• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

Literally if they added best out of 3 rounds for story mode and harder difficultly characters it would be a way better mode.

thats what ive been saying
just turn the stories into "arcade mode"
best of 3 rounds for each fight. dont start me with full meter
let em choose difficulty
and pad the mode out with another matches in between so its 8 fights, instead of 4

kirblar

Literally if they added best out of 3 rounds for story mode and harder difficultly characters it would be a way better mode.
If Survival added continues it'd help a ton w/ easing the single-player and color issues.

Story being a joke difficulty-wise seems intentional.

El Sloth

Banned
Alex's standing lk has more range than any of his other light normals. Seems like a good poke. Shame you can't combo into jab or chop.

xCobalt

Decided to get Necalli's 12th colour. Looks pretty good.

o7fAg6i.jpg

JmE2frb.jpg

nice, keep it coming. no day 1 mercy

Optimal Alex blockstring:

• sMP, cLP xx LP Slash

the LP beats out 3f normals, and if they use a 3f jab to beat the slash they trade and you get a sweep after.

This is very, very good.

Alex's standing lk has more range than any of his other light normals. Seems like a good poke. Shame you can't combo into jab or chop.

And if you cancel into slash on block they can stuff it pretty easily.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
600,000 FM to unlock the 15 story mode costumes. I haven't looked at the total for the additional colors in the shop. Not to mention how much colors would be for the story mode costumes (do they do this?)

Dude.

Hmmm, it's over a million FM for story mode costumes, colors and story mode colors.

thats what ive been saying
just turn the stories into "arcade mode"
best of 3 rounds for each fight. dont start me with full meter
let em choose difficulty
and pad the mode out with another matches in between so its 8 fights, instead of 4
Yea...would have satisfied a lot of people

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199639534]Optimal Alex blockstring:

• sMP, cLP xx LP Slash

the LP beats out 3f normals, and if they use a 3f jab to beat the slash they trade and you get a sweep after.

This is very, very good.

And if you cancel into slash on block they can stuff it pretty easily.[/QUOTE]

if i do a 4f jab between s.lk hit cancelled into lp slash, what happens? is it also a good trade for alex in that case?

Owensboro

600,000 FM to unlock the 15 story mode costumes. I haven't looked at the total for the additional colors in the shop. Not to mention how much colors would be for the story mode costumes (do they do this?)

Dude.

Well that's insane.

Only buy the ones you want for the characters you actually use, save FM for characters, buy the "Game of the Year" Edition they'll eventually package up with all the DLC. Yup, that's what I'll be doing.

Actually, you can just do sHK xx V-trigger after a slash trade lol

if i do a 4f jab between s.lk hit cancelled into lp slash, what happens? is it also a good trade for alex in that case?

Actually it's a counterhit and you can combo after the slash into a jab xx slash xx super for 412 damage.

So yes, it's good.

kirblar

Right on, I'm so new.......how exactly would I go about using this?
You charge it when you have a spare moment at range, then you keep it in mind as you approach. If you hit your opponent before they hit you first, they're going to take extra dmg/stun, and you're going to be able to do an extended counter-hit combo, regardless of whether or not the hit would have been a counter hit normally. CHs give you extra frames (time) to link moves, allowing combos to work that don't normally work.

A.E Suggs

Dude.

Hmmm, it's over a million FM for story mode costumes, colors and story mode colors.

Yep, but I just buy what I want and since the majority of the story costumes are bad I save money. You can't buy story mode costume colors
Yet

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yep, but I just buy what I want and since the majority of the story costumes are bad I save money. You can't buy story mode costume colors
Yet

Ah okay. I figured they would appear in the shop once you bought the costume. My mistake.

Scotia

Banned
Alex is fantastic. Love playing as him. New main for sure.

Not surprised at the store being a bit shitty.

Love the 'Next Generation' title.

Oh survival, how I've not missed you.

Alex's character story is interesting, but it doesn't really answer any questions at all. It just makes things even more confusing.

El Sloth

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199639534]Optimal Alex blockstring:

• sMP, cLP xx LP Slash

This is very, very good.

And if you cancel into slash on block they can stuff it pretty easily.[/QUOTE]
Can't get the sweep midscreen at max range. Can get st.hk aftwerwards tho. Edit: ah, you already found that nvm.

Good to know thanks.

You charge it when you have a spare moment at range, then you keep it in mind as you approach. If you hit your opponent before they hit you first, they're going to take extra dmg/stun, and you're going to be able to do an extended counter-hit combo, regardless of whether or not the hit would have been a counter hit normally. CHs give you extra frames (time) to link moves, allowing combos to work that don't normally work.

Thank you! 🌸

Can't get the sweep midscreen at max range. Can get st.hk aftwerwards tho. Edit: ah, you already found that nvm.

Good to know thanks.

Sure thing.

sMP, cLP xx LP Slash and sLP, cLP xx LP Slash seem to be his two major blockstrings and where a lot of his command grab pressure is going to come from.

kirblar

Alex is fantastic. Love playing as him. New main for sure.

Not surprised at the store being a bit shitty.

Love the 'Next Generation' title.

Oh survival, how I've not missed you.

Alex's character story is interesting, but it doesn't really answer any questions at all. It just makes things even more confusing.
Given SF3's story, he's probably not getting much of substance in SFV's story.
Why I need to do Survival again for colors? Makes no sense.
They wanted Survival to fill the role Arcade mode normally would, but they made it too harsh/punishing.

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone with the guide can tell me what Alex's Slash Elbows are on block? Can't tell if he has advantage with mk. elbow on block or not.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199640854]Sure thing.

sMP, cLP xx LP Slash and sLP, cLP xx LP Slash seem to be his two major blockstrings and where a lot of his command grab pressure is going to come from.[/QUOTE]

Are these actually blockstrings or frame-traps? If you opponent can get out any button it's not a block string, and invincible reversals will punish you hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom