• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I can't play Ryu. I want to parry everything.

;___; Why must you do this.

It's not like you didn't get any rounds on me. You still did better than what you made yourself out to be.

GGs to you as well. Don't drink yourself to sleep! We should probably hit the arcades with AustinGAF.
I had like 1 win to your 17. I'm fucking terrible at this game no matter how much I love SF, it's a bigger love/abusive relationship than Rihanna/Chris Brown. The shittiest part is I know what you're going to throw at me or what I'm supposed to combo into, but I just can't physically connect it on the stick.

GGs Troubled Bat. I'm gonna drink myself to sleep now. I dunno how to figure this game out.

Bro ive been strugglin for years at SF and SFV is the first time ive felt consistent improvement.

isolate little things you want to work on: Anti airing with jabs? punishing? etc. alot of people make it look effortless because they have 20 years of muscle memory in them already.

Also Karin is like..really technical for someone just starting out IMO

SephLuis

I had like 1 win to your 17. I'm fucking terrible at this game no matter how much I love SF, it's a bigger love/abusive relationship than Rihanna/Chris Brown. The shittiest part is I know what you're going to throw at me or what I'm supposed to combo into, but I just can't physically connect it on the stick.

You did improve your anti-air when playing with me.

Guess sometime later, if you keep practicing, you might see how much you have evolved.

LegendX48

Decided to mess around with Rashid... I like him a lot. Also... I just beat a Super Gold cammy o_o

I lost the set, but I went 2-1.... beating super gold's with a scrubby rashid

Xeteh

Ha, ggs. I assume you're relatively new to the game? Yeah, I've put in quite a bit of time and today's actually the first time I've played Laura, so there's definitely a skill discrepancy.

Anyone else wanna fight?

A bit of time, he says. RIP whoever fought Flux.

Decided to mess around with Rashid... I like him a lot. Also... I just beat a Super Gold cammy o_o

I lost the set, but I went 2-1.... beating super gold's with a scrubby rashid

Rashid was the first character I thought about learning after Cammy since their playstyles are similar.

LegendX48

Man, nothing but laggy wi-fi players in battle lounge @_@

Rashid was the first character I thought about learning after Cammy since their playstyles are similar.
Rashid's damage output is total garbage compared to Cammy and Laura. His ridiculousness is interesting though.

Xeteh

No idea how to do the end of Bison's 7th combo where it's asking for 2 charged hits in a row

Bison's VTrigger lets him chain specials. You have to charge the first one but after that you just have to do the directional inputs.

So for his 7th its charge back, forward punch, back forward ex punch.

For those newer players/returning getting discouraged, we all have gone through it. It's one of those things that we need to get through in our own time. We will get bodied left and right some days and be unstoppable others. Learning to get back up is how fighting games work, literally for some games.

That said, yes the skill levels are all over for this game. Some are super good, some are terrible but super lucky. Some of us are terrible and blame others for losing to nonsense set ups or more.

It's very discouraging to lose, even more so when you think or know you are better than the person. Sometimes you need to take a break, pick a new character, or just try to evaluate what you can do better/find your habbits or tells and work on them. My habbit is not really learning any advanced combos or setups. My chun is 80% crouch medium confirm into freaking legs. But that 20% is slowly filling up with more advanced tech for various encounters.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I did it, regardless. I...hate...charge...characters.

*Sees Bison's 9th

*Skips

*Sees Bison's 10th

*Drools in stupidity
bison__street_fighter_v__by_rieytails-d912fkg.png
dont mess with the mighty bison.

FluxWaveZ

It's very discouraging to lose, even more so when you think or know you are better than the person. Sometimes you need to take a break, pick a new character, or just try to evaluate what you can do better/find your habbits or tells and work on them. My habbit is not really learning any advanced combos or setups. My chun is 80% crouch medium confirm into freaking legs. But that 20% is slowly filling up with more advanced tech for various encounters.

I try not to get too discouraged when I lose because every loss conveys an opportunity for improvement, but the effect of one's current mood and mindset on their play is real and should not be underestimated.

I spent all day yesterday playing SFV. In the morning, I was losing match after match, with huge loss streaks, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and I wasn't in the mood to watch replays to adjust. Ended up losing about 1100 LP in Ranked because of this. Then suddenly, mid-day, my attitude was different after I took a short break and I ended up getting huge win streaks, winning about 1300 LP all at once.

I'm the type to just continuously bang my head against the wall until, eventually, the wall crumbles. But really, that's not the best means of approach with this game, and approaching things from different angles or even just taking a break to consider your playstyle can do a lot of good.

Edgeward

Man, I hate Karin's sixth trial. Only got her and Bison left.

What do you do when you get stuck in a rut? Lately I've been losing alot and I just don't know how to take my gameplay to the next level. For the most part I was doing ok with Nash but now it feels like I hit a plateau.

Have you been looking at your matches you lost and examining them? It's important to identify what got you to your loss and what you should've done - missed punishes, correct punishes to maximize damage, spacing, anti airs. What people abused on you that you just didn't how to respond to. If you can't answer them yourself then ask someone to look at them and tell you.

Rashid's damage output is total garbage compared to Cammy and Laura. His ridiculousness is interesting though.

I'd say possibly more than any character right now, Rashid is the most likely to receive a buff tho.
My own, probably scrub quote worthy idea is the ability to shortstop his eagle kick thing.
Or, maybe, give em a grapple. I can't tell if thats a good idea or I just love grapples too much.

KingBroly

Banned
I think Fang, Rashid and Cammy get buffs, with an outside shot of Alex. I think they give Cammy her air grab back or some kind of thing where she can grab crouching foes while in Trigger (cuz she's so short)

EDIT - Alright. All 10 Trials done. Let's hope they never have any more Charge Moves/Characters ever again. EVER.

As soon as I decide the Videos are worth my time, I can stop playing until the next patch.

leehom

Watch out for lightsabertooth, he rq on me in a casual match.

Won the first match and he rq on the second match at the end.

I messaged him that he's a rq and a sore loser.

He messages back that wake up dragon punches don't work unless there's lag and cry more.
(funny cuz there was no lag)

Told him he cheated his way to silver and he's a rq.

kirblar

I think Fang, Rashid and Cammy get buffs, with an outside shot of Alex. I think they give Cammy her air grab back or some kind of thing where she can grab crouching foes while in Trigger (cuz she's so short)

EDIT - Alright. All 10 Trials done. Let's hope they never have any more Charge Moves/Characters ever again. EVER.

As soon as I decide the Videos are worth my time, I can stop playing until the next patch.
Cammy losing the air grab really makes no sense - she's so linear in this game.

Just a thought, but,
Buff Gief, Rashid. Nerf Chun, Mika. Rebalance fang, laura.
Despite whining last month, I find necalli well balanced now. If he's actually op, I'd much prefer him to get a slight damage debuff than anything mechanical.
Edit: Bison just shy of lowest tier?

When's the next character going to be shown! >:V

Listen I loved the hell out fighters when I was a kid. I was complete shit, but I decided to take things seriously as soon as SFIV came out. The days where I was a button masher, now turned into what I am now.

You just have to keep playing, and don't give up. You can still learn from the game even from losing.

Do you use a FightStick? Because I actually use the PS4 controller. If so, is it something you're comfortable with or just something you want to be playing on?

Keep being that Ryu. After a while you'll learn when to parry and when not to!

Or you'll just eat crush counters all day. But when it works it feels so good

I'm not really wanting to learn as him, just that I love parrying. I definitely know how satisfying it is to perform such stuff.

I feel if he had his donkey kick, I'd be more likely to use him for some reason, hah.

Both of you are also in Austin? Well I'll be darned.

Yes, there's other people from Austin as well, but I forget their names since they don't post in the AustinGAF community thread (or maybe they don't know about it. Lol)

Timeaisis is another Austinite that comes in here at times.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200760412]bipson sucks[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched high ranked matches in a week or so, but boy is that a table flip to me.
Edit, wait, I remember something about Bison players saying he was terrible, just that nobody figured out his weakness or something.
Whats his weakness?

Claw that low?

He's alright. He's definitely playable, but he's got a lot of issues.

• Primarily defensive character that has one of the worst anti-air suites in the game.
  • Claw off stance rewards changing to offense but is not that exciting compared to other offensive characters.
  • Same problem as every vega since ST in that he has unusuable special moves(non-ex barcelona)
  • very below average v-skill

He does has advantages though:
  • Super walk speed plus sMP make for great footsies
  • explosive damage off v-trigger

I just don't think he's as solid or able to impose himself in ways the other characters can.

Whats his weakness?
Not pushing buttons

hamchan

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200760812]lol

even infiltration thinks ryu is better than chun[/QUOTE]

Well, if we're going with Infiltration's word you should probably put Nash above everyone else.

KingBroly

Banned
Is it just based on the Parry? Because not a lot of Ryu players are using it.

I know Ryu can do a lot of damage, but nothing him about him screams top tier unless you're a God Tier Parry Machine.

Is it just based on the Parry? Because not a lot of Ryu players are using it.

I know Ryu can do a lot of damage, but nothing him about him screams top tier unless you're a God Tier Parry Machine.

He has tons of tools at his disposal. Look up all the throw tech stuff that was translated from Japan. To me its things like that that put him above. Ryu is a step above in a lot of what he can do that others can't and hits like a truck.

Obviously him being top tier doesn't mean he has a 100% win rate and will win every event.

hamchan

Infiltration said he doesn't think Nash is that great (according to UltraDavid recalling a conversation he had with Infiltration recently).

That long interview thing with a pair of korean streamers had him say Ryu and Chun were at the top and Nash on the row below.

Which seems like a load of BS to me. Why would he be maining Nash if he isn't the best in his mind? Especially when he probably has a bunch of sub characters he knows how to play in his backpocket too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there anyone whose performance got worse after the recent patch? My friend's game doesn't run at 60fps anymore since then, and I'm wondering if there's any patch specific fixes for it.

CPU: Q9550 GPU: HD 5850

Flowmoney

Survival mode hard is so painful , so much time lost to fail near the ending stages. I have been attempting it since the release of the game but I am not making it anywhere in this madness. I should probably quit though I am too persistent to continue. :(

Number45

Which seems like a load of BS to me. Why would he be maining Nash if he isn't the best in his mind? Especially when he probably has a bunch of sub characters he knows how to play in his backpocket too.
Maybe he feels that the skill ceiling will be higher for Ryu, so he's playing Nash at the moment until he feels more comfortable?

Survival mode hard is so painful , so much time lost to fail near the ending stages. I have been attempting it since the release of the game but I am not making it anywhere in this madness. I should probably quit though I am too persistent to continue. :(

Same. Theres a title I want but its unlocked at level 50. Currently at 30 and my only choices are grinding online or doing hard/extreme survival. Got to the last stage in hard survival and died with nothing to show for it. So much time wasted. Extremely frustrating but I'm not gonna stop until I do it.

Just had a really fun match, I lost to a Ken due to a time-out, wiped the floor with him the second round, and then made a bunch of dumb mistakes at the beginning of the third round. At one point I was worried he was going to perfect me, but I caught with a combo into my CA and went on to win the match. I'll never be a great player but moments like this are so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W736nzWuL5Q

I really love this game, I got really into SFIV but a lot of the time it was more frustrating than fun. I'd watch EVO matches and know why players were doing certain things, like hit-confirming or block strings, but I just didn't have the time or interest in devoting the time to learning the one-frame links you needed to be really good with most characters. Still had a ton of fun with my friends, but the few times I went to tournaments I got stomped because people who did know those links could punish me a lot more than I could them.

I'm not getting that feeling with SFV yet. I love the cast too, I haven't been keeping up on tier lists and stuff but so far no one seems dominant or unfair the way Sagat was when SFIV first came out. I've been having a lot of fun playing Rashid and FANG and from what I've seen they're considering to be lower tier characters.

I really hope Capcom is able to turn around the negative press they've gotten, I really want to pull the trigger on a stick but I don't want to drop $200 on a controller for a game that may not have much of a community a few months from now (I now hardcore fighting fans will stick with it but I need players at my level populating the servers so that it's easy to find a match I have a shot at winning.)

Renekton

In another interview he said he picked up Gouki in SF4 when "people thought he was weak"

I don't think he was ever considered weak at any point of SF4 haha

Are there any good resources to see which moves are punishable by which characters? There's a few matchups a dread because I just don't know how to punish and it's hard to learn during a match you're trying to win.

The worst is Karin when I'm using Rashid, it feels like every time I block something either she's too far away to punish or if she's in my face it seems like all of her normals come out faster than mine and even if I try to do something like cr. LP xx spinning mixer I'll get counter hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom