• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I was good with FANG simply because his v-reversal never fails to make me laugh
Birdie disgusts me but I'm good with him. ��
I absolutely love playing with Birdie. I think he's the most fun character to play as. I can't wait for his Freddie Mercury costume.

I hope they keep Urien as a charge character or else I think they'd have to change how he plays too much. Really interested to see what they come up with. He might get a redesign like claw or charlie.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I hope Urien is as close to his 3s iteration as possible. No reason to change him since he hasn't been around for 25 years.

KingBroly

Banned
That worked as intended, so I don't have to do that shit again.

I probably will since it says '1 round cleared' for Extreme on several characters.

But...yeah. Fuck Survival. Fuck Capcom for programming it worse than a few toddlers could do as well.

I probably will since it says '1 round cleared' for Extreme on several characters.

But...yeah. Fuck Survival. Fuck Capcom for programming it worse than a few toddlers could do as well.
hmmm...
can you link me lol

Ah, nothing wrong with that. Ryu is a great character.

Though I'm not sure how much your experience with Seth is going to help you with Urien, they are nothing alike aside from Seth using some of Urien's normals. Their specials and play styles are completely different. Urien is a charge character and plays nothing like a shoto, that's how he was in 3rd Strike at least.

Like I said, it's more about their being some familiarity. Unless you're a really good player, learning a new character from scratch is pretty hard. I know the two are very different characters, but just knowing what some of his normals look like and using it a lot before gives me a feeling that I'm already part of the way there and don't have to start from scratch.

That's actually part of the reason I started using Seth in the 1st place. He had a fireball and DP like shoto's do so it made me feel comfortable trying to learn the character.

Good lord, I just accidentally found out that Fang's crouching MK is a solid counter to Dhalsim's low teleport FP. Worked every time, no matter the side.

FluxWaveZ

The only character archetype I immediately gravitate towards in FGs are puppet characters, and Street Fighter isn't the kind of game to have something like that. Funnily enough, I guess Mika is the closest thing to that in SFV because of her V-Trigger.

Still found the time to change the name, since the thought of beating that mode with every character actually resembles the 8th level of Hell.

They changed it because it was actually called that in the achievements, hell was probably a beta name that slipped into release.

Paltheos

There's a PC mod out that changes Survival to 1 round

Thank you so much. Grabbed immediately and now no more Survival. :D Everything's done. I've got the colors I wanted. I even got FM for it. Jesus I got fight money. I have over 1.2M FM. I can buy almost everything in the store.

There's a trainer that can alter the parameters of the Survival battles (OHKO is the most commonly cited one), but you still had to tediously fight through all the stages. Capcom didn't do anything about that allegedly, but I... wonder if they'll leave this alone. I cleared the whole cast on a level of Survival in under a half hour and got tons of money for the store very quickly.

Thank you so much. Grabbed immediately and now no more Survival. :D Everything's done. I've got the colors I wanted. I even got FM for it. Jesus I got fight money. I have over 1.2M FM. I can buy almost everything in the store.

There's a trainer that can alter the parameters of the Survival battles (OHKO is the most commonly cited one), but you still had to tediously fight through all the stages. Capcom didn't do anything about that allegedly, but I... wonder if they'll leave this alone. I cleared the whole cast on a level of Survival in under a half hour and got tons of money for the store very quickly.

I don't think they really care all that much, the FM well runs dry after awhile anyway, it will get you through season one, but I doubt it will get you even halfway through season 2.

hamchan

They can't even stop well known bots and rage quitters. I doubt they would do anything to you.

Playing Dhalsim is becoming a chore. I have to fight incredibly hard for all my damage and if I guess wrong against the wrong enemy, I get stunned. Nothing is really safe on block, some things aren't safe on hit, and he has the slowest jab in the game.

Ugh, I'll be trapped in this loop of silver to bronze forever, I feel.

ArjanN

Like I said, it's more about their being some familiarity. Unless you're a really good player, learning a new character from scratch is pretty hard. I know the two are very different characters, but just knowing what some of his normals look like and using it a lot before gives me a feeling that I'm already part of the way there and don't have to start from scratch.

That's actually part of the reason I started using Seth in the 1st place. He had a fireball and DP like shoto's do so it made me feel comfortable trying to learn the character.

I doubt Urien will be a charge character in V anyway.

Xeteh

Yeah, I would do it too. No shame, fuck survival.

Paltheos

I don't think they really care all that much, the FM well runs dry after awhile anyway, it will get you through season one, but I doubt it will get you even halfway through season 2.

I ran a quick check to see how much each character maxed out purely from single player stuff earns. I can say it's at least 68K, + however much the trials give you (I can't find out how much googling; not much though IIRC). 2K from story mode, 2K from easy survival, 5K from normal survival, 10K from hard survival, 20K from extreme survival, and 29K from all the related level up bonuses.

Considering a *character* is 100K, that's pretty damn good, if you want to spend conservatively. Just the fight money from the initial cast is enough to buy 11 characters.

Capcom hasn't... really shown the greatest technical expertise around this game, but I want to say something that so easily cuts into the bottom line is gonna get patched out. >_>

Ryce

I ran a quick check to see how much each character maxed out purely from single player stuff earns. I can say it's at least 68K, + however much the trials give you (I can't find out how much googling; not much though IIRC). 2K from story mode, 2K from easy survival, 5K from normal survival, 10K from hard survival, 20K from extreme survival, and 29K from all the related level up bonuses.

Considering a *character* is 100K, that's pretty damn good, if you want to spend conservatively. Just the fight money from the initial cast is enough to buy 11 characters.

Capcom hasn't... really shown the greatest technical expertise around this game, but I want to say something that so easily cuts into the bottom line is gonna get patched out. >_>
There are probably only a few hundred people in the world who have completed survival on Hard and Extreme with every character.

Xeteh

Yeah, no shame in doing it IMO. I still have per-match trainer cuz I wanna grind out V-reversals and CA finishers at some point offline.

If I see a cheap deal on the PC version of SFV I might jump on it. Between character mod skins and the ability to bypass survival it might be worth it.

KingBroly

Banned
If I see a cheap deal on the PC version of SFV I might jump on it. Between character mod skins and the ability to bypass survival it might be worth it.

I wish that way back rumor of SF5 supporting Steam Workshop was true. We'd already have Arcade Mode, Offline Versus CPU, etc.

How the fuck can fuck can I practice my footsies when I'm getting so much goddamn lag in my matchups -_-

Edit - Five in a row! What the fuck? I don't care if they think it's RQ, I'm not putting up with this.

And they're all from Canada! Is no one playing in the U.S.!?

season 2 is most certainly going to be more than 6 characters, I don't see them going 6 months without additions between seasons.

hamchan

So now I'm wondering if there is a way to manually delete survival progress. Because I know the scores are saved locally somewhere, and I'm sure they aren't checking them online, but I think they could still patch in a functionality later that uploads the scores online, which could catch all of us cheating survival.

I know there is a way since people have had problems with their progress disappearing.

So now I'm wondering if there is a way to manually delete survival progress. Because I know the scores are saved locally somewhere, and I'm sure they aren't checking them online, but I think they could still patch in a functionality later that uploads the scores online, which could catch all of us cheating survival.

I know there is a way since people have had problems with their progress disappearing.

I'm not sure, but this might be of help
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192216

Edgeward

It's only negative 10? So then you can't crush counter it with st. rh with Vega?

Actually it's -12. It only feels like 10 for me. So it's totally CC-able if you don't choke it up like me ;_;

Max punish looks to be CC st HK, st HK xx Vtrigger, Super (506 dmg)

To be anal about it, the real max punish is CC st HK, claw off cr mk, target combo st mp xx st hk xx vtrigger into super. (508 dmg)

But you leave yourself open to fucking up the link from cr mk to target combo for 2 more dmg. Not worth it.

How do you cheat survival?

hamchan

So all I had to do was go to User>Appdata>Local>StreetFighterV>Saved>SaveGames, delete the saves and now all my story and survival mode progress has been wiped.

I kept my FM, LP, colours.

There's a mod to change it all to 1 round? As in I don't have to sit through 50 rounds? ....... Because even with the trainer it is still terrible

There is. Best way to get the colours right now. I agree with the trainer still being terrible.

40 mins on extreme even with one hit kos made me feel awful.

So all I had to do was go to User>Appdata>Local>StreetFighterV>Saved>SaveGames, delete the saves and now all my story and survival mode progress has been wiped.

I kept my FM, LP, colours.

There is. Best way to get the colours right now. I agree with the trainer still being terrible.

40 mins on extreme even with one hit kos made me feel awful.
Interesting!

Edgeward

How the hell do you deal with Rashid? I can't punish anything.

What moves specifically? You can't punish any of his normals other than sweep so you would just need to either wait until he pushes himself out or uses a negative move like st mk , st hk or cr hp and jab to initiate your turn.

His tornado uppercut thing is only punishable if they mash it.

Duress

I play Sim so his normals are going to beat mine.

His spinning mixers keep pressure on me.

The only thing I can think that I could punish is his flying air kick thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom