• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always granted rematch, whether the opponent is leagues above me or not. I don't mind getting bodied again and again. Only exception is when the connection is laggy.

Capcom ruined this game for me. Like 100% ruined.

I always grant rematches. Nobody ever gives me one. Most people don't play the third match if it's 1-1. Fucking bullshit gets me saltier than anything else I've experienced in gaming.

Basically I think my only option is to quit out of EVERY game after the first game regardless of the outcome.

I'll 2 out of 3 if you want. :p

Just died at stage 35 against Sim because the game decided to give me a low when I had 10% of my health left. Even the most skilled players will need luck for this survival BS. I feel bad for the people strictly behind the actual gameplay of SFV because everything else about this game was a 10 car pile up of a wreck at launch. Don't see any hints of survival mode being retooled into something actually fun either.

Also, stun gun loops actually worked pretty far into the game. Color me surprised.

Xeteh

That's gonna make it a lot easier for me to do now.

Good luck!

Just died at stage 35 against Sim because the game decided to give me a low when I had 10% of my health left. Even the most skilled players will need luck for this survival BS. I feel bad for the people strictly behind the actual gameplay of SFV because everything else about this game was a 10 car pile up of a wreck at launch. Don't see any hints of survival mode being retooled into something actually fun either.

Also, stun gun loops actually worked pretty far into the game. Color me surprised.

Yeah, it is awful. I'm pretty convinced I'll never be able to do Hard, its just too much.

Sheroking

Playing angry, hemorrhaging points. Why wouldn't I get matched up with Floe and get bodied with wake-up super on stream.

Might need to put the game down for a few weeks now.

Playing angry, hemorrhaging points. Why wouldn't I get matched up with Floe and get bodied with wake-up super on stream.

Oh man, I had a feeling that was you. Don't take it hard, Floe hates the character more than you do.

ohkay

I always grant rematches. Nobody ever gives me one. Most people don't play the third match if it's 1-1. Fucking bullshit gets me saltier than anything else I've experienced in gaming.

Basically I think my only option is to quit out of EVERY game after the first game regardless of the outcome.
At least floe gave you the rematch

mbpm1

It's okay Shero.

"You didn't take into account the character you were facing."

I beat a Gold tier Dhalsim today and he didnt rematch me :(

For ever super silver. Gold tier doesn't seem impossible anymore though. Like I know what I have to work on. First 3 weeks with the game were rough though.

SSReborn

Being honourable doesn't always pay. I also know this well.

Oh my god. All this input error nonsense I've been struggling with. Figured it out.
When comboing into Necalli's charge attack: to make sure the right version comes out(since this game loves to phantom input), simply press the button before pressing forward on disc g lp motion.
Christ, how many times have I been screwed by this conversion getting flubbed...
No wait, thats not it either. Fuck I need sleep.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Weird. Like 9/10 of my games get rematches. The only ones that don't are really laggy or the ones where you just KNOW the other guy is gonna take the points and run.

Yeah, I've found people to respect the 2/3 set for the most part. It's really refreshing.

Last night was pretty sour, though. It's mainly my own fault for being outplayed, but I was slowly dragged back down to super bronze by people who were all about that "first to one"...

Also, I can laugh off rage quitting at this point, because legitimate random disconnects are the worst. I was getting bodied by a Ken player, and just before the end of the first round it tells me "lost connection to opponent". No doubt they would have seen the same message, and nothing would have looked more like a RQ at that point -_-;;

Is there a way to message people you've recently played? Times like that make me feel like asking for forgiveness...

Got into Gold on PS4, pretty happy with that but I think I can break 5k, just need to work on my AAs a lot more. Sitting around 4.2k now with Karin.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some of Floe's Mika and he gets away with SO MUCH SHIT. Why does NO ONE block after the reset?? He's fighting gold players, bronze players, NO ONE FUCKING blocks. When I try that shit it doesn't work. The character isn't brainless, the average player is.

galvenize

Watching some of Floe's Mika and he gets away with SO MUCH SHIT. Why does NO ONE block after the reset?? He's fighting gold players, bronze players, NO ONE FUCKING blocks. When I try that shit it doesn't work. The character isn't brainless, the average player is.

If you block then she grabs you, or not. it's 50/50.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think Mika train dies after Guile is released, good Guile players will zone her out..

lol why would anything change? Nash already in the game bro. So is Ryu, and Ken, and Karin, and Chun. edit: and Sim, and Fang.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

My favorite part was how he wasted the V-Trigger every round but it didn't matter.

People panic when in the corner with Mika. Also, they are afraid of the throw.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite part was how he wasted the V-Trigger every round but it didn't matter.

Nothing mattered. Kind of depressing watching him hate everything and not care and still play orders of magnitude better than me, lol

Rektash

When did Capcom announce there was gonna be an update/a patch this month? Did I miss anything?

I mean, sure, we are going to get a new character, but did they say we would get an update as well?

Hyun Sai

I'm getting really tired to not getting any matches at all in matchmaking.

I never had this problem with SFIV or Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in my region.

I think I'll take a long break and more if they don't fix this.

is it capcom or the players hm

That one extra active frame on Alex's normals over Vega's really help him get the advantage in neutral. He stuffs a lot of my stuff. And his drop kick makes it impossible to AA him with crimson terror ;_;
He's surprisingly effective playing the poking game from mid-screen against Dhalsim too. Plus he has to be cautious anti-airing him since the air dive makes them whiff.

Spman2099

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hated-character-in-street-fighter-5-right-now

A full on articles of saltiness*.

This is first time I've used this term, and the last time I will use this term. I just couldn't think of a better way of summing it up

I do find the irrational anger towards R. Mika legitimately funny. Oh well, you can't make everyone happy (especially in the fighting game community where everyone wants to shift the blame at all times).

vg260

When did Capcom announce there was gonna be an update/a patch this month? Did I miss anything?

I mean, sure, we are going to get a new character, but did they say we would get an update as well?

It will need to be patched to provide the character data, but they haven't promised any other content for the month yet.

I hope they implement some fixes based on feedback, but I could easily see those missing this month. It depends on what sort of lead time there is for content.

ElFly

Oh my god. All this input error nonsense I've been struggling with. Figured it out.
When comboing into Necalli's charge attack: to make sure the right version comes out(since this game loves to phantom input), simply press the button before pressing forward on disc g lp motion.
Christ, how many times have I been screwed by this conversion getting flubbed...
No wait, thats not it either. Fuck I need sleep.

Someone needs to read on "negative edge".

edit: a way of avoiding negative edge screwing you, is to leave the button you comboed _from_ pressed while you press the button you really want to combo _into_ for the special. This may be though to do in a pad, and is way more doable on a stick, where you are pressing with your other fingers, but it is not impossible on a pad, depending on configuration and which exact combo we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom