• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean red, right?

RED. RED?

RED??

How dare you.

GIMME NUMBAH SEVEN!

lKKaRbX.jpg

DeVeAn

Sure! I was wired as well but still experienced some epic slowdowns and pauses. One of them cleared up after a round ended? It was weird.

I learned that I can't deal against cross ups. I'm just not exposed to them enough to instinctively react. I also need to learn to compensate for missed inputs or waiting before letting go of blocks or whatever. I'm getting lit up thinking it's safe or I connected with a hit. It's just going to take time and experience playing online to fix my execution online errors.

Anyways, I really enjoyed watching your Ryu because it's the next attainable step I want to reach.
Man, glad I could help. I was getting wrecked online. I was 1400 and got rolled to 950😑 I just keep at it online but man it can be frustrating. I had the issue of pressing buttons while blocking which was a really bad habit.

Amazing how the act of 'unlocking' things can change your perspective on something. Gotta say, I came away today feeling much better about the base game of SFV. No, its got a long way to go. But it was nice booting up the game, tackling the story prologue for Alex, doing his trials, tackling his survival mode. Then going to the store to use some of my FM.

They got a long ways to go, obviously. But I feel like they're finally on the right track. Keep in mind, this is all for the 'base' game. I've already attested the gameplay here is some of the best the genre has ever offered.

rec0ded1

Does anyone else have a problem keeping adrenaline levels in check when playing ranked or should I see a doctor? Even when I go in and tell myself it's just some fun and don't care about points I end up all tweaked up.

Does anyone else have a problem keeping adrenaline levels in check when playing ranked or should I see a doctor? Even when I go in and tell myself it's just some fun and don't care about points I end up all tweaked up.

I stopped playing StarCraft II for that reason. Told my friends and family it felt like 30 minutes of pure adrenaline and stress. I loved it though.

Dota is less of an issue for me due to it requiring less APM, so I play that now.

But yeah, I get that hype from time to time. Just gotta know when to call it a day.

So, Alex is out and I spend 2 hours in a waiting room to find out I have strep throat. GGs. Taking a sick day tomorrow, might get some Alex time in.

vg260

It never fails to amaze me how mind-bogglingly stupid the method of unlocking colors for a given character is in this game. I swear, how could anyone in their right mind think locking this behind survival for EACH character and EACH costume is anywhere near reasonable. Not only that but having to get 30 and 50 wins in a row. It's literally unbelievable they thought this was good design given the conditions. Just leave the fight money bonuses there. That's ok at least as a reward for clearing them, but take the color unlocks out of these, please Capcom. Show some sense.

I'm sitting on my fight money until the next patch or two until they sort this FM money monetization mess out. I'll stick with the default outfits and the mealy few colors I have until then.

Hyun Sai

Wow, fighting a good Rashid is draining. I have absolutely no idea whats happening most of the time and I can't relax for one second...

cordy

Banned
Not sure what it was but Alex is extremely fun for me in this game. Usually, I play Ken (my main), Ryu, Cammy, sometimes Chun. I can mess around a bit with Karin and Nash too. Alex for some reason though just feels different. I'm going to keep messing around with him and see how it turns out. Could be the fact that he's a wrestler and I love wrestling but we'll see. Out of all the wrestlers in this game I like him the most. Just feels great.

Quesa

Is Alex's Trial #7 actually viable, useful combo? I did it once but I'm trying to get it down consistently. Wondering if I should bother.

Hustler

Managed to make it to Silver for the first time ever. Surprisingly didn't come across any Alex players in ranked. I suppose everyone is using him strictly in casuals at the moment.

Why can't I buy the alternative costume to all characters whose stories I have beaten?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems I already have Ryu's... Apparently I got it for free!

LegendX48

3 low healths in a row. Thanks survival. Fuck this mode.

it's even more annoying when you reach bison and you could have easily won had the game at least offered a medium health regen instead of low. It's like Mario Kart 8 bullcrap where the game just puts its foot down and refuses to let you succeed.

DeVeAn

I'm have the same problem. Make me question playing SFV. 😩

cordy

Banned
I don't even play Ranked anymore because it gets too serious. I just stay in Casual lol. Ranked is no joke. Once I hit that Silver I stayed out. I might need to keep going until I reach Gold but I'll see.

Is Alex's Trial #7 actually viable, useful combo? I did it once but I'm trying to get it down consistently. Wondering if I should bother.

Its a solid hit-confirm for his super. Takes no v-trigger. You can replace the super with ex-chop or ex-elbow. The ex-elbow could put them in position for a wake-up head-smash grab or stomp.

The act of competing can have different affects on people. A doctor is unnecessary, just focus on breathing and getting yourself calm during a match. Adrenaline can help at making you process things quickly, but it could make you too head strong.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
after you block a crossup from laura as Ryu what can you do not get command grabbed? Or if I block the corssup it's too late?

Jump, backdash, or M Shoryuken. Even though jumps have start-up frames, you're immune to grounded throws as soon as you commit to the jump. I think every character's backdash counts as an airborne state (although someone else should verify this), so that also works. And invincible reversals (like M or EX Shoryuken) are an option if your character has one.

Dizzy-4U

Yes!!!! All trials done.

That sneaky last Ryu's trial. I didn't notice you had to walk forward a few frames after the first counter hit, otherwise the back roundhouse doesn't connect. I watched that damn demonstration too many times until I finally noticed it. It was super easy after that.

Does Ryu have an alternate story costume? I did his story but doesnt show up in shop to buy. I thought it might be a tutorial unlock so I did that and still nothing.
He might just not have one I guess?

or its just free whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom