• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
So...with the next patch, we're expecting...

- Guile
- Premium Costumes
- Daily Challenges
- Rage Quit Patch

Anything else? Cuz, that's not better than the patch we just got.

Any tips for a newcomer? I haven't played since Street Fighter 2 on SNES as a kid. I consider myself a mid-to-high MK9/X, Injustice, and Smash player. I know the basics, I know essentially all of Ryu's moves, but am having a tough time adjusting my skills from MK.

Is there a good beginner character? Good combos to get started on?

KingBroly

Banned
Any tips for a newcomer? I haven't played since Street Fighter 2 on SNES as a kid. I consider myself a mid-to-high MK9/X, Injustice, and Smash player. I know the basics, I know essentially all of Ryu's moves, but am having a tough time adjusting my skills from MK.

Cammy and Nash are regarded as the easiest to learn

BiggNife

- Guile
- Premium Costumes
- Daily Challenges
- Rage Quit Patch

Probably those "special" fights that they talked about around release, like the Shadaloo soldier and a superpowered Bison. Like the daily challenges, they were originally said to be in the March patch.

And, I mean, seriously, what else would you expect from a monthly patch? They can't just create a dozen new modes out of thin air. The game is gradually getting better but this shit takes time.

Ryu is of course the best beginner character as he's a jack of all trades. Next on the list would be Nash and then I'd say either Ken or cammy personally.

My suggestion would be to spend time perfecting your usage of his normals. For anti-airing, for general pressure, for counter-poking, for the neutral state.
I'll give Cammy a try. Any reason in particular?
Cammy is an offensive character with no overhead,command grab or fireball. You have to learn how to mix things up and how to maintain pressure with her. Though personally, I wouldn't exactly say she's beginner friendly.

KingBroly

Banned
Probably those "special" fights that they talked about around release, like the Shadaloo soldier and a superpowered Bison. Like the daily challenges, they were originally said to be in the March patch.

And, I mean, seriously, what else would you expect from a monthly patch? They can't just create a dozen new modes out of thin air.

I'd EXPECT Offline Versus CPU, since it's in store demo units. But knowing Capcom, they probably deleted the code for that and are wondering if they should re-create it from scratch.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Rashid, laura, and trials are all you need.

Xeteh

Wow, you're at opposite ends of the spectrum there lol.

I'm also really excited for Guile, he's always been my main in every street fighter game he's been in.

... yeah but Cammy is awesome.

Cammy is an offensive character with no overhead,command grab or fireball. You have to learn how to mix things up and how to maintain pressure with her. Though personally, I wouldn't exactly say she's beginner friendly.

Yeah, Cammy's execution is on the easier end but with her low health/stun I don't feel like she's forgiving.

Mediking

Man, I love this game when it's doing everything right.

Earlier this morning, it was just me and a few of my friends fighting each other in Battle Lounge. It was incredibly fun. We didn't hafta worry about points. We was just fighting and giving each other tips and goofing off. It was awesome.

There was this beautiful moment where me (Cammy) was fighting my friend's Ryu. We both barely had any health left. We kept pacing back and forth to see who would drop their guard first. I activated Cammy's V Trigger. I did a EX Cannon Spike just as Ryu was about to hit me and it was a DOUBLE KO. It was so hype.

Another beautiful moment happened... In one of my matches with my friends, Cammy and I were in sync. Like it was crazy. I felt like I had total control over her. It was amazing.

Also another piece of good news... remember how I kept saying how the update killed my Season Pass? Well, all I had to do was "rebuy" my Season Pass again from PSN and it came back for free.

Street Fighter V: A near 10/10 fighting game... but Survival Mode keeps it from being a 10.

Durden77

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Guile. I play so defensively, I think he'll be a good fit. Cammy is fun though.

I've never played Cammy in SF for, but I've found myself very interested in her latley. She's very fum in this game.

I wonder how he's gunna look lol

I hope it's not like his story artwork, or that photo in the story mode trailer. I want to see what they kind of redesign they can give him. Don't go to crazy tho!

I don't care what anyone says, always start with Ryu.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited for Guile
's theme
to finally come to SF5

It better be a good version

vg260

- Guile
- Premium Costumes
- Daily Challenges
- Rage Quit Patch

I would only expect Guile for sure. Anything else is expecting too much, honestly.

There's no telling if they're still behind on their planned features being implemented, and have even begun programming any reactive fixes.

mattp

have they ever given examples of what type of things will be daily challenges?

is it gonna be like the stuff in SF3 online like "win 5 matches via CA"?

KingBroly

Banned
have they ever given examples of what type of things will be daily challenges?

is it gonna be like the stuff in SF3 online like "win 5 matches via CA"?

I think some of the files are already in the files, they just haven't finished them or something.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Considering the updates for the returning characters, I think it should be in good hands.

Hope so. I like almost all of the updated old themes in SF5, but a lot of the new tunes I don't care for.

GOAT themes:

-Main menu

-Alex
-Mika
-Ryu
-Ken
-Cammy
-Zangief (love the Rocky vibe)
-Nash
-Karin

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
RASHIDOO?
FANG's elevator music?
Birdie?

Rashidoooo is an ear worm, but aside from that it doesn't have a lot going on? It's alright. I'm never gonna go listen to it outside of the game. The other two I can't even bring to mind which says it all I guess.

edit: you're right, FANG's theme is pretty dope (despite the character being a piece of trash)

qcf x2

I wonder how he's gunna look lol

He's gonna look exactly the same. He's gonna turtle, throw sonic booms, flash kick if you jump, spinning backfist you, randomly jab, just like Guile always has since forever. I wish I could fast forward past his reveal tbh. He's the anti-hype..

He's gonna look exactly the same. He's gonna turtle, throw sonic booms, flash kick if you jump, spinning backfist you, randomly jab, just like Guile always has since forever. I wish I could fast forward past his reveal tbh. He's the anti-hype..
Heathen. Aren't you at least curious to see what they do for his V-skill/V-Trigger?

You see him wearing a shortsleeved dress shirt with a tie and sunglasses in Nash's story.

You see him wearing a shortsleeved dress shirt with a tie and sunglasses in Nash's story.
Would make sense for that to be his story costume with his regular look to be the default.

His premium costume better be cool though, Alex's was a fucking travesty. He looks like a poorly made mannequin.

qcf x2

Heathen. Aren't you at least curious to see what they do for his V-skill/V-Trigger?

I'm, like, morbidly curious. Really I just want to see how annoying his V-Trigger will be. The safest idea I can think of is give him half-charge booms but with a meter that only allows like 4, but even thinking about Guile depresses me, so I won't.

Who's after? Juri?

Would make sense for that to be his story costume with his regular look to be the default.

His premium costume better be cool though, Alex's was a fucking travesty. He looks like a poorly made mannequin.

I'd like Alex's premium better if he didn't have the cap and shirt. He'd just be MMA-Man, then.

I'm, like, morbidly curious. Really I just want to see how annoying his V-Trigger will be. The safest idea I can think of is give him half-charge booms but with a meter that only allows like 4, but even thinking about Guile depresses me, so I won't.

Who's after? Juri?
Balrog
I'd like Alex's premium better if he didn't have the cap and shirt. He'd just be MMA-Man, then.
The problem is two fold.

(a) His eyebrows aren't covered in his premium costumes. HIS EYES LOOK FUCKING MANIACAL.

(b)HE IS A FUCKING HUGE MAN IN A TINY ASS SHIRT. It's like he slept over at his girlfriend's house and just picked up the first thing he saw when he heard he had to get to a fight.

It's ok for a regular alt costume but for a costume that you HAVE to pay to get? It's horrible.

He and Laura must shop at the same place

plz... Costume swap.

The problem is two fold.

(a) His eyebrows aren't covered in his premium costumes. HIS EYES LOOK FUCKING MANIACAL.

(b)HE IS A FUCKING HUGE MAN IN A TINY ASS SHIRT. It's like he slept over at his girlfriend's house and just picked up the first thing he saw when he heard he had to get to a fight.

It's ok for a regular alt costume but for a costume that you HAVE to pay to get? It's horrible.

I'm pretty sure they wanted a 90's look for him. That type of shirt is something that a pro wrestler tears off. The big X on the front screams Degeneration X to me.

And then who follows? According to the DLC images people speak of, at least.
2975258-sf5-1.jpg

This is the order.

June will have story mode, no character in june. Balrog will be may and then it'll be on July/August/September.

2975258-sf5-1.jpg

This is the order.

June will have story mode, no character in june. Balrog will be may and then it'll be on July/August/September.

Thanks for the info. I've honestly only played Street Fighter on the SNES (and some matches here and there on IV) so I care mostly about Balrog and Guile.

Thanks for the info. I've honestly only played Street Fighter on the SNES (and some matches here and there on IV) so I care mostly about Balrog and Guile.
*Brofist*

FYI, there's been talk of redesigning Balrog similar to how they've "redesigned" Vega. It's possible he might not be a charge character anymore or that he might have changes to his established moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom