• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Kinda makes sense in theory, but could you be more specific?

Good to hear anyhoo. Time to take Laura online and abuse the early Alex wave xD

No reversals, and no 3 frame jab.

But v-trigger he got the parry. I parried a chuns slightly off cr.mk meaty and the lighting legs that came after it hype as shit. I can't seem to get the clothesline as a consistent thing against meaties on wake up.

Parry doesn't activate on 1st frame, so using it as a wakeup would get stuffed if they timed theirs meaty correctly.

Were the credits updated to include Alex's voice actor? Curious to know what it is.

Some say it's Kenichiro Matsuda which would be, uh, pretty amusing if so, considering he has a connection with Ryu's japanese VA...

KingBroly

Banned
Kinda just bodied through Normal Survival with Alex. Dude's crazy strong. Like CRAZY strong.

It also sucks that they didn't put him into the Survival rotation.

Shackzam

Parry doesn't activate on 1st frame, so using it as a wakeup would get stuffed if they timed theirs meaty correctly.

Thanks, wasn't to sure about that. He's got the same kind of wake up as most of the cast so I don't really mind that since he has pretty decent neutral and pressure tools to make up for it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I thought I saw it before, but did we confirm that additional character colors become available in the shop if you are a certain character rank? Or did I misunderstand. =x

KingBroly

Banned
Idk why but neutral jump is amazing in this game.

It's bait. Delicious, delicious bait.

Demonstrations are the most half-assed thing Capcom has done for SF5 IMO. Why? Because Killer Instinct does the exact same thing (at least for the basic stuff) but you play it. SF5 is just videos. Videos are useless if I can't do anything.

Trials on the other hand are GREAT. Interaction plus a video tutorial. Helped me in so many situations where I didn't know what to do. Exactly what it needed.

Survival on Easy and Normal seem easier. Hard still seems like shit, though.

I thought I saw it before, but did we confirm that additional character colors become available in the shop if you are a certain character rank? Or did I misunderstand. =x

25 for #14
unsure for #15

--

Still raging at the inability to remap "reset" for trials to Select/Back instead of RS/R3.

Also raging at trials that force a mode switch or v-trigger activation to be part of the "success" chain when it's not necessary at all.

I get it, Necalli can do qcf.mk > cr.mp > dash attack(mp) when v-triggered... but any time I miss it when trying immediately after the activation I can no longer hit HP+HK to start the "chain". So I have to reset the trial... but that requires me to press start and select it from the menu... small hassle, but annoying when I keep dropping the combo and needing to reset. Further complicated by the fact that I have to change the display from the worthless move names to the inputs and then I forget that it remembers cursor position... or if I view the example... it remembers cursor position. So when I get mad/frustrated after failing it for the umpteenth time, watch the demo, then try again, I end up hitting start > a and then getting thrown back into the demo.

Is it game breaking? no. But is it annoying as hell and detracts from my enjoyment/experience with the game? you betcha.

Edzi

Anyone wanna go a few rounds while I mess with Alex? I'm terrible with him so far and have no idea what I'm doing.

Invite me: CFN EdziPS, west coast US.

TheShah

The new costumes and colors make playing online so much more fun. I wish the game was at this state at launch. Would have held on to a lot more players.

Xeteh

Man, something about Vega's trials just don't click with me. I'm having way too much issue with some simple stuff. This is becoming a theme.

Durden77

Damn Alex's crouch strong seems really fucking good. It's meaty as fuck and has amazing range. His jump strong also seems very good. The angle is great and it can hit extremely deep or early and still get a combo.

I really like Alex. He's fun as hell. Any frame data on him out yet?

Xeteh

Damn Alex's crouch strong seems really fucking good. It's meaty as fuck and has amazing range. His jump strong also seems very good. The angle is great and it can hit extremely deep or early and still get a combo.

Prima updated their e-guide already with Alex's info. If you have any questions I can look it up for you.

Edzi

The V frames app updated today with his frame data. No idea if it's accurate though.

KimChi

For some reason Bestbuy just sent me another cammy dlc code. Probably unlikely but if anyone has a different dlc costume they would want to trade it for send me a pm.

Xeteh

For some reason Bestbuy just sent me another cammy dlc code. Probably unlikely but if anyone has a different dlc costume they would want to trade it for send me a pm.

I couldn't get them to send me one! Granted I didn't preorder from them.

Sheroking

Yo, what happened to aquasilk?

Got his soul snatched by Sanford, took donations for a new laptop to improve his stream, then completely bailed on the stream. Has had a "fuck the FGC" attitude ever since, even though he's made a couple of Next Level appearances.

Ugh. The timing on the LP to Light slash seems so narrow....

to be honest, its one of the harder cancels i've done. Almost as bad as some of chun's cancels into LL xx super.

Keep in mind, that link combo will only work at a set distance. So you'd have to be in close to even get it off. Alex's St.MP actually hits from pretty far range & is far more hit confirmable with his chop. So, while i'm not saying forgo learning it, as getting your cancel/link timing down will migrate over to other characters & increase your wrist's speed at which it does certain actions, do understand that you most likely will not be using that hit confirm all that much in an actual match.

jediyoshi

e3153LG.png

WNF on point tonight

NastyBook

If you're gonna sandbag the first match in an attempt to get two wins back to back, I'm gonna take the free win and back out. The rematch feature has already started a new garbage meta.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
No reversals, and no 3 frame jab.

Thanks. Looking forward to firing up the game tonight and trying everything out.

If you're gonna sandbag the first match in an attempt to get two wins back to back, I'm gonna take the free win and back out. The rematch feature has already started a new garbage meta.

Are you sure that's their trick? If they're literally standing there doing nothing I might agree with you, but maybe they're taking a page from Alex Valle's book and using the first couple of rounds to collect data.

The weird meta here is you assuming you know what's going on at the other end of the internet. They might also mistake you for garbage for not running it back.

Edzi

Alex seems really bad against the shotos. Or anyone with a projectile really.

Does he have any reliable means of damage outside of his command grab/using meter? His main combos seem to come off of lights, which do next to nothing in terms of damage.

Westlo

Sometimes you just adapt, in 2 of my last 3 Ft2's I got absolutely destroyed by 2 gold ryus (think they both got perfects as well) in the first match before winning the next 2 matches in both.

I like lost 50 LP to gain nearly 450, and I wish I was that good to be able to sandbag like that on purpose lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom