• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Finally did Ken's 10th, I made that harder on myself than it needed to be. Once I slowed my inputs down I got it pretty fast.

Edit: Woo, got'm all.

Pretty much, I checked yesterday and Arturo was set as Alex. Just gonna go out on a limb here and say that's not his main.

He probably swapped it for lobbies, but everytime I've seen him stream Alex in ranked he's playing on nycfurby instead of TS-Sabin

Edgeward

That one extra active frame on Alex's normals over Vega's really help him get the advantage in neutral. He stuffs a lot of my stuff. And his drop kick makes it impossible to AA him with crimson terror ;_;

Also Chun Li is my most annoying character in this game.

Went on a losing streak and went from mid-ultra silver to almost silver. Feels like the longer I play each session, either the game matches me with better and better people or I my skills deteriorate. I feel like its the latter.

Also found my first ragequitter in a while. Id: Anotherone and a Ken player.

ohkay

I've been playing only casual for a couple days, and the variety of characters I see is a lot greater than in ranked. Don't think I've fought a Ken or Ryu in a while

Character count:

62 Nash
53 M. Bison
42 Ryu
39 Chun-Li
33 Ken
33 Karin
31 Dhalsim
29 Cammy
28 Alex
27 R. Mika
26 Necalli
24 Birdie
23 Laura
16 Vega
15 Rashid
10 F.A.N.G
9 Zangief

Those Alexs are mostly just people trying him out in casual. Meaning those results are messed up.
Edit, shit super late.

mbpm1

how crazy was it?

Definitely a momentum monster. I lost 2-1 in ranked but it was close until the final round when he exploded with headbutts and resets.

Fought a guy named Breazy who RQ bc he mistimed his meaty and ate a st. lk > V-trigger and died.

Know your meaty timings bruh

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm studying Mika's various unblockable V-Trigger setups. This seems to work on the whole cast now due to the extra jump frame they added in the last patch.

Block = get hit by the super
Jump back / jump up = get hit by Nadeshiko AND the super
Jump forward = get hit by Nadeshiko, Mika whiffs super but still gets frame advantage from the knockdown*
Back dash = get hit by Nadeshiko, Mika whiffs super but still gets frame advantage from the knockdown

* Unless you're Zangief or Birdie, in which case you still take both hits lol. :V

KingBroly

Banned
I'M REALLY BAD THOUGH

So...Cammy's 10th trial.

EDIT - I'll reiterate my disappointment/hate for the Demonstrations. Just lazy. It doesn't help me figure out a character at all. Especially because there's a few seconds in-between each move, so you don't know when it's done. Just let me do it myself so I can know what it looks and feels like.

LegendX48

Speaking of matchmaking, it's even worse when the game straight up trolls you. You hear the announcer shouting to get ready for battle but then it's immediately dropped the before it can't even leave the main menu.

Trickster

Man, fighting good Vegas just is not fun. Getting in with Mika? Might as well just play the lottery, chances of winning that is higher

edit - oh good, third time playing him in a row now, thanks

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"I'm fucking Mika. If I'm not dead, I'm alive." - Floe on stream just now

LMAO

Xeteh

So...Cammy's 10th trial.

EDIT - I'll reiterate my disappointment/hate for the Demonstrations. Just lazy. It doesn't help me figure out a character at all. Especially because there's a few seconds in-between each move, so you don't know when it's done. Just let me do it myself so I can know what it looks and feels like.

I've actually got it down pretty well now. I've been doing it over and over just trying to help with my execution. I realized I was jumping and inputting the kick before I completed my QCB for the Cannon Spike. Now I can hit the whole trial a couple times in a row.

LegendX48

just beat a silver Laura, though I don't think Laura was their main. Either way, going out on a high note kind of... well, a good enough one.... not a loss >.>

also, GaimeGuy, thanks for the link!

Sheroking

Capcom ruined this game for me. Like 100% ruined.

I always grant rematches. Nobody ever gives me one. Most people don't play the third match if it's 1-1. Fucking bullshit gets me saltier than anything else I've experienced in gaming.

Basically I think my only option is to quit out of EVERY game after the first game regardless of the outcome.

KingBroly

Banned
I've actually got it down pretty well now. I've been doing it over and over just trying to help with my execution. I realized I was jumping and inputting the kick before I completed my QCB for the Cannon Spike. Now I can hit the whole trial a couple times in a row.

I'm more concerned about the quick forward walk followed by the short jump and Cannon Spike

Moaradin

Weird. Like 9/10 of my games get rematches. The only ones that don't are really laggy or the ones where you just KNOW the other guy is gonna take the points and run.

Xeteh

I'm more concerned about the quick forward walk followed by the short jump and Cannon Spike

Not sure what you mean, do you mean after the VTrigger? There is no walk forward, you just jump out of the VTrigger. I might be misunderstanding you though.

LegendX48

Capcom ruined this game for me. Like 100% ruined.

I always grant rematches. Nobody ever gives me one. Most people don't play the third match if it's 1-1. Fucking bullshit gets me saltier than anything else I've experienced in gaming.

Basically I think my only option is to quit out of EVERY game after the first game regardless of the outcome.

I haven't run into that as often but it does come up. I usually wait to see if the other player wants to rematch before picking it myself though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom