• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Blueblur1

I have 0 faith that a "SSFV" update will fix the game. They'll probably add more stupid offense-oriented shit which just replaces the top tiers with the new ones, while the same bullshit that everyone's complaining about will still be in the game. Low tier characters will remain low tier.
It may help Capcom with casual audience it missed out on at launch. If that SSFV update is true then I could see (1) casual players who own the game reinstalling it and (2) new players buying a new SSFV retail disc sold in stores. Though I hope for their sake that that throw in characters if they sell a disc. I think Iron Galaxy had the right idea when they sold deluxe editions of KI that included all existing characters and 1 character from the upcoming season; it catches people up and gives them a taste of what's to come.

Edit: Capcom has kind of been doing that with the Deluxe editions sold on PSN. But the 2017 Deluxe edition is way too expensive; an ideal SSFV disc would have to be cheaper than $80.

kirblar

It may help Capcom with casual audience it missed out on at launch. If that SSFV update is true then I could see (1) casual players who own the game reinstalling it and (2) new players buying a new SSFV retail disc sold in stores. Though I hope for their sake that that throw in characters if they sell a disc. I think Iron Galaxy had the right idea when they sold deluxe editions of KI that included all existing characters and 1 character from the upcoming season; it catches people up and gives them a taste of what's to come.

Edit: Capcom has kind of been doing that with the Deluxe editions sold on PSN. But the 2017 Deluxe edition is way too expensive; an ideal SSFV disc would have to be cheaper than $80.
2017 Deluxe is on sale for $40 right now.

MrCarter

I have 0 faith that a "SSFV" update will fix the game. They'll probably add more stupid offense-oriented shit which just replaces the top tiers with the new ones, while the same bullshit that everyone's complaining about will still be in the game. Low tier characters will remain low tier.

I don't know. Some low tier characters in the current patch have been buffed and characters like Vega and Ryu are not deemed to be "low tier" anymore. Just look at Fang, I don't think he would have won the Redbull event yesterday - obviously the patch just came out so we'll see how things develop further. IF the "SSFV" update happens I don't think it will magically fix everything with the game but it will certainly help in terms of perception and growing the user base.

myco666

Only players who ain't winnng shit are Alex and Juri

All the Juri and Alex mains such as... umm... I got nothing.

Keywords are 'on sale'. It should be closer to that price or maybe $50 regularly.

To be fair that includes the 2017 character pass too so it is kinda like base game + s1 is $50. Base game + S1 bundle isn't avaible separately though which is something I don't understand.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Finally was able to put in some time last night, it's been a good while for me. Ed is pretty damn fun. Him and Kolin are great additions. Eagerly awaiting the mod that changes his psycho powa to a blue color...

If Capcom actually does make a Super SFV, then the goal might be to get it out in retail. That could perhaps allow them to reach people who would not or could not purchase the game digitally. That is of course assuming that they can convince anyone to stock it.

If SSFV is legit I am eagerly expecting the posts lambasting Capcom about saying they wouldn't make title iterations, missing that it would just be a title update for everyone and a product refresh.

mbpm1

If SSFV is legit I am eagerly expecting the posts lambasting Capcom about saying they wouldn't make title iterations, missing that it would just be a title update for everyone and a product refresh.

Don't bother. I'm sure Ultra Complaints will come out in a few years

VariantX

Pretty sure NRS got wrongly roasted for MKXL, so there's no way Capcom wont eat shit for it when MKXL was also free system update for MKX owners. You just didn't get kombat pack 2 and the new cosmetics for free if you already owned MKX.

Lulubop

No matter what, S3 would need a major shake and I think Capcom knows that. SFV is getting to much flake from the competitive scene now. Even Punk shitted on the game. We've seen them make major adjustments before for SFxT, so even if ssfv isn't real something will be

SF gets major shakeups every iteration. S2 was big just not in the ways people wanted in terms of defense and additional features. I really doubt they'll leave us with a lack of defensive options because they probably want more offensive shit in the future.

Blueblur1

To be fair that includes the 2017 character pass too so it is kinda like base game + s1 is $50. Base game + S1 bundle isn't avaible separately though which is something I don't understand.

Right right. They definitely need to offer people a package that doesn't force them to get the current season's new characters.

That's why I think they should eventually offer a package with all of the released characters and maybe 1 upcoming character like KI did. They'll have to devalue old content but they can get many more people into the SFV ecosystem. If customers like the package then they're more likely to stick around and keep buying content.

HardRojo

If SFV is a thing, it should be priced at $50 and include both Season Passes, all Battle Costumes, some sizable FM bonus and maybe even a couple of stages. Maybe a free one month trial of the first S3 character too.

myco666

Anybody up for games?

If SFV is a thing, it should be priced at $50 and include both Season Passes, all Battle Costumes, some sizable FM bonus and maybe even a couple of stages. Maybe a free one month trial of the first S3 character too.

Sizable FM bonus? You can already get over 1mil fm if you have all characters rather easily. And if you log in once a week for a 10-15min you get 200-300k on top of that. Don't really think sizable FM bonus is necessary

Skab

Why would you want them to charge money for it when it's going to be free? (if its real)

That would just upset people even further.

Lulubop

why would they do that? this is like some r/kappa shit

kirblar

I think the more interesting question for SSFV/S3 is "are the S3 characters the only ones we're getting?"

A SSFV update "pack" including characters, stages, etc. that launches immediately w/ the update, w/ S3 following? It'd let them double-dip for the year.

I've earned 1012250 fight money but the trophy hasn't popped, what's up?

Edit: Ok, it has now. Just need to finish hard and extreme survival for the plat now, god help me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How do you play 2p versus on PC?
I've got two controllers plugged in but when I select versus from the main menu and then p1 vs p2 (or even p1 vs CPU for that matter) it seems to just kick me back out to the main menu. Am I missing something?

Neoxon

I think the more interesting question for SSFV/S3 is "are the S3 characters the only ones we're getting?"

A SSFV update "pack" including characters, stages, etc. that launches immediately w/ the update, w/ S3 following? It'd let them double-dip for the year.
If SSFV is supposed to be a glorified free update, I can't imagine any characters being included in the update. Maybe a free stage or two, but that'd likely be it in terms of freebies that you'd normally have to earn/pay for.

mbpm1

SF gets major shakeups every iteration. S2 was big just not in the ways people wanted in terms of defense and additional features. I really doubt they'll leave us with a lack of defensive options because they probably want more offensive shit in the future.

Only the haters will be left with no defensive options

kirblar

If SSFV is supposed to be a glorified free update, I can't imagine any characters being included in the update. Maybe a free stage or two, but that'd likely be it in terms of freebies that you'd normally have to earn/pay for.
You know, if they wanted to do Decapre, though, she'd be a perfect freebie character.

MrCarter

They are just gonna have to suck it up unfortunately. If it's a free update for eveyone then I don't see why it would be an issue.

Bob White

Fuck capcom. Fuck these new SHIT servers. How the fucking hell can NRS of all companies run circles around the capcom for free.

Seriously. All goddamn morning. More mexican flags than ever, more shit rollback. I mean, how in the FUCK can there be so many things in the game that desyncs a match? Vtriggers, dizzy, stages, and the fucking cage falling?! Like, for real?

This game is busted and the new servers didn't do SHIT. And this is on top of the shit 50/50 wake up jab into vtrigger pressure balance! How is this game so bad?

joe2187

Banned
SFV will always be shitposted to oblivion either way so they might as well do it.

Capcom: CFN 3.0 comes with 10000000 FM, All characters you've ever wanted. A brand new puppy. Dragons Dogma 2, DMC5 and a free hand job

Anonymous poster: Fuck sakes crapcom, couldn't even spare for a BJ or Anal? what a piece of shit company.

Bob White

6349019023.png

Ethernet and PS4. Means fuck all because since the new servers I've had shit matches like crazy. I'm fucking done...time to take a week break. I just can't stand the quality of this shit and how people excuse it.

Didn't you and other people in the Seattle area have issues? Might be worth notifying them when you want to swing back to the game.

6349019023.png

Ethernet and PS4. Means fuck all because since the new servers I've had shit matches like crazy. I'm fucking done...time to take a week break. I just can't stand the quality of this shit and how people excuse it.

Having a high average bandwidth isn't particularly indicative of the quality of your connection, and it looks like you are connecting to your ISP for that test, based on the ping. Try running the following test and look at the jitter in particular (you have to view more details after the test has run):
https://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

HardRojo

Why would you want them to charge money for it when it's going to be free? (if its real)

That would just upset people even further.
I didn't explain myself properly, of course you'd still get the update if you have the original SFV, SSFV would just be a repackaged rerelease including content released before to attract new players.
Anybody up for games?

Sizable FM bonus? You can already get over 1mil fm if you have all characters rather easily. And if you log in once a week for a 10-15min you get 200-300k on top of that. Don't really think sizable FM bonus is necessary
100-150k FM would be enough to get a couple more stages, I think that'd be an attractive bonus for people looking into the hypothetical rerelease. Original SFV would still work and be updated.
The deluxe edition containing both Season Passes is going for $40 right now and that's a great deal in my opinion. A hypothetical rerelease with even more content (and marketed correctly) at $50 would probably be a good point to start.

Blueblur1

You know, if they wanted to do Decapre, though, she'd be a perfect freebie character.

I'm leaning towards a a stage or two. They've done it before when they gave Guile's stage to Season 1 Pass owners.

MCD250

Well, I feel dumb as shit right now, but in all the months that I've been maining Cammy I didn't realize that she could do her target combo > EX hooligan air throw outside of the corner. I thought maybe it was a S2/2.5 thing, but I checked in the Vol.1 trials and she can do it there too.

It's not as optimal as target combo > EX hooligan divekick > DP, but man is it stylish.

HardRojo

They fucked up by saying there wouldn't be new iterations like Super or Ultra, what they should've said was that you'd be totally fine with your original copy of SFV to be able to play the latest version of the game. So yeah, once they release SSFV (if it happens) the internet and haters will have a field day, even if it's not the same scenario as SSF4 and USF4.

kirblar

They fucked up by saying there wouldn't be new iterations like Super or Ultra, what they should've said was that you'd be totally fine with your original copy of SFV to be able to play the latest version of the game. So yeah, once they release SSFV (if it happens) the internet and haters will have a field day, even if it's not the same scenario as SSF4 and USF4.
They said "you'll never have to buy the game again."

Stupid idiots will stupid idiot. Being scared of them is a bad idea.

JusDoIt

The deluxe edition containing both Season Passes is going for $40 right now and that's a great deal in my opinion. A hypothetical rerelease with even more content (and marketed correctly) at $50 would probably be a good point to start.

SFV ain't gonna get a huge boost of new players with more content alone. It will only get them with more content and a rock bottom price. They can make up the difference with cosmetic DLC, but Capcom needs to practically give the game away now to get more players in.

But they did say that. A lot. https://media.eventhubs.com/images/2015/07/18_sf5panel18.jpg
One disc was all you needed.
That was big selling point in that all gameplay related content would be free.

MrCarter

Fuck capcom. Fuck these new SHIT servers. How the fucking hell can NRS of all companies run circles around the capcom for free.

Seriously. All goddamn morning. More mexican flags than ever, more shit rollback. I mean, how in the FUCK can there be so many things in the game that desyncs a match? Vtriggers, dizzy, stages, and the fucking cage falling?! Like, for real?

Wait stages and triggers desync the game? First I've ever heard of that happen but I have experience lag spikes or one-sided rollback. I played on that Vega stage online too and haven't had any issues as of yet.

Top Bottom