• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about getting the PC version also but does it support ps4 madcatz TE? if not then i will pass then. not buying another xbox360 fightstick.

MadCatz has PC drivers for their PS4 sticks, check the site to see if one for yours is available. If not, you'd have to use an emulator like x360ce or Joy2Key.

I wish this game had keyboard support for Battle Lounge. I mean if they're going to give us the ability to message each other in between matches then at least let us say what we actually want to say instead of only being able to choose from a select number of lines.

EDIT: Damn, my connection to morisv is horrid. In the first round I thought I saw my st. MP hit so I confirmed into st. LK > SRK, but then everything got blocked lol. A bunch of other roll back stuff happened. I wonder if it's just us two and maybe his matches with the other guys are just fine.

Zackat

They have only released drivers for their new sticks. It is completely ridiculous that Capcom hasn't added in native Dinput --> Xinput by patch yet.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yeah I'm having a super terrible connection right now. I'm done for now, hope I can play some of you guys in a 1v1 some other time when my connection is better. GGs!

also need to not be hungover as shit

Yeah I'm having a super terrible connection right now. I'm done for now, hope I can play some of you guys in a 1v1 some other time when my connection is better. GGs!

I thought that might have been you but I wasn't sure. Floyd from SF4 right? Nice to run into you again, it's been forever since the last time we played. Wish it was under better circumstances though.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Morris. The rollback was unfortunate, but it wasn't too bad, at least.

EDIT: Damn, my connection to morisv is horrid. In the first round I thought I saw my st. MP hit so I confirmed into st. LK > SRK, but then everything got blocked lol. A bunch of other roll back stuff happened. I wonder if it's just us two and maybe his matches with the other guys are just fine.

I experienced it as well and also fell victim to some "false hit confirms." It's why I sometimes prefer non-rollback based netcode.

Quesa

Another Sim question: is there a noticable difference between doing j.HP > c.MP > M.Flame after instant-air Yoga teleport instead of j.HP > b.MK > M.Flame? I seem to have a lot less trouble doing c.MP but both Sabin and Champ use b.MK so I wanted to know if it was just a preference

bumping this since I posted it overnight

Morris

Disco Devil
I thought that might have been you but I wasn't sure. Floyd from SF4 right? Nice to run into you again, it's been forever since the last time we played. Wish it was under better circumstances though.

Yeah man it's floyd, nice to see you again! Thought those confirms into dp were weird as hell since it looked odd to do it from that distance but I guess it was totally rollback :/ I'm gonna see if opening ports helps out or something, can't really get good pings against EC, only WC plays perfect for me. We can try playing a set another time.

GGs, Morris. The rollback was unfortunate, but it wasn't too bad, at least.

I experienced it as well and also fell victim to some "false hit confirms." It's why I sometimes prefer non-rollback based netcode.

GGs man. Is it possible to jump escape that (optimal distance?) blocked dropkick> ex cmd grab? When I noticed you landed a close dropkick that would put you in range for a grab I would try to jump and I'd still get hugged. Best thing I could do is v-reversal asap but I sometimes get greedy as hell with my meter. Maybe I'm just mistiming it tho...

Morris Rice Eater, Flux, great games.

Morris it was a little lag towards later matches, but it was pretty solid in the beginning, no worries, your skills came through! Tough Nash! GG's

Flux is a maniac as always, but his calm and collected Mika is even more dangerous now lol. He wasn’t going for my DP on wake-up nearly as much as he used to with ultra aggressive play style. I’m sure Flux is pissing a lot of people off in rank lol!! GG’s

Rice-Eater, you’re right there man. Just focus on keeping your cool when matches get close. As shotos, we unfortunately are not going to have a lot of match-ups where we just dominate the round, we are supposed to be balanced characters, especially Ryu. So learning to keep your cool in pressure is very important. You also just need to take advantage of getting hits and turn them into more damage than just something like MP-Ex FB. Remember you can’t get chipped out. Don’t look at the heath meter, Ryu is just one hit away from 50% damage, you are never out of the fight.

Yeah Rashid has some mix-up, but I’d say he’s more frame trap than mix-up. Mika really is 50/50 stuff. But has apparent weaknesses. I guess El was like that too as he had to get a knockdown before all the madness started, I just think the tools in SFVl were easier for Elf to get around his weaknesses. Mika really does have to get in, and work to get around good zoning. She is Elf of the game, but the match up feels nothing like the cheap wake-up guessing game of elf. That run stop/splash/grab b/s was purely Russian roulette lol. And he had a great focus attack on top of that.

LegendX48

I was thinking about getting the PC version also but does it support ps4 madcatz TE? if not then i will pass then. not buying another xbox360 fightstick.

Not really, but you can use x360ce, that's what I use on the pc version. iirc, madcatz released some drivers for the TE2+ to work on the pc version but I don't know how it fares.

FluxWaveZ

Flux is a maniac as always, but his calm and collected Mika is even more dangerous now lol. He wasn’t going for my DP on wake-up nearly as much as he used to with ultra aggressive play style. I’m sure Flux is pissing a lot of people off in rank lol!! GG’s

Ha, if only I could stay calm and collected for longer periods of time; I tend to lose focus and get a bunch of misinputs the more I play in a given period of time.

Need to get better at mind reading, too. I don't take advantage of knock downs like I should be. I did like how I actually pulled off a shimmy at times; I had never really done it before, but my back against the corner (figuratively) required me to pull it off.

Edit: Ken's buttons really mess me up. I can't be spamming cr.HP all the time; I get crush countered to hell. That and, of course, I use charged st.HK way more than I should. I just hate the slow "walk, crouch block, walk" pattern that I need to do against more "defensive" characters.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
After a couple of weeks I've decided Alex was a terrible idea because I'm no longer certain who to main. Bring on Guile and other characters I don't actually care about!

LegendX48

Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw

I always fall for that shit, and then they program me to expect it and they get target into critical art combos on me.

Every. Single. Damn. Time. @_@

Ha, if only I could stay calm and collected for longer periods of time; I tend to lose focus and get a bunch of misinputs the more I play in a given period of time.

Need to get better at mind reading, too. I don't take advantage of knock downs like I should be. I did like how I actually pulled off a shimmy at times; I had never really done it before, but my back against the corner (figuratively) required me to pull it off.

Edit: Ken's buttons really mess me up. I can't be spamming cr.HP all the time; I get crush countered to hell. That and, of course, I use charged st.HK way more than I should. I just hate the slow "walk, crouch block, walk" pattern that I need to do against more "defensive" characters.
Yeah, I was trying to OS when I hit you with RH. It’s pretty demoralizing to players getting that one hit, Ken can do big damage off of it especially with one meter bar. I get that combo off online and a lot of Mika’s tense up, and then I can just dash/run in and pressure. Ken and Mika are destined to be an exciting match for the duration of the game. Very different styles of aggression, but still pretty much about momentum for both characters. Only advantage with Ken is I can go defensive when needed because I have a FB and DP.

Protann

What's the point of letting us go "2/3" in ranked if the player who lost match 1 can just get their points back in match 2 and decline the third match? People ragequitting on me hasn't made me as salty as this situation.

Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw Tick throw

I always fall for that shit, and then they program me to expect it and they get target into critical art combos on me.

Every. Single. Damn. Time. @_@
lol..it’l get easier to read eventually. That’s the player outplaying you though, have to play patience and really follow there tendencies. You are going to get thrown sometimes though, nature of the game.

What's the point of letting us go "2/3" in ranked if the player who lost match 1 can just get their points back in match 2 and decline the third match? People ragequitting on me hasn't made me as salty as this situation.

1) You don’t have to accept the 2nd match in the first place
2) You could beat them both times and get double the points
3) If you lose the first match, players can give you a chance to win them back

It’s a pretty good system, R/Q is the problem, we just need a d/c percentage at the bottom.

LegendX48

lol..it’l get easier to read eventually. That’s the player outplaying you though, have to play patience and really follow there tendencies. You are going to get thrown sometimes though, nature of the game.
Its so damned annoying, especially when Ryu players can get 3 hits in and still be in grab range.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Rice-Eater. I went a bit on auto-pilot there for a long part of the set; one of the issues I have to fix in my play. Pressing buttons on wake up is a real bad thing that I keep doing when I'm playing like that.

GGs, Rice-Eater. I went a bit on auto-pilot there for a long part of the set; one of the issues I have to fix in my play. Pressing buttons on wake up is a real bad thing that I keep doing when I'm playing like that.

GG's, you won by a large margin compared to how it was last time. Nothing has changed my feelings about her. It's such a infuriating experience. I got so angry sometimes I would just mash DP during a knockdown all the way to the next one. That's why you would sometimes block 3 in a row from me. I don't play this way against the rest of the cast, but dealing with Mika is so infuriating that I turn into a mashing scrub.

Rice-Eater, you’re right there man. Just focus on keeping your cool when matches get close. As shotos, we unfortunately are not going to have a lot of match-ups where we just dominate the round, we are supposed to be balanced characters, especially Ryu. So learning to keep your cool in pressure is very important. You also just need to take advantage of getting hits and turn them into more damage than just something like MP-Ex FB. Remember you can’t get chipped out. Don’t look at the heath meter, Ryu is just one hit away from 50% damage, you are never out of the fight.

My use of EX fireball has more to do with my current limitations as a player. I'm no good at confirming something like cr. MP > fireball into super. I even have tons of trouble just doing a punish like cr. HP, SRK, Super from the left side. On the right I can mash it out better, on the left I don't even bother unless I can use the tatsu ender. So I burn meter on EX fireball to maintain pressure instead. Not sure if I can make those personal improvements to utilize Ryu that way. I've always had weak execution.

stn

Ryu is difficult to use, has been ever since 3S. All of his tools are solid but nothing stands out that allows him to dominate. You have to play well from all ranges and you have to be good at everything. He's easy to "play" but difficult to win with. Just keep at it!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Since Alex's f+HP has frame advantage on block, what are some good options to follow up? I have been doing standing LK confirm into EX Chop with some success. What about mix-ups? Can dash in and Power Bomb. Can low jab into Stun Gun Headbutt. Hmmm. I really like Alex in this. Again, the slower, methodical characters tend to click with me, Mika being the sole exception.

Since Alex's f+HP has frame advantage on block, what are some good options to follow up? I have been doing standing LK confirm into EX Chop with some success. What about mix-ups? Can dash in and Power Bomb. Can low jab into Stun Gun Headbutt. Hmmm. I really like Alex in this. Again, the slower, methodical characters tend to click with me, Mika being the sole exception.

+3 on block means your powerbomb attempt will beat any 3 frame jab if you did it close enough. So they need to jump it or do something like a shoryuken to get out. Your st.mp will also keep them in check if they try to jump (it will also counter hit and jab attempts), since they will get hit in pre-jump frames and you can confirm that into a combo.

KingBroly

Banned
rofl

Man I should have gotten the PC version.

I'm going to give it a shot here in a little bit. It seems like it makes the first opponent a very easy bot (lol), so we'll see what it's all about. Definitely better than doing all 100 rounds of bullshit.

BadWolf

My use of EX fireball has more to do with my current limitations as a player. I'm no good at confirming something like cr. MP > fireball into super. I even have tons of trouble just doing a punish like cr. HP, SRK, Super from the left side. On the right I can mash it out better, on the left I don't even bother unless I can use the tatsu ender. So I burn meter on EX fireball to maintain pressure instead. Not sure if I can make those personal improvements to utilize Ryu that way. I've always had weak execution.

Have you considered maybe trying another character?

Characters like Mika, Laura etc. don't really need DP motions, supercancels etc. Might be a better fit for you. Birdie is also an option.

f+HP is my favorite oki option from alex if you have the frames for it. Is there any reason to NOT do f+HP on their wakeup? With the occasional powerbomb to mix it up? (Or block/shimmy for DPs)

If you think they're going to backdash you should be able to fHP again which should Crush.

Have you considered maybe trying another character?

Characters like Mika, Laura etc. don't really need DP motions, supercancels etc. Might be a better fit for you. Birdie is also an option.

This may disgust some of you guys but I'm one of those shoto lifers lol. I was instantly drawn to Ryu when I first saw my brother playing him back in 92 on a SNES. Since then he's been my dude and it's hard for me to enjoy playing a character that's not in that shoto archetype.

The only time I broke rule was when I started playing Yun during AE 2012. I really liked his pressure game and he was very easy to play. I also dabbled with Seth but he's apart of that shoto archetype IMO. That's why I'm really looking forward to Urien. I always enjoyed watching Urien in 3rd Strike and I'm hoping the time I spent playing Seth will help me transition over to Urien since they share a lot of the same normals. So their will be some familiarity there already. I just hope he's not a charge character.

BadWolf

This may disgust some of you guys but I'm one of those shoto lifers lol. I was instantly drawn to Ryu when I first saw my brother playing him back in 92 on a SNES. Since then he's been my dude and it's hard for me to enjoy playing a character that's not in that shoto archetype.

The only time I broke rule was when I started playing Yun during AE 2012. I really liked his pressure game and he was very easy to play. I also dabbled with Seth but he's apart of that shoto archetype IMO. That's why I'm really looking forward to Urien. I always enjoyed watching Urien in 3rd Strike and I'm hoping the time I spent playing Seth will help me transition over to Urien since they share a lot of the same normals. So their will be some familiarity there already. I just hope he's not a charge character.

Ah, nothing wrong with that. Ryu is a great character.

Though I'm not sure how much your experience with Seth is going to help you with Urien, they are nothing alike aside from Seth using some of Urien's normals. Their specials and play styles are completely different. Urien is a charge character and plays nothing like a shoto, that's how he was in 3rd Strike at least.

Well he was a charge character in 3rd Strike but considering what they did to Vega, that may change. I'm indifferent either way since I know there's no way he'll play the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom