• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, ex is good because it combos from max range of cr mp where crimson terror will whiff and for gimmicks in the corner where you can cross people up.

Regular wall dive is just way to slow to be of any use, even movement wise.

And Chun's st LK. That fucking hitbox is almost Birdie tier.

Yeah it's crazy good, chun and birdie make walldive just free damage for them, even in the corner st LK will beat out a walldive that's going for a crossup; so dumb.
You can't even used it in the corner as a fake out, because you won't move away far enough and just land in front of them for a free punish.

Tripon

Rainbow Mika and Zangief are good friends.

HGb4RHm.jpg

Dr9vR7b.jpg

stn

There IS a "Hell" difficulty still in survival, right? I'm pretty sure the highest I can select is extreme. Is there some bug? I do recall playing on Hell the first day I got the game.

I just think there tend to be more players on PS4, meaning more chance of people knowing how to bullshit on survival AI.

It's not necessarily a matter of "knowing how to bullshit on survival AI."

There's a bunch of clips of people going after the hard/survival trophies on PS4 and after watching good chunks of those, I never see the AI go quite as insane as it seems to turn on me most attempts.

Could be luck/RNG or could be hardware dependent. Only way I could say for sure, personally at least, is if I could get a fight stick that works with my PS4 and a copy of the game. But even then, unlocks/character levels are tied to CFN id and that seems to be platform dependent, so there's no real point in worrying about it.

Survival just sucks. That's the takeaway here. ;)

Is this game already dead online? The waiting times to find a match are way to long...

And do you have any advices for a beginner? I just finished every character "story" without much problem, but in online matches they kicked my ass so hard....

Maybe those that try more knock down the difficulty? Or I dunno, Megaman seemed to get it on his first try.

Or maybe it's like Bloodborne prepatched - the longer you play the worse the AI gets.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Finally practiced Alex's parry in Training Mode. Sweet Lord. The timing is much easier than Ryu's for sure. Of course, nobody in real play will ever chuck out mid to full-screen Shinkuu Hadokens, but still, ending a parry with a charged Lariat into combo is just all sorts of badass.

My friend is already calling for Alex' V-Trigger to be nerfed, btw. My first day Alex was putting it on him, so now he's a first day hater.

It's not necessarily a matter of "knowing how to bullshit on survival AI."

There's a bunch of clips of people going after the hard/survival trophies on PS4 and after watching good chunks of those, I never see the AI go quite as insane as it seems to turn on me most attempts.

Could be luck/RNG or could be hardware dependent. Only way I could say for sure, personally at least, is if I could get a fight stick that works with my PS4 and a copy of the game. But even then, unlocks/character levels are tied to CFN id and that seems to be platform dependent, so there's no real point in worrying about it.

Survival just sucks. That's the takeaway here. ;)

Ah in that sense. In that case, it's probably luck. Gotta mention I did almost get beat real bad by Zangief around 90, he got me real good and I was sure I almost spend 40 mins for nothing. But after his insane counters and spd reads he somehow cooled down and I was able to pull off the same strat I did. I really lucked out there and especially since I got a full health recovery after that round.

LakeEarth

Yeah I'm trying to put Alex's parry into my repertoire as well. Right now his V-Trigger is a combo extender / pressure tool only, but sometimes I remember the parry exists and use it.

I actually did that tech where I parry a v-reversal. But I was so shocked it worked that I failed to capitalize.

rocK`

Banned
Man...getting gold with Laura was a fucking grind. So many rage quitters - obviously I understand because if my Laura gets her game on, it feels like you can't play, but man did I get more honest matches when I played Karin.

Anyway, ding ding, I won this round

Hex

Banned
I find it hilarious that the last patch didn't change anything regarding Survival mode except this. The people shouted "do something about Hell Survival mode", and this was how Capcom responded.

The patch had nothing to do with Survival Mode.
The patch was already pre-planned and in the works.

Momentary

Banned
Babblin_D asks for a rematch after I perfected him.

Rage quits on the rematch.

Punk. I'm really starting to despise ranked matches.

I take that back. I already despise ranked matches.

Momentary

Banned
ImissFADC is another piece of shit. (Seems like this person already has a name for themselves)

I've got both of these chumps on shadowplay capture.

Is this game already dead online? The waiting times to find a match are way to long...

And do you have any advices for a beginner? I just finished every character "story" without much problem, but in online matches they kicked my ass so hard....

Matchmaking seems borked today -- I didn't get any matches while trying Extreme (Hell) survival just a bit ago... left me in the lurch against Claw in the mid 40s.

Ah in that sense. In that case, it's probably luck. Gotta mention I did almost get beat real bad by Zangief around 90, he got me real good and I was sure I almost spend 40 mins for nothing. But after his insane counters and spd reads he somehow cooled down and I was able to pull off the same strat I did. I really lucked out there and especially since I got a full health recovery after that round.

Yeah, it's really spotty on what will trigger the CPU to decide it's going into rage mode... I just failed survival with Ken on 47 or so? My first attempt at Hell with Ken ended on 69. Claw just decided to go HAM on me and that was that... and there was no fight requests coming in, so I had nothing to try to reset his attitude shift and give me another go.

That said, I got salty, quit out of survival, and went and did Karin's trials. After completing Rashid's last night, that just leaves Nash, Chun, Claw, and Alex to go at some point (and they're all at 6 or 7 completed). Hopefully people are right when they say that Karin's are the worst, but I know I wasn't having much luck with Alex #7 the other night when I tried it again quickly.

Anyone want to fight?

Edit: Hm, guess not. Ranked it is, heh. I'm going against scarier and scarier opponents these days...
Flux you still on? I’m about to make a GAF lobby..anyone down for matches? Maybe a room of 4 so it doesn’t take so long to get into a match.

Femto.

I just noticed that Chun's lips do not move while she speaks before she does her super, was this a new bug after the Alex patch or has it always been like that? lol

LakeEarth

The patch had nothing to do with Survival Mode.
The patch was already pre-planned and in the works.
Still found the time to change the name, since the thought of beating that mode with every character actually resembles the 8th level of Hell.

Zyrox

Finally got the game (and a PS4) 2 days ago. Making decent progress so far. Feels great to play some Street Fighter again. IV wasn't really my kinda thing (was really into SFxT though) but I'm loving V, warts and all.
Just had an incredibly close set against infexious (UK SFIV pro player..well if that really was him. He played Gief)..and won! Damn that was dope. Great match. Already way more successful in this than I ever was in IV lol

FluxWaveZ

Critical drops all over the place; I really need to get a handle on myself when things get tense.

Or in general; really gotta play patient against you guys.

Edit: Hm, morisv, are you also feeling that rollback? It's fine against Omni, but it's actually pretty noticeable in our matches. Unfortunate.

Morris

Disco Devil
Critical drops all over the place; I really need to get a handle on myself when things get tense.

Or in general; really gotta play patient against you guys.

Edit: Hm, morisv, are you also feeling that rollback? It's fine against Omni, but it's actually pretty noticeable in our matches. Unfortunate.

Yeah, wish I had a better connection against EC and CA :/, pretty tough to AA anything. I'll play just a little bit more then call it quits.

I was thinking about getting the PC version also but does it support ps4 madcatz TE? if not then i will pass then. not buying another xbox360 fightstick.

explodet

had my first draw game. game gave the option to play another round, so we ended up playing 4 whole games in casual. neat.
That happened to me yesterday too! Was a Nash who stuck with his plan long after I had figured it out. Managed to clutch it out.

The new oct gate is taking some time to get used to - I think I'll stick with it for a little longer to see if it's helping any.

Yeah, I'd think about joining but I know Flux and Omni are insanely good. I'll just hang out in training where its safer.

I've played both guys in very long sets before. Omni beat me down something like 17-6. Against Flux we went even 17-17, but that was in the first couple weeks of the game. Looks like he has leveled up quite a bit since then where as I haven't made much progress. I'm not even sure I can get a win in this room, I'm just hoping to not be free and keep the matches competitive.

I am almost done with this game, the netcode and match making is TRASH...waiting on Guile if he doesn't hold my interest, next step is delete content and play SF4 instead..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom