• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Why not actually cater to your user-base (THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT AND ENJOY THE GAME) and make obtaining stuff from the Store incredibly easy and without stress?

Locking colors is already annoying but behind LEVELS?

Pushing us to do Survival Mode even though its a disaster?

Scotia

Banned
Set my BGM to Jazzy NYC 16

9H37eJ4.gif

Hex

Banned
Fortunately Survival Easy, and Normal are really easy with Ryu, Necalli, Cammy and Rashid.
Not looking forward to doing hard again but am at a point where I have a rhythm that seems to be ok.

Producer

damn now i actually feel compelled to do the SP stuff to get FM and buy up all the alts/colors etc even though im probably just gonna stick with my main anyways.

El Sloth

Banned
hp xx vtrigger activation, hp xx vtrigger lariat, power drop does hella stun. 302 damage and 525 stun.

Edit:can substitute the first hp for st.hk which has more range. Same damage and stun in the end.

Any confirmation of other difficulties being harder?

In my one attempt at hard with Ken, the CPU went berserk and shut me down much earlier than my normal low-mid 40s... strictly anecdotal though, as I only have that one data point.
Given SF3's story, he's probably not getting much of substance in SFV's story.

They wanted Survival to fill the role Arcade mode normally would, but they made it too harsh/punishing.

They could've still left colors to unlock after you've selected the character <x> amount of times like in SF4.

Alex is fantastic. Love playing as him. New main for sure.

Not surprised at the store being a bit shitty.

Love the 'Next Generation' title.

Oh survival, how I've not missed you.

Alex's character story is interesting, but it doesn't really answer any questions at all. It just makes things even more confusing.

I mean, Alex's story basically joins every other character's story in not really elaborating on whats going on in the plot. I've always figured the first 3 dlc character prior to the cinematic story mode releasing are featured in the plot in some way. We already know Guile is somewhat featured in nash's portion of the cinematic campaign.

The store seems fine to me though. I'm glad there is a low effort way to get new colors.

Shito

Anyone has the startup frames for all of his CC moves?
I would need it to add him on a small video I've been working on...

Grimsen

Had so many losses today. Made it to silver, only to drop back to U.bronze. :(

One of the guys I kept facing, Heasus, was Ultra silver, after losing 2 or 3 times against him, I beat him and the turd just ragequit.

https://youtu.be/yHRW_tg5AKo

Time to decompress in training mode with Alex.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199638034]Alex info since I just started testing:

• All versions of non-ex slash are -4 on block, ex is safe
  • sLK xx LP Slash is not a safe blockstring, slash gets stuffed by jabs
  • cHP has some kind of anti-air priority, but maybe only during early frames? seems to trade more at range.
  • sLP links into sMP with a v-trigger, but only on counterhit or charged from v-skill
  • crossup bnb is jLK, LP, LP xx LP Slash xx Super
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Xeteh

Anyone has the startup frames for all of his CC moves?
I would need it to add him on a small video I've been working on...

s.HK 17 frames startup
c.HK 11 frames
f.HP 10 frames

According to a quick check through the prima guide. If I'm missing anything lemme know.

Shouta

Well, this is going to suck since I like a lot of characters. =x

You should take the buy the costume then practice that character approach. That'll give you a chance to earn some FM by leveling them up and getting wins for the next costume.

El Sloth

Banned
Lk -3
MK -6
Hk -7
Ex -10
Thanks!

They're all unsafe, but mk and hk seems to push you back far enough that most buttons whiff creating frametrap-like situations.

For example, if Chun tries her 3 frame cr.lk after mk elbow it'll whiff and you can do st.mp xx lp chop which will either hit someone mashing buttons or make them block again.

They could've still left colors to unlock after you've selected the character <x> amount of times like in SF4.

I would rather have this option for unlocking colors than playing survival to unlock colors for all characters, even the alt ones. I'm even struggling with some characters in survival mode on normal, I can imagine how frustrating hard mode will be to get the last colors for each characters.

Scotia

Banned
I mean, Alex's story basically joins every other character's story in not really elaborating on whats going on in the plot. I've always figured the first 3 dlc character prior to the cinematic story mode releasing are featured in the plot in some way. We already know Guile is somewhat featured in nash's portion of the cinematic campaign.

The store seems fine to me though. I'm glad there is a low effort way to get new colors.

Yeah you're right about characters stories not making much sense haha. I agree that the first three DLC characters will be playable in the cinematic story mode.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199644322]I do know what frame traps are for, but thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just get so happy with new tech that you forget the people that will mash everything for victory ;P

El Sloth

Banned
Who do I trust

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199644188]anybody got a lobby going? nobody is joining me.

I'm HeebyGB, just invite me

I just set the dummy to reversal with 3, 4 and 5 frame moves so that's where I got my info. Shrug.[/QUOTE]
It's just a mix up in terminology. Alex's <> charged kick attack is called Slash Elbow. GB calls the quarter circle punch move 'slash' (because it's a god damn slash). That's all. I think his punch attack is called slash chop or something. Cant check atm

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You should take the buy the costume then practice that character approach. That'll give you a chance to earn some FM by leveling them up and getting wins for the next costume.

Not a bad idea.

Also, it seems I can get through all the trials per character except for one that gives me problems. For Alex, its #7. lol Linking MP > LP > Flash. Wrrrryyyy

mbpm1

It's just a mix up in terminology. Alex's <> charged kick attack is called Slash Elbow. GB calls the quarter circle punch move 'slash' (because it's a god damn slash). That's all. I think his punch attack is called slash chop or something. Cant check atm

Oh, so they're two different things.

Mediking

I do kinda agree that if you have pre ordered and got a Battle Costume for either Cammy, Ryu, Chun or Bison then you should get all the colors for that Battle Costume.

Heck, I got the Collector's Edition, Battle Costume Cammy, and the Season Pass.

Yeah the Season Pass has worth but I really just want all of Cammy's colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom