• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Glad to see Capcom handling this month's DLC way better than Alex. Maybe there is hope for them still.

Guile looks menacing as hell.

xabi

Been maiming Guile since ST, and this looks sweet to me.

One question: I don't think I saw a plain sonic boom launched and travel full screen. With the V Skill increasing the staying power of the sonic boom, does that imply that the regular boom will not travel as far? or does it simply mean that the powered up sonic boom will hit twice (as the video shows I believe)?

MrCarter

SICK! I posted just few moments ago that I hoped they would release the trailer before launch as well :D

THIS is how you do it Capcom.

Steroyd

Hmm, given that it looks like Guile's Sonic Boom spam is taken to some new levels, I wonder if Cammy can still V.skill through them.

mbpm1

Hmm, given that it looks like Guile's Sonic Boom spam is taken to some new levels, I wonder if Cammy can still V.skill through them.

V-skilling through projectiles from a distance already seems punishable for Cammy. With Guile's (presuambly still fast) recovery that might be rough

BiggNife

little bummed they just turned guile's theme into an uninspired guitar rock song
it doesn't work well for his theme.

Honestly I like it a lot and think it's one of the better remixed themes

I was kind of let down by the Jazzy NYC remix (it's okay, not great), so I'm glad this one is good

Wait is he supposed to release today?

Probably not

Sounds like they released the trailer early to prevent a repeat of the Alex debacle

edit: wbacon confirmed he's not out today but it's "not too far off" so I'm guessing the 28th

Csr

First impressions from that trailer are very good. At least they didn't mess his face or posture. His fireball game looks very strong with that vskill and vtrigger, i can't wait to see how it works in an actual match.

Dat Blonde Fighter V

c3vGyIo.jpg

EDIT: This is not actually a criticism. Just poking fun

SSReborn

Dat Blonde Fighter V

EDIT: This is not actually a criticism. Just poking fun

Add Chun alt and Laura alt

Honestly I like it a lot and think it's one of the better remixed themes

I was kind of let down by the Jazzy NYC remix (it's okay, not great), so I'm glad this one is good

Probably not

Sounds like they released the trailer early to prevent a repeat of the Alex debacle

edit: wbacon confirmed he's not out today but it's "not too far off" so I'm guessing the 28th
Ahh okay not to far to wait hopefully. They are handling it much better this time.

Skilletor

Vskill through a guile boom was never going to be a good move. That's why he needed to be charge. That's the entire difference between Guile and Charlie in this game. If you vskill through a boom, throw a fireball too close to a boom, you're eating a backhand right after.

Steroyd

Vskill through a guile boom was never going to be a good move. That's why he needed to be charge. That's the entire difference between Guile and Charlie in this game. If you vskill through a boom, throw a fireball too close to a boom, you're eating a backhand right after.

Oh boy time to learn how to not accidentally EX cannon spike when wanting to do EX spiral arrow. :/

Oh boy time to learn how to not accidentally EX cannon spike when wanting to do EX spiral arrow. :/
if you mean after moving forward/forward dashing, there's a slight workaround to that.

Do the Spiral arrow as a half-circle forward motion, instead of a qcf. It'll remove the cannon spike's priority and your desired move will come out instead of a DP.

Similar situation for Shotos.

KingBroly

Banned
Guile keeps his Air Grab. Cammy doesn't :|

They also shouldn't say "available now" at the end of a trailer for something that isn't available now. I know it's for the game, but come on.

vg260

Anyone want the best buy preorder bonus Cammy costume? Whoever can correctly guess my rank from 0 to 2,500 in 100 increments can have it. Ex; 100, 200, 500, 1,000, etc.

People already got it with 1700. You can check using the PSN profile :/

MrCarter

Guile keeps his Air Grab. Cammy doesn't :|

They also shouldn't say "available now" at the end of a trailer for something that isn't available now. I know it's for the game, but come on.

Well the game is available now. Hence "Available Now". They should have had something like "Guile out in April" then had the part above at the end. Still a great trailer.

Durden77

Fuck man....this Guile trailer....my god...

Pure beauty.

I was going to sleep last night thinking of all the possibilities of him in this game, and I wake up and get to witness some.

Say what you will about this game, but Capcom has done an exceptional job with the roster so far. Even more impressive is that the returninf characters feel so fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom