• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

light bolt is +2 frames on hit and her command grab takes 5 frames to start up.

Only a backdash, neutral jump, super, and I think a 3 frame jab can stop Laura's command grab after a light bolt hits.

Yup, it's really hard to get out of if you do anything other than jump or backlash, and that leaves you open to medium and anti air bolt.

LegendX48

Only a backdash, neutral jump, super (or any invincible reversal), and I think a 3 frame jab can stop Laura's command grab after a light bolt hits.

it seemed like the hit stun from the combo into light bolt lasts too long to avoid the grab though I think I managed to escape it once. I need to work it into my playstyle

Vex_

Banned
OK, so what's the point of of chun Li's f+St.hk anyways?

Only a backdash, neutral jump, super (or any invincible reversal), and I think a 3 frame jab can stop Laura's command grab after a light bolt hits.

Laura's command grab is 6 frames btw

Vahagn

it seemed like the hit stun from the combo into light bolt lasts too long to avoid the grab though I think I managed to escape it once. I need to work it into my playstyle

The main thing with Laura is you want to inflict damage. Stay away from her target combo of mp,mk unless you have v trigger to cancel it and keep the combo alive. By getting me hit then going mp mk you're killing the combo and bailing me out.

If you have two ex bars and v trigger do:

dMP, EX fireball, cancel MK, forward vskill into MP, MK target combo, v trigger activation, EX fireball, anti air HP bolt. Almost guaranteed stun and like half life done.

OK, so what's the point of of chun Li's f+St.hk anyways?

Tons of range, lower body invincible from frames 6-21, -2 on block, counterhit confirms into crouching jab for a combo and you can corpse hop for weird meaty setups. It's really good imo. Or did you mean df.HK? because that move has way less practical application I can think of lol.

Vex_

Banned
Tons of range, lower body invincible from frames 6-21, -2 on block, counterhit confirms into crouching jab for a combo and you can corpse hop for weird meaty setups. It's really good imo. Or did you mean df.HK? because that move has way less practical application I can think of lol.

Nah that's the cross up one where she flips over her opponent right? I can think of a ton of applications for that.

I'm talking about the twirly one that comes out like she is spinning in one place and....uh... How do I describe this? It looks like she hits low, but it doesnt?

Lol and I think they are both -2 on block. Just that one is +4 on hit, the df+HK one.

Zackat

Nah that's the cross up one where she flips over her opponent right? I can think of a ton of applications for that.

I'm talking about the twirly one that comes out like she is spinning in one place and....uh... How do I describe this? It looks like she hits low, but it doesnt?

Lol and I think they are both -2 on block. Just that one is +4 on hit, the df+HK one.

You can use it to time meaty setups on knockdown. Also you can combo with it in her v trigger. I'm on my phone or i would link some videos.

Vahagn

I gotta work on the timing for it some more but, damn, how do I get my Laura as good as yours? I didn't know she could do some of the things that you were doing. It looked like light bolt into her command grab.

Light bolt into command grab on hit.

Vskill overhead into command grab on hit.

Jump kick into command grab on block.

Are all really useful and effective ways to get command grabs with Laura. Really great players will escape, but if they do, just adjust. 80-90% of players will be punished routinely using those setups.

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs to whoever invited me. That nash was too good

GGs man. There were a few instances where you could have punished mk scythe but you didn't, it's very unsafe when it isn't max ranged, you might be able to punish with ex legs even when on max range if you're willing to spend the meter. I noticed you have some execution errors that cost you a few rounds here and there, but my only advice for you is to utilize chun's godlike walkspeed when pressuring in the corner, walk in and out of nash buttons and you can have him terrified in the corner.

Every time I play this lately, it just reminds me how much I'd rather be playing Chivalry. Totally different game, I know, but the thing is, I have 200 hours in Chivalry and I'm really good at it.

Maybe I just don't have it in me to learn a new game this complex anymore.

Producer

GGs man. There were a few instances where you could have punished mk scythe but you didn't, it's very unsafe when it isn't max ranged, you might be able to punish with ex legs even when on max range if you're willing to spend the meter. I noticed you have some execution errors that cost you a few rounds here and there, but my only advice for you is to utilize chun's godlike walkspeed when pressuring in the corner, walk in and out of nash buttons and you can have him terrified in the corner.

Yeah, i know its punishable but i just couldnt punish at the moment haha. You were jumping in at all the right times and teching all my throws and i was getting mindf'd lol. Good games though, i learned some stuff playing the long set.

Palom

I'm still getting these obnoxiously lopsided matchups.
OJTtgJC.jpg
I won.

Had a lot better evening tonight than last night, though. A lot of silvers and super silvers, but I probably went about 50/50, which I'm fairly happy with.

I can't figure Dhalsim out for the life of me, though. As soon as I can get in range, he teleports away. And then when I'm knocked down, I keep getting those fireball/teleport-behind combos that I can't block. Reversal EX Spinning Bird Kick doesn't even work on it. His slide seems completely safe; anytime I try to punish it, I'm the one that gets punished. If I try to dash under fireballs, I get punched in the face from half-way across the screen. I just don't know how to begin to approach the character. Even the CPU Dhalsim in Survival mode I have trouble with (I've even lost on stage 4).

I also finished Survival Hard for both of Chun-Li's outfits, and uploaded the video of my last run if any Chun-Li players want some pointers.

jeemer

Everyone has their character that they hate.

i despise mika. i feel like a sorta have a handle on the matchup now and for the most part I win more than I lose, but I just hate everything about that character. her look, her hair flapping around, her voice, her little friend, the "off the ropes" throw, the corner reset gimmicks, the frame advantage on that dropkick on block, her jump arc and the fact she can kinda change it with the splash.

not saying she has overly crazy tools or that people don't have to work hard to win with her, but i just took an instant dislike to her day one. sfv's rufus for me.

i play rashid and i bet some people really hate him too...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The game pissed me off big time last night:
- 40 seconds to log into the server
- Got in a game with a 5 bar connection
- Hella roll back.
- About 50 seconds of load time (Server sync) after the match
- "Couldnt retrieve stats from Server LMAO"
- Didnt get my League Points
- Searching for a Battle Lounge
- Since the connection icons dont show up i randomly try to find a 5 bar Battle Lounge
- "Lol this Battle Lounge no longer exists"
- My LP points randomly show up as 0, some old value or my current value.
- Turned off the game

Like for real... Whens MarchPatch? Even if they dont fix the Networking issues at least ill get some SP content.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt the patch will even change anything about the database/server problems. They would've had to have known about them a long time ago and they haven't mentioned any fixes to it anywhere.

I can't figure Dhalsim out for the life of me, though. As soon as I can get in range, he teleports away. And then when I'm knocked down, I keep getting those fireball/teleport-behind combos that I can't block. Reversal EX Spinning Bird Kick doesn't even work on it. His slide seems completely safe; anytime I try to punish it, I'm the one that gets punished. If I try to dash under fireballs, I get punched in the face from half-way across the screen. I just don't know how to begin to approach the character. Even the CPU Dhalsim in Survival mode I have trouble with (I've even lost on stage 4).
EX Spinning Bird Kick is obnoxious for Dhalsim when trying to mount an offense post-knockdown. All of his slides are mad unsafe (with the exception of the HK version at the tip) to the point you can sometimes even punish them on hit without ideal spacing. Teleports are easy to punish; jab on-reaction if he's being careless like most online Dhalsims, but there are other normals you can use relatively easily too. Afterwards he's susceptible to frame traps or 50/50's against some characters, so it's flat-out a terrible habit. Dashing under fireballs is fine, but you're probably doing it too late (or too many) if he's hitting you afterwards. With regards to fireball - teleport mix-ups: you need to hold back in the direction opposite of where Dhalsim will appear, not where the fireball will land. Learn how to counter-poke and whiff punish his limbs, especially because of how good Chun-Li's buttons are. Hell, even getting a Crush Counter with her back HP (the palm thrust) or her sweep isn't difficult in this match-up. Once you do have him in the corner, be aware that he has shit for up-close defense and that Chun's normals at this range are generally superior once you find that sweet spot.

Most important of all though is that you have to stay grounded, even if you just methodically walk forwards. He has strong control over the air space, even moreso with how floaty Chun-Li is if you cannot perform instant-air Lightning Legs, so avoid jumping barring lackluster anti-airing from the Dhalsim or if you can punish with it off of a read when he's going to throw out a poke.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I doubt the patch will even change anything about the database/server problems. They would've had to have known about them a long time ago and they haven't mentioned any fixes to it anywhere.
Yeah i know, but at least ill get some challenges to complete and stuff. :/

GorillaJu

Back dash is usually a good way to get out of it but that's the tricky thing, if Laura expects a backdash she can st. HK and I think that will crush counter you. So if you get hit by an LP bolt you're basically in her pocket for the moment.

If there happens to be lag. Then quit early don't wait until you lose to quit and say it was because the lag.-thank you

Edit-actually just take the loss.

Just thought I'd post some impressions from yesterday's session.

I bought the SFV Alpha stick, hoping to get it working on pc as madcatz released a patch for it to work via dinput.

Arrived, installed the patch, plugged it in, icon on system tray changed to dinput, didn't work. SICK.

Then uninstalled everything, reinstalled, no icon in the system tray. SICK. Rage quit pc.

Went to play on ps4 with a friend who was playing on pc and it was great. Slight lag on his host which disappeared when I made sure to wire up.

Can't wait for the inevitable bloody patch from Capcom to sort this out.

Alpha stick Impressions

It's tiny, even the box it comes in is bloody small. Buttons feels mushier compared to TE1, stick is very clicky. I like it a lot. Having trouble adjusting though, so used to ignoring the last 2 buttons on the sticks, that I kept vskilling rather than vtriggering.

I think I belong to R. Mika now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
i despise mika. i feel like a sorta have a handle on the matchup now and for the most part I win more than I lose, but I just hate everything about that character. her look, her hair flapping around, her voice, her little friend, the "off the ropes" throw, the corner reset gimmicks, the frame advantage on that dropkick on block, her jump arc and the fact she can kinda change it with the splash.

not saying she has overly crazy tools or that people don't have to work hard to win with her, but i just took an instant dislike to her day one. sfv's rufus for me.

i play rashid and i bet some people really hate him too...

Hmmmm delicious Mika salt.

But yeah I despise FANG... but also Dhalsim.

Hustler

I'm still getting these obnoxiously lopsided matchups.

I won.

Had a lot better evening tonight than last night, though. A lot of silvers and super silvers, but I probably went about 50/50, which I'm fairly happy with.

I also finished Survival Hard for both of Chun-Li's outfits, and uploaded the video of my last run if any Chun-Li players want some pointers.

Yesterday was the worst for lopsided matches. I reached 1800lp and then every match thereafter was against someone in super silver or above. Half of the time they had douche my LP.

Granted I need to get better, but that was disappointing to lose 55 each match even though my opponent had over 1000lp more than me.

Ya know what really bothers me? The hair physics flapping around with terrible clipping and stuttering. I thought could ignore them by now but every damn time......

Just looks so cheap.

Looking forward to it. You do great work.

And that Kinu Nishimura pic is one of my all-time favorites. I think I first saw it in a Gamefan magazine back in '96 or '97
Thanks :) yeah I love all the little details, like Vega's crotch mask
Just Ultra Silver'd. Gonna lose it in the next fight.

Garrett. Where are the Necalli-Mika edits?
She's too small to be mapped onto his bones :p
Garrett:

Put Ken and Ryu in UFC/MMA in ring gear :)
That's just shorts, right? :p someone asked for that for Alex too.
"V has come [40002]"
Perfect
Look, if we get Ken and Ryu in banana hammocks with jiggle effects, I'll consider it a wash
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom