• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
From reddit:

Ceuo3PbWwAAckvS.jpg

I knew 12 and 13 were tied to level but I wasn't sure about the last two. And I'm sure it was, but I asked and didn't get a response and I'm not going to dig through the past 20 pages.

Basically I just really want Vega's color 15 because it's by far the best one but of course I can't because it's tied to a character level so high that no one has it yet. So frustrating.

I also bought Vega's story mode costume hoping it would grow on me, but...nope. Still super indifferent towards it.

20 is quite the hyperbole, the first time you asked it was answered on the page before it, only a few posts after your last post.
The second time you asked it was once again on the page before.

BiggNife

20 is quite the hyperbole, the first time you asked it was answered on the page before it, only a few posts after your last post.
The second time you asked it was once again on the page before.

Ok? Sorry I seemingly offended you because I missed the last time it was answered in a thread that's currently moving fast because of the new update. Jeez louise.

NastyBook

If you feel that you were suckered into believing you'd get two easy wins, just take the loss and back out of the decider.
In no way did I ever say I was looking for two easy wins, or easy wins in general. I want a straight up match. I'm almost certain my playstyle can be read while still being played against competitively, so there's no need to throw me a bone.

I don't feel Ranked is worth it at Super Gold anymore. Either you win and get 5-30 points, or you lose and you lose 100+ points :/
Ranked was never worth it, other than to test how fast you can adapt in the span of 2 - 3 rounds after learning how to properly play the game elsewhere.

Alex seems really bad against the shotos. Or anyone with a projectile really.
He has the projectile crushing slash, one hit of armor on his charge EX elbow, a fairly fast stomp even without meter and the HP dive after a forward jump to get around fireballs. He has adequate tools against them (albeit with risks involved) just like everyone else.

Alex's win quote against mika, that was mean.
uumjcd.png

Big Brett

Finally landed Cammy's last trial holy hell that was tough. Satisfying though, love this new mode. Her combos seem actually useful, too.

FiggyCal

Banned
Ranked was never worth it, other than to test how fast you can adapt in the span of 2 - 3 rounds after learning how to properly play the game elsewhere.

He has the projectile crushing slash, one hit of armor on his charge EX elbow, a fairly fast stomp even without meter and the HP dive after a forward jump to get around fireballs. He has adequate tools against them (albeit with risks involved) just like everyone else.

uumjcd.png

Does he have a good wake up? He seems to get bullied after being knocked down.

mbpm1

Throw seems to be the go to wakeup whenever Im playing online. I've been thrown out of all my terrible meaties i throw out.

Know when your meaty is actually a meaty (i.e., 99% of the time people online think dashing into my quick-rising character off of any random knockdown and throwing a slow normal will hit when it won't) and enjoy your free counterhits

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
In no way did I ever say I was looking for two easy wins, or easy wins in general. I want a straight up match. I'm almost certain my playstyle can be read while still being played against competitively, so there's no need to throw me a bone.

But you pressed that rematch button after getting an easy win and suddenly get pissed and rage quit when it turns out the guy is better than you...

My point still stands. If you're going to play a competitive game then take the losses when they come. Don't try to justify rage quitting. It's a video game, and I presume you're an adult. It's pathetic.

tariniel

Only ended up buying 1 costume with FM (Bison) - I don't really like any of the other story mode costumes for my alternate characters. I also really don't like Bison's FM colors. Blah. I even bought the season pass too so there doesn't seem like much else coming soon for me spend it on.

Also Karin's trial 6 is beyond bullshit.

How and why the fuck are people rage quitting in casual matches?? There is literally nothing to lose in a casual match, why?

It's either lag or legit anger I suppose.

Earlier in the week I was playing the new patch with rematch button in casuals, and I had a few drinks in me, was just having a great time. I lost to a Karin player on 3rd game, 3rd round, really close, and he taunted right after stun before he killed me. I thought "why? that was such a good game... why ruin it with taunting?" and before I knew it I alt-tabbed and closed the game on him.

I don't feel good about it in retrospect and I've never done it in ranked. Irrational anger.

myco666

All trials done except that Karin 6. The execution in that just breaks my brain. I can juggle two Tenkos together with ease and CA after Tenko but that Orochi either won't come out or it won't connect.

Is there any confirmation about the 1 million FM trophy if you need to have it all at once?

LakeEarth

If you don't have an DP in this game, you don't have a good wakeup.

I know you're joking, but my wakeup experiences have drastically changes when switching from Birdie to Necalli. So many people trying to bait the DP. I've won so many matches doing wakeup command grab because they keep just standing there.

Can someone explain Birdies trial 2? I just can't get how Im supposed to get the bull horn off in time.. Do I hold in mk right at the start of the jump then release right after mp landed? or what button do I use for it? So frustrating.

LakeEarth

Can someone explain Birdies trial 2? I just can't get how Im supposed to get the bull horn off in time.. Do I hold in mk right at the start of the jump then release right after mp landed? or what button do I use for it? So frustrating.
Bullhorn is identical no matter what button you're holding. So hold one of the buttons that aren't used in the combo before jumping.

You aren't the first to complain about this one. I'm confused on what's causing so many to think that you have to activate bullhorn using mk.

joe2187

Banned

hold down one button that isnt in the combo, then let it go when you get the hit confirm.

All trials done except that Karin 6. The execution in that just breaks my brain. I can juggle two Tenkos together with ease and CA after Tenko but that Orochi either won't come out or it won't connect.

Is there any confirmation about the 1 million FM trophy if you need to have it all at once?

For orochi do the dash motion, hold down and press kick ~ punch.

HardRojo

Throw seems to be the go to wakeup whenever Im playing online. I've been thrown out of all my terrible meaties i throw out.

If you're being thrown out of your "meaties", then they're not actual meaties, know when you are at advantage after a knockdown. For example, Nash is at disadvantage if he dashes forward after a front throw and his opponent quick rises.

A.E Suggs

Whoah whoah whaoh, what's your strategy with each? I've had the hardest time with Gief on Hard for some reason.

With vega they can't deal with flying barcelona, like at all.. With gief for some reason they act stupid to the armor on his standing fierce. You'll have trouble vs cammy,chun and mika(well at least I did) but the rest are a cakewalk, especially since they can't deal with lariot well either.

N3ilunik

Neo Member
Is it me or Alex's colors 11 to 15 are not available in the shop?

Capcom better wake up. No Alex in the Survival rotation and no additional colors feels wrong. I hope it won't be the case for the rest of the DLC cast.

LakeEarth

darnit!!! It's because only like 3 ppl have the trophy!!

Capcom plz...

I checked this and you aren't kidding. It currently has a 0.02% achievement rate on PSN Profiles. That's fricken minuscule.

In another case of the trophy description not being specific, I didn't realize the "300 win" trophy is only ranked and does not include casual matches. The description only says '300 matches'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom