• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have seen of your work, I am ready to consider you the best in the world. That being said, I don't understand anything. Either way, I am a fan. You are a king.
That's exceptionally kind of you to say :p but in reality I am Bronze tier, maybe even Rookie. :p

also lmao @ people who do a rematch when they lose then leave when they win

Edgeward

I wish they would give a preview feature of the colors before you buy them and to switch between all costumes so you can see how they fit each one.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got a couple of semi-pathetic firsts tonight since I've been playing off and on since launch. I finally got the three win streak trophy and also got my LP above 300 for the first time. But anyway, yay progress :D

Spman2099

also lmao @ people who do a rematch when they lose then leave when they win

I can respect it, personally. It may not be the most courageous thing in the world, but it is much better than RQing.

I feel bad for the people that rematch when they lost BAD. Guys, you can walk away, it is cool. Maybe they want to try something different, or maybe they think they figured out a weakness, but I think some people are drawn in by pride.

lmao god the FFXV demo goes live on PSN in 15 minutes, I hope I can finish this survival before then cus I'm logged in and it is probably going to die when the demo releases lol

the_standard

Neo Member
I popped on tonight and fought a steady stream of level 16 and 18 Alex's and they
where all just mauling everything in site. I know I'm a poor player but I can't see how
this game is going to grow any farther than its already hardcore base, if new and casual players come back to check out the new characters each month but get eaten alive. It feels like there really isn't enough defensive options in the game. I'm not suggesting turtle style but maybe more balance. Its hard to describe. I play a few nights a week. etc.

So i was just playing this guy and last game last round he just started teleporting all over the place. Was he using lag switch? I quit on him cause I am not gonna give him this win. That was super stupid.

DeVeAn

Good games Devean! Learned a lot from you.

I couldn't pull off shit against you even when the connections were perfect.
Thanks! I am wired I didn't experience any lag in our matches. Someone explained to me it's turn based. That help me play better. Let's play again sometime.

So i was just playing this guy and last game last round he just started teleporting all over the place. Was he using lag switch? I quit on him cause I am not gonna give him this win. That was super stupid.
I don't think lag switches are that common, probably was on wi-fi or someone in their house/apartment started downloading/streaming.

I still can't land the orochi (the final hit) of Karin's trial #6. Part of the combo says Tenko (fastest); even if that lights up, I still can't hit with the orochi. Is the Tenko (fastest) wrong, and will light up even if you do not do the tenko quickly enough? My understanding is you need a one frame Tenko. Does the Tenko (fastest) light up ONLY if you do the 1-frame version, or will it light up for very fast, but say 3 frame, versions?

lvl 29 survival

necalli goes ape

fuck

my

life

survival has got to be the worst designed mode in the history of fighting game design

Yeah I feel you. I don't like this either, especially when you have to play survival mode to unlock colors for alts. I still have to do normal with Dhalsim, Bison, Rashid, Alex, R-Mika, Zangief, Fang, and Laura.

You're on PC right? Cheat that shit.
PS4 when I play, PC for modding :(

I am gunna use that trainer tho to unlock all colours for screenshot purposes :p

Did you do it offline?
Yeah I feel you. I don't like this either, especially when you have to play survival mode to unlock colors for alts.
Same, that's the most bullshit thing considering you don't get repeat FM. I really hope they fix this - just award the same number of colours you got from Survival on the default to any new costumes.

Spman2099

What about people who accept a rematch request after they win, then leave after the opponent gets a win on them

I wanted to do that last night. I won the first match clean. The second match I took the first round, but it was a lot closer, and I noticed he was figuring me out. The second round was close, but he took it. By the third round the download was very obviously complete. That being said, I went for the third match, knowing that I didn't have an answer anymore, because that is the right thing to do, dammit!

Also, message received, Necalli player; no more jumping. Damn your amazing jab to hell!

jediyoshi

lol these runback best practices

mm rematches me so often with the same people, i always decline and just wait to get matched up with them again anyway

I still can't land the orochi (the final hit) of Karin's trial #6. Part of the combo says Tenko (fastest); even if that lights up, I still can't hit with the orochi. Is the Tenko (fastest) wrong, and will light up even if you do not do the tenko quickly enough? My understanding is you need a one frame Tenko. Does the Tenko (fastest) light up ONLY if you do the 1-frame version, or will it light up for very fast, but say 3 frame, versions?

Finally landed it. Figured out my problem when I landed the combo without getting a Tenko (fastest).

The key change in my mind set that let me land this thing: You have to start the follow up Orochi earlier than you'd think. Doing it a little slower, so that it feels in tempo is wrong. Start that orochi dash as fast as you possibly can. You kind of have to stop yourself from watching the first part of your combo to see if it hit. Start inputting the orochi as soon as you recover from launching with Tenko.

On the bright side I got much better (though still much worse than many players) at one of Karin's difficult moves (for me).

I really like Trials, helps me appreciate all the characters I don't play. Much more than me just messing about with them for a bit in training mode.

Yay for Karin's story outfit! :D

* buys it and realizes you have to go through Survival all over again, without getting XP or FM to unlock its colors *

aw come on man

FluxWaveZ

I actually discovered that I like Mika's Story mode costume... and that's a shame because Survival mode is shit and I swore to never do this again. Reached stage 41 on my first try and died. Hate it.

I wish they would give a preview feature of the colors before you buy them and to switch between all costumes so you can see how they fit each one.

Yep. At least Googling them works, but it's dumb that there's no in-game preview.

El Sloth

Banned
I really enjoyed being a jerk online with stun gun headbutt. Better get it out my system now before people wise up to the shenanigans.

Kalentan

I thought I selected 5 Only when it come sto connection but every match I get lag. I almost won a round against Ryu and then the game lagged just before I could make an attack and he beat me.

No_Style

Thanks! I am wired I didn't experience any lag in our matches. Someone explained to me it's turn based. That help me play better. Let's play again sometime.

Sure! I was wired as well but still experienced some epic slowdowns and pauses. One of them cleared up after a round ended? It was weird.

I learned that I can't deal against cross ups. I'm just not exposed to them enough to instinctively react. I also need to learn to compensate for missed inputs or waiting before letting go of blocks or whatever. I'm getting lit up thinking it's safe or I connected with a hit. It's just going to take time and experience playing online to fix my execution online errors.

Anyways, I really enjoyed watching your Ryu because it's the next attainable step I want to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom