• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Just quit my lvl 33 hard survival after the game didn't give me the rematc/quit match option after the match, so instead of pressing quit match, i picked return to main menu or whatever the thing is called. Either way, I'm officially done with trying to do hard survival now, shit just is not worth.

El Sloth

Banned
Yeah I generally have a bad connection against east coast : ( GGs. First alex I play in a long set.

You gotta work on your hit confirms though, I don't think st mp, st mp links? There were a few times you would have won if you'd have super canceled a flash chop, I'm not sure how safe chop is for pressure though. Generally I feel like this matchup is not that bad for Alex with meter, he has decent tools, you'd essentially need to be reactive to nash's mistakes in the neutral and take risks every once in a while. Also, you can use his CC shoulder (cr fwd hp?) to punish any v-trigger attempt on reaction.

Nice to see you around man, let's play some other time.
It was pretty playable tho. There were very few moments where I felt I got hit by something because of rollback teleportation, like 3 moments out of 20 2/3 games. Better than our UNIEL games I think!

Yeah, I totally do. It does, but only on counterhit (which happens a lot in ranked so its become a bad habit). I'm honestly just forget I have full super meter sometimes lol. I need to pay more attention. I always forgot to keep an eye on your vtrigger meter as well. Huh, that's pretty interesting. I'll try that out in training mode. Thatnks for the heads up! I usually just react with a standing jab once I see the animation (when I'm actually paying attention I mean).

This isn't my account so I won't be on it regularly unfortunately. Once in a blue moon. I still dont have my own copy lol.

ArjanN

It always seems like when I match with a Ken it's some potatoe internet asshole with Bison teleports. I hope they enjoy the points, because they aren't deserved.

Same as it was in SF4 really, if someone had a shit connection they usually played characters like Ken or Blanka or Zangief that let you button-mash during lag pretty effectively.

VariantX

My shit connection blew up, but I got blown up harder by Six's mika

Edit: the hell? Keeps dropping in round two against Six?? Is that normal?

ElFly

I hope they don't keep giving the 3S guys parries as V-skill/V-trigger.

Great to see Bison finally win a major. After going all of SF4 with no wins, I'm excited.

I need an interview with M. Bison about his win

reporter: how do you feel about this tourney victory
m. bison: p happy, a big hug for all my shadoloo homies back at the base. I wanna tell you this will be a great year for dictatorial take overs all around the globe

Trickster

Pretty sure I just beat Phenom on an alt account. "PhenomThebeast", played Bison, Norwegian flag and had a 10 win streak

I then got absolutely destroyed in the other two matches though

Vega's ability to get gigantic dmg on his opponent from anywhere on the screen thanks to v-trigger into CA really triggers me. Fucker just zones all game and then if you get below a certain threshold, you're just dead unless the Vega scrubs it up.

Mr. X

Going to run a test stream for the PC version in a few minutes. I'm creating a private lobby with 8 slots and will be streaming matches for a while. (I may or may not play myself, depending on how lag and performance are affected when streaming. If my setup struggles with it, I'll just sit around spectating.)

If you want in the lobby, just quote this post with your CFN ID and I'll add you in a little bit. North American players only please, so that the lag is less likely to be miserable for anyone. I'll be keeping it on single-game matches so that the wait time for other players in the lobby isn't too obscene.

Stream link:
http://twitch.tv/sixfortyfive
Cfn id xthegenius

Anyone know of a good online guide/tips for using Alex? I understand his moveset and completed his trials but am having trouble applying him to actual battles, especially against more agile opponents.

stn

Thinking of using Laura! Before I do, two important questions:

1. Is her QCF+LP safe on block?
2. Is her QCF+FP a viable anti-air?

Thanks.

Artanisix

Just quit my lvl 33 hard survival after the game didn't give me the rematc/quit match option after the match, so instead of pressing quit match, i picked return to main menu or whatever the thing is called. Either way, I'm officially done with trying to do hard survival now, shit just is not worth.

tbh i just cheated in all of them to unlock all the colors/fight money for each char

El Sloth

Banned
Good games, Mr. x. Already about to be midnight over here without me realizing.

I definitely feel you werent pressuring me enough with throw, both in nuetral and after knockdown. I would only have to worry about blocking high or low most of the time. Getting cornered wasnt that scary because I would bet on throw not coming.

Sometimes Chuns who just walk up and throw you are the scariest.

Zackat

It's a trainer, idk if it still works on the latest patch tho. If you search "trainer" in this thread it should pop up.

It works, I gave up trying to do it the legit way for all the characters and alt get-ups I want. Capcom really fucked up by not making all colors on all alternate costumes unlock for a character when you beat the mode on the level.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone around for games? Don't really feel like streaming since I don't think I'll be up that much longer.

CFN: Sixfortyfive

Mr. X

Good games, Mr. x. Already about to be midnight over here without me realizing.

I definitely feel you werent pressuring me enough with throw, both in nuetral and after knockdown. I would only have to worry about blocking high or low most of the time. Getting cornered wasnt that scary because I would bet on throw not coming.
Thanks for the feedback.

You should use more 3f traps and 4f traps like mp xx mp chop and convert on trades.

nor should ranked match you against people 2 leagues above you. Shit is just silly all around. You can't tell me there are so few people playing it has to do that.

2 leagues I can handle. Its 3 leagues that screws with me. Once got 3 golds in a 5, 6 game session when i was u bronze. It's like yeah, just losing 25 a game but... Thats a gamble with lottery odds of winning.

That's what every match as Zangief feels like.;)

You knew what you were signing up for picking Zangief, lol.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm trying to gauge how serious that grind to level 50 is. Most of the people at the top of the leaderboards are still in the low 40s with their main characters.

Talk about rage quitting, I just had some doof with a pathetic Bison rage quit his own lobby cause his constant jumping wasn't paying off
Also higher ranking than me.

wrongway

It works, I gave up trying to do it the legit way for all the characters and alt get-ups I want. Capcom really fucked up by not making all colors on all alternate costumes unlock for a character when you beat the mode on the level.

I think I might have grab the trainer if I want any more colors. After doing half of the Easy ones and clearing through Hard for two, I don't have any more in me. I don't even want to mash c.HK through the rest of the Easy ones. Fuck Survival.

On a happier note, I got my first ever perfect KO in a live game tonight. Got blasted by Nash's CA to move the BO3 to match point, then Oh-hohohoho'd the fuck out of the final round. So good. Made all the queue time and shonky matches tonight worth it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom