5 minutes just practicing that single part but it seems his CA comes out real easy.

Go into regular training, turn on show inputs. Do the combo, look where you mess up at.

I had a similar problem when I tried to input "clean" motions. I took the shortcut and did cr.MP > df,df+HP and that came out more often.

Anyways, I can do all of Ryu's trial 10, just not at the same time. I can't seem to space / time the b.HK well enough after V-trigger. The animation throws me off.

So I went to ranked. About 100 lp outside of super bronze, and I'm not slowing down :D If I ever get ranked with someone higher, I take their points and run if I win lol.

Edgeward

Use the dp shortcut down forward, down, down forward

So it should look like this down forward + mp, down, down forward + hp

VariantX

I had a similar problem when I tried to input "clean" motions. I took the shortcut and did cr.MP > df,df+HP and that came out more often.

Anyways, I can do all of Ryu's trial 10, just not at the same time. I can't seem to space / time the b.HK well enough after V-trigger. The animation throws me off.

So I went to ranked. About 100 lp outside of super bronze, and I'm not slowing down :D If I ever get ranked with someone higher, I take their points and run if I win lol.

Someone mentioned this earlier either in this thread or another but trial 10 is simpler than it looks. After the crush counter of the first HK, walk foward a step, then do the rest of the combo, you'll be in range for the b.HK to hit and allow you to continue the rest of the combo.

Someone mentioned this earlier, after the crush counter of the first HK, walk foward a step, then do the rest of the combo, you'll be in range for the b.HK to hit and allow you to continue the rest of the combo.

Yeah, that one shows you how much time you have to "prep" between crush counters and the rest of the combo. I was trying to buffer df in between hits, and then walk forward a bit after V-trigger, but never after the initial crush counter lol.

Wow, Capcom went and made since really great costumes this time around. I'm loving Necalli's costume, and will have to put down the Zenny when the shop opens for real .. it's too bad we have no idea when that is

And thanks, Garrett, for the screenshots.

LakeEarth

Thank god Trials has a demonstration mode. I would've never figured out Rashid's number 8 combo. Hint, the v-trigger gets activated first, but should be the third thing that hits.

Ame

I can't finish Ryu's 10th trial. The axe kick always gets blocked after going into denjin. What am I doing wrong?

Zekes!

Use the dp shortcut down forward, down, down forward

So it should look like this down forward + mp, down, down forward + hp

cool that helps. Just gotta work on executing it consistently. That's pretty much my biggest take away from the trials, gotta get better at my inputs

kitzkozan

Rematch is great. Doubly so since the servers still seem to be slow.

I'm surprised all of my opponents accepted the rematch option. o_o Although it might be because I was ranked as a rookie, even if I'm not in term of SF experience. :p Leveled up to bronze, so we will see how it goes.

Thank god Trials has a demonstration mode. I would've never figured out Rashid's number 8 combo. Hint, the v-trigger gets activated first, but should be the third thing that hits.

That's a big improvement over IV .. I mean, didn't El Fuerte have one that was just listed as "HP, HP, HP" that was based on run-stop cancels?

SaikyoBro

Finished all the trials, pretty good. Having 10 instead of 24 made them feel more fresh and distinct, definitely coming away from them with more knowledge about the cast.

The demonstrations on the other hand are making me sad. I spent a lot of time being awful at Street Fighter because I didn't understand the fundamentals, I didn't realize that it was a game of normal buttons before special attacks. I'd spam fireballs from a distance, use tatsus to get across the screen, and vigorously mash DP up close. I spent a lot of time sucking at this game that could've been corrected with such simple advice, and I thought in-game character specific tutorials sounded like a brilliant solution to keep newcomers from suffering the same fate as I did when I first started.

But they barely scratch the surface! I thought I'd be getting "try to play in this range, this move is your best poke, this move is unsafe" but instead I'm seeing "heavy fireball goes the fastest, heavy uppercut does the most damage". I want these tutorials to start drilling "use your buttons not your specials" into newcomers' heads as quickly as possible but I have a feeling that all these demonstrations are going to do is encourage bad habits. They would have been much better off just putting those character guides they're uploading to YouTube on the disc.

I've heard the game mechanic demonstrations are actually pretty strong but I haven't checked any of them out yet since this new patch seems to have introduced three minute load times. Maybe tomorrow.

45 minutes of searching, 7 disconnects and 1 laggy game played.

This game FUCKING SUCKS.

It could be so great but noooooo

so fucking pissed off, how the fuck do people deal with this shit to play matches all day.

I'd really like Mika's alt if it weren't for the huge feathers coming out of her headgear. Otherwise it looks great.
But the feathers is probably the best part any this costume. It is so incredibly over the top that it fits her perfectly.

I'm surprised all of my opponents accepted the rematch option. o_o Although it might be because I was ranked as a rookie, even if I'm not in term of SF experience. :p Leveled up to bronze, so we will see how it goes.
I'll be rematching as often as possible, as long as the connection is good. Saves you from having to wait quite as long between matches.

Shouta

Finished like 9 or 10 of the trials. The usual stuff there but some of the practical things you see folks figured out before this made it in. A few took longer than they should have because I kept going even though my hands were getting a bit fatigued.

I definitely can't wait for Alex later in the week.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
45 minutes of searching, 7 disconnects and 1 laggy game played.

This game FUCKING SUCKS.

It could be so great but noooooo

so fucking pissed off, how the fuck do people deal with this shit to play matches all day.

It's like a bad relationship. Slog through so much shit to enjoy the brief, fleeting moments of joy. Every one has enough as some point though.

I've never had an easier time completing a fighting game character trial. First time ever being able to complete a full sf character trial, as well.
Not sure if it was all the self practice beforehand, or the combos in it were too basic. All I know, happy to learn necalli has an air combo. Had no clue.

another futile 7 hours of maintenance is needed. The game does not even work.

its been shit since day 1 and its at an all time low right now. Good job capcom, working hard to make the game even worse. so competent

About to throw my stick through the god damn window.

Anybody have any advice for Birdie's Trial 2? I finished all his others, but I'm having trouble comboing into Bull Head. At what point should I be releasing whatever button I'm holding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom